Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 Bachmann 2016 catalog
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: sweet,Rapido pennsy FA-2 in HO Scale Topic Next Topic: Walthers bringing back the Dash 8-40B!  

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - February 19 2016 :  9:07:27 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
I thought I'd share that the Bachmann 2016 catalog is now available...
http://resources.bachmanntrains.com/bachmann2016/

Pretty interesting stuff! More E-Z App locomotives have been made available, including the GP35 (former Bachmann Plus loco) and RS-3. I've already got an E-Z App locomotive (BNSF GP35) and it works great so far, and now I see they have an E-Z App steam train set. It may not be long before they sell the locomotive separately (in multiple road names, of course), as I did notice the E-Z App for iOS has a setting for steam sound effects, in addition to diesel.
I wouldn't be surprised if the local hobby shop owner started selling that Coastliner train set, as the CSX runs through Brockton (though the track line is currently owned by the MBTA), and the freight trains they run through here are always powered by GP40 diesels in the "Dark Future" paint scheme.

I also noticed Bachmann has hopped on the bandwagon in selling low-cost battery-operated "toy" train sets for the younger set, just as Life-Like did a few years back. Not bad, and it's interesting how both of Bachmann's toy sets are diesel, while the Life-Like toy sets use steam engines. Nice inclusion of accessories too, like the Life-Like ones have.

A lot of other stuff is still the same, though I haven't seen the HHP-8 locomotive in the catalog. I guess Bachmann is going to discontinue it since Amtrak no longer uses the real thing (still hoping KATO or someone makes an HO-scale ACS-64 electric locomotive like Amtrak uses today!)
Good to see that E-Z Command Smart Interface listed in the catalog as well; I plan to get that for my train layout, so I can control all my trains wirelessly with my iPod Touch and my Samsung Galaxy Android phone. I may also get the animated Santa Fe cattle car as well (I already have the animated Union Pacific horse car.)

Of course, quite a few of their classic accessories, like the Plasticville building kits and trackside accessories, their figures, the blinking storage tank, diesel horn oil tank and steam whistle shanty, and the dual crossing gate, are still available. I also saw the classic Bachmann blinking truss bridge listed in the catalog, now compatible with E-Z Track!

Yup, with this catalog comes quite a few new items I plan to buy for my HO train layout!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator 

dastumer
Switcher

Daylight 4449

Posted - February 20 2016 :  9:40:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add dastumer to Buddylist
The battery powered locomotives have a rear freight car truck lol. The passenger cars also have freight car trucks. Looks like a fun set to get kids just out of Thomas and into model trains, though.
-Peter
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 97  ~  Member Since: June 11 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - February 20 2016 :  10:59:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
More like a replacement introduction to Model trains for Bachmann's Thomas range, since thanks to HiT licenseflating the MSRPs that range is now way less kid-friendly
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - February 21 2016 :  5:10:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
That would make sense. Lionel also makes battery-operated train sets for introducing the younger set to toy trains, and I already mentioned Life-Like does, too.

I like how their Smokestack Express set comes with a number of features and accessories, including switches, an uncoupling track, a railroad crossing, etc. Gives kids a lot to work with, like when setting up a real model railroad. (Then again, Life-Like was known for often including neat accessories into their electric train sets.)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 21 2016 :  5:38:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
My 11 year old daughter bought me the Life-Like train set for under the Christmas tree... We had fun with it in December. As for the catalog, I have too much stuff to use already. Looks like I'm limited to ground cover materials a some more slot cars.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: sweet,Rapido pennsy FA-2 in HO Scale Topic Next Topic: Walthers bringing back the Dash 8-40B!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000