Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 36 ]  [ Total: 36 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Introduce yourself.
 Howdy to Everyone
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Long Time Lurker, 2nd Time Posting Topic Next Topic: Hello everyone  

WRustyLane
Switcher

Posted - July 27 2016 :  9:09:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add WRustyLane to Buddylist
My name is Rusty and I have been model railroading since the late 80's. I have an HO scale railroad layout that's been in my barn for over 14 years now and I'm about to resurrect it as soon as my wife and I get our spare bedroom cleaned out. I also have a 027 Lionel layout that I'm about to put up in the bedroom over the doorways and windows. Have to kick out the dogs first so we can reclaim the bedroom. I've recently been going through my engines and rolling stock (HO) and came across my Spirit of '76 locos. One's an Alcoa Century 430 and the other is a steam ten wheeler loco. Both are Tyco engines. I was looking for grab-irons for the diesel when I came across this site and decided to join. I just finished cutting out HO scale wood for my 10 wheeler 'cause I didn't have a tender load. First I added and additional weight to the tender and had to straighten out my tyre on the engine so it wouldn't derail after a few seconds of running.

Oh yeah, I constructed a small oval to fit on my coffee table to run my engines to get them all lubed up and going again after sitting for nearly 15 years in the barn. I also had to clean them up a bit. If anyone knows where I might get some diesel grab irons to fit the Alcoa Century 430, please let me know. Elsewise I'll have to make them myself out of some fine wire. I found some wire that will work but that's a lot of work. I did check out some pics of the engine on this site. I'm just glad to be able to find a pic with grab-irons intact on the engine.

A little about myself: I'm a former USMC Sgt. - served 1969 to 1973 and served in Vietnam from 1971 to 1972. I enjoy model railroading. My friend who was a top turret gunner on a B-17 during WWII got me into model railroading back in the mid 1980's. He died in 1999 and I sure do miss him and his knowledge of trains. I went to church with him back in the 80's and he invited me over to his house after church one day. That was the day I got bit by the model railroading bug and it has never gone away--just delayed a bit. Now that I'm semi retired I hope to resurrect my HO layout, maybe even build a new one that will fit the bedroom a little better. I do have a considerable amount of Tyco engines, a few Life-Like, some Bachmann's, and a few Athern engines and rolling stock. I typically like the steam engines over the diesel ones and try to model a period from the early 20's to the 50's.

Edited by - WRustyLane on July 27 2016 9:10:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: July 27 2016  ~  Last Visit: June 25 2019 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 27 2016 :  10:12:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Welcome, Rusty! Glad to have You on the forum....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 28 2016 :  9:03:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
** Howdy to you also Rusty **
* Welcome to the forum on Tyco trains, and every other mainly HO train. There maybe a few we have missed. I say this because of the N gauge, s gauge , 0-27 and O gauge that is covered here along with Slot cars. Lots of things to talk of and see here.
frank

Navy 63 to 67.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on July 28 2016 9:06:48 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 29 2016 :  5:05:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Chopsticks the Cat, my owner, and namesake, welcomes you to the Forum. He might
be ignoring you, but I will be most interested!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - July 31 2016 :  12:03:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
Welcome, Rusty.
I look forward to seeing your layout.
Evan
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

yardmaster54
Big Six

Spirit of 76

Posted - July 31 2016 :  12:29:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send yardmaster54 a Yahoo! Message  Add yardmaster54 to Buddylist
quote:
My name is Rusty and I have been model railroading since the late 80's. I have an HO scale railroad layout that's been in my barn for over 14 years now and I'm about to resurrect it as soon as my wife and I get our spare bedroom cleaned out. I also have a 027 Lionel layout that I'm about to put up in the bedroom over the doorways and windows. Have to kick out the dogs first so we can reclaim the bedroom. I've recently been going through my engines and rolling stock (HO) and came across my Spirit of '76 locos. One's an Alcoa Century 430 and the other is a steam ten wheeler loco. Both are Tyco engines. I was looking for grab-irons for the diesel when I came across this site and decided to join. I just finished cutting out HO scale wood for my 10 wheeler 'cause I didn't have a tender load. First I added and additional weight to the tender and had to straighten out my tyre on the engine so it wouldn't derail after a few seconds of running.

Oh yeah, I constructed a small oval to fit on my coffee table to run my engines to get them all lubed up and going again after sitting for nearly 15 years in the barn. I also had to clean them up a bit. If anyone knows where I might get some diesel grab irons to fit the Alcoa Century 430, please let me know. Elsewise I'll have to make them myself out of some fine wire. I found some wire that will work but that's a lot of work. I did check out some pics of the engine on this site. I'm just glad to be able to find a pic with grab-irons intact on the engine.

A little about myself: I'm a former USMC Sgt. - served 1969 to 1973 and served in Vietnam from 1971 to 1972. I enjoy model railroading. My friend who was a top turret gunner on a B-17 during WWII got me into model railroading back in the mid 1980's. He died in 1999 and I sure do miss him and his knowledge of trains. I went to church with him back in the 80's and he invited me over to his house after church one day. That was the day I got bit by the model railroading bug and it has never gone away--just delayed a bit. Now that I'm semi retired I hope to resurrect my HO layout, maybe even build a new one that will fit the bedroom a little better. I do have a considerable amount of Tyco engines, a few Life-Like, some Bachmann's, and a few Athern engines and rolling stock. I typically like the steam engines over the diesel ones and try to model a period from the early 20's to the 50's.

Originally posted by WRustyLane - July 27 2016 :  9:09:31 PM

Rusty you can go to the trading post on this site or try looking on eBay for your grab irons.

Yardmaster 54
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 277  ~  Member Since: October 01 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 06 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - July 31 2016 :  5:04:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Welcome Rusty, I look forward to reading your posts.

-Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: February 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Long Time Lurker, 2nd Time Posting Topic Next Topic: Hello everyone  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000