Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 39 ]  [ Total: 39 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Motive Power
 Union Pacific 4 Step F9A
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco Shorty GG1 Topic Next Topic: Anyone notice this?  

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - May 26 2007 :  12:04:31 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
I acquired a nice UP F9A recently and noticed that this version is very much like the Penn Central variant having only 4 steps. I looked real close, this is a true 4 step.

I went back to Tony's site because at one time I could swear that mention of this variant of F9 was limited to the Penn Central. Now I can't seem to find that info at all. Revised?

Anyways, here's a pic.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - May 26 2007 :  12:05:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
BTW, I forgot to mention. I don't know if this is Brown or Red box, it didn't come with a box. It is older as it has the MU-2 motor and the weight is stamped Mantua Tyco.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 12 2022 :  11:06:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"I acquired a nice UP F9A recently and noticed that this version is very much like the Penn Central variant having only 4 steps.
I looked real close and this is a true 4 step.

I went back to Tony's site because at one time I could swear that mention of this variant of F9 was limited to the Penn Central.
Now I can't seem to find that info at all. Revised?

Anyways, here's a pic."

Originally posted by New York Central

Gorgeous engine. Not easy to get.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brian4321
Hudson

Gilbert HO

Posted - May 13 2022 :  2:24:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brian4321 to Buddylist
This comes from the red box era. It is interesting how many variants there are. I have both the T224-N powered and T225-N dummy and mine have 6 steps steps. Tony Cook's site shows the Penn Central with 4 and 6 steps.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 509  ~  Member Since: February 18 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco Shorty GG1 Topic Next Topic: Anyone notice this?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000