Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 What kind of railroader are you?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is your Favorite Modern Paint scheme? Topic Next Topic: Favorite/Best Tyco Diesel?  

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - October 16 2016 :  4:23:51 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
Poll Question:
Everyone has their own taste, let's find out!

Choices:

Rivets, Rivets, Rivets!
TYCO TYCO T Y C O
Good looking and prototypical
Who the heck cares? Trains are for fun!
As long as it looks like a train...
If it fits on the track, its a train

(Anonymous Vote)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - October 16 2016 :  5:41:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I collect just about any brand!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - October 16 2016 :  6:41:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
In the realm of HO I mostly collect TYCO. However all brands are cool.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 16 2016 :  8:40:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
anything goes for me in the billboard/ad cars
real or fakes

my fave thing is Trains In Movies!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 16 2016 :  8:58:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I like Turbo trains, the Atlas Turbo racer, my haunted caboose, and automobile bodies put on HO chassis's. If it fits on rails, I'll run it.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 17 2016 :  12:25:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
If I ever build a layout, I will try to make it realistic, and attempt to operate it prototypically. However, I'm not a rivet counter, since to me a piece of rolling stock looks the same whether a line of rivets contains 90 or 100 of the little things. Also, I can't stand trackside and determine if a freight car is 50 feet long or 51, so what does it matter? In my opinion, if it looks right, it is right.

I still have most of my childhood Tyco (and Life Like and AHM) collection, and the items I had lost or damaged I have replaced, except for one. Compared to the O27 equipment I had previously, my Tyco equipment was quite prototypical, and thus was my introduction to scale model railroading. And if I feel like running it on my future realistic layout, I will!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Heihachi_73
Switcher

Posted - October 24 2016 :  2:59:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Heihachi_73 to Buddylist
Anything HO scale as long as I can shove some #5s on each end.
 Country: Australia  ~  Posts: 89  ~  Member Since: April 29 2016  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 25 2016 :  12:23:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
Btw, I voted "good looking and prototypical," which is my personal preference for a layout, but I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment "who the heck cares? Trains are for fun!"
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - October 25 2016 :  08:15:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Years ago I would have been in the "good looking and prototypical", now I'm just in it for "Good looking and fun". My layout has 15"R curves, so I'm lomited to smaller rolling stock. Tyco and LL "Shorty" passenger cars (and old time stuff) is awesome, but I'm not going to worry about rivets.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - October 25 2016 :  2:42:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
Definetly not a rivet counter but boy do I love the good running, good looking stuff that is being released. I guess the only thing im really picky about is operation.
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

dirtboy45
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - October 26 2016 :  1:32:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add dirtboy45 to Buddylist
I love Tyco and recently I've been in a collecting frenzy and now I'm winding down to take stock of my collection. i hope to post photos of my OTW's soon. My wife and I recently moved to Warner Robins GA. Just south of Macon. No model train stores nearby. I have resorted to flea markets and yard sales. So far I have been lucky and made some connections here and there. The bg hobby stores are 3 hours north in Atlanta. I miss my old hobby store in Springfield MO, especially the dollar bins the vendor lets folks dig through. One mans trash is another's treasure! I now have a very small layout and only test on it. When my wife and I buy a new place here in GA or wherever, the new layout is going to be YUGE! I'm definitely going to have a separate TYCO layout dedicated to TYCO only. Everything TYCO and in between, but, especially TYCO! I'm looking forward to reading more posts and looking at and posting pics to the OTW. See ya all.
John S. Cunningham
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 41  ~  Member Since: November 17 2011  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - October 26 2016 :  5:32:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
For the poll questions I would almost say "all of the above". But I will say that I sure do like taking a razor saw and kitbashing something new. Not sure why but it's heck of a lot of fun.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - October 26 2016 :  6:17:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
None of the above... VINTAGE all the way! The older and more obscure the model the better. I try to keep everything close to prototype but cardboard sides can only do so much
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: What is your Favorite Modern Paint scheme? Topic Next Topic: Favorite/Best Tyco Diesel?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000