Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Maintenance & Repair Shop
 Replacement brush springs?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Will KD couplers fit Tyco rolling stock? Topic Next Topic: Can anyone recomend a restoration guy?  

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - October 08 2016 :  5:39:23 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Back when I got my E7, I wound up mangling one of the brush springs while trying to get everything back in after upgrading it to Dash Motorsports magnets. Is there a good cheap source for suitable replacements?
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 08 2016 :  9:16:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
If you're talking about the PT motor bruches, you can use old Aurora flat type, they are a perfect fit/replacement. Do NOT get the "modernized" ones with a spring nub! Too tall! You want the really flat ones. Available on Ebay.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - October 08 2016 :  9:52:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Yes, I'm talking about the PT motor. Tyco's E7s only ever had PT motors.

I have the brushes themselves, what I need is one of the springs.. darn thing got bent out of shape and ruined. Aurora you say? Good to know

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 09 2016 :  8:26:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:

I have the brushes themselves, what I need is one of the springs.. darn thing got bent out of shape and ruined. Aurora you say? Good to know

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - October 08 2016 :  9:52:45 PM

That's Aurora for the BRUSHES, and AF/X for the SPRINGS. The aurora slot cars used a spring "finger", not a coil spring, to hold the brushes. The later AF/X cars used flat brushes and very flat springs like the PT motor.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - October 09 2016 :  9:09:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Oops, sorry. Ugh, that's what I get for reading and responding while groggy..
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

prrble
Switcher

RRCrossingAvatar

Posted - November 11 2017 :  09:35:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add prrble to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - October 08 2016 :  9:52:45 PM

That's Aurora for the BRUSHES, and AF/X for the SPRINGS. The aurora slot cars used a spring "finger", not a coil spring, to hold the brushes. The later AF/X cars used flat brushes and very flat springs like the PT motor.

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - October 09 2016 :  8:26:39 PM

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: September 08 2016  ~  Last Visit: December 30 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Will KD couplers fit Tyco rolling stock? Topic Next Topic: Can anyone recomend a restoration guy?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000