Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 23 ]  [ Total: 23 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Scenery & Structures
 Bachmann cow crossing , train stop accessory
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Walthers TRIGOR Track Installation and Adaptation Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding a sandhouse  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:30:05 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I picked up this cattle crossing piece at the Timonium Train show a few weeks back. I took it into work this week, and tested it with the voltmeter. It needed work. Time to break out the tools....

I had to remove the bottom plate, glued on of course. Once I carefully pried it off, I found 3 mounting studs for screws, so this thing may have originally been screwed together. I think I will also do that, with some careful drilling and chamfering of the plastic base plate.

Once off, I had to re-tension the slide contact. Ok, that works. The track contact was also not working, so I got some spare contact material I had at work, and cut and trimmed a small piece, and forced it between the rail and the contact. AFter those two mods, the piece then buzzed out great, and turns off and on again with the manual lever.

I had to add some wire to the existing nub, it was about 1/2 inch long sticking out, so needed lengthening. All told, about a 20 minute investment of time to get this old Bachmann accessory working again. I also took the heat gun to the Crossing sign, it had been bent over from incorrect storage no doubt. Got it somewhat straight again, not perfect, but at least not bent like a hook. Overall, a successful repair job, and hope to use it on something, whether a layout or a module of some type. A nice $5 piece that will bring a smile to some faces I'm sure, definitely MINE.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - May 27 2016 :  2:40:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
I always wanted this when i was a kid. Very neat.
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 27 2016 :  8:52:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I always wanted this when i was a kid. Very neat.

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - May 27 2016 :  2:40:04 PM

yeah me too
I even want the Disaster Crossing too!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 27 2016 :  10:37:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Neat piece, Jerry. I had never seen that one before.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 28 2016 :  1:06:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Neat piece, Jerry. I had never seen that one before.

Originally posted by walt - May 27 2016 :  10:37:08 PM

I've seen the Disaster crossing ( automobile on tow truck ) more than this one , and even that one is rare. Saw the Disaster one on Ebay last week, only $12 at the time. I even have the N gauge version of the Disaster crossing. Will be fun to actually use it on something, especially at a train show. Will have to make a special DC only track on my module(s) to use it. I doubt the DCC'ers will appreciate having their trains stopped by cows or cars. What MIGHT be fun is to have a trolley run behind the main lines, and it can be a back and forth type, and just have the accessory actuated on occasion. Hmm, yeah, that sounds like a good thing to try.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
Edited by - AMC_Gremlin_GT on May 28 2016 1:09:00 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Walthers TRIGOR Track Installation and Adaptation Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuilding a sandhouse  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000