Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 What color to repaint my Tyco autorack?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Should Chops keep all this stuff? Topic Next Topic: who do you like best  

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - January 10 2016 :  5:50:55 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Poll Question:
Ever since I first saw the "Lady Lionel" (AKA "Girls' Train") I was quite taken with the pastel colors - I think they look quite nice. Recently, I've started painting up a bunch of my rolling stock in the same sorts of colors. I have specific colors in mind for several of them, but not all of them. I'm having trouble deciding on what to paint the autorack, so I figured I'd poll everyone here who doesn't want to mug me and confiscate my trains after reading this.

Choices:

Lilac
Buttercup yellow
Sky blue
Mint green
Pink frosting
Robin's-egg blue

(Anonymous Vote)

Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 11 2016 :  12:16:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Sky Blue for GN or The Rock!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - January 21 2016 :  8:58:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Mint green seems to be leading the poll.
I admit I'm a bit hesitant to about painting it sky blue, since that's the color I've painted my caboose and autoracks generally at the back from what I've read.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - March 08 2016 :  1:43:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
And the poll is still a tie...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - March 08 2016 :  1:49:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
And the poll is still a tie...

Originally posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman - March 08 2016 :  1:43:40 PM

The question is what are you gonna load it with. Cariages? Pink corvettes?

Also, I think you need a stock car loaded with unicorns.

Edited by - Autobus Prime on March 08 2016 1:50:04 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - March 08 2016 :  2:08:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Not going quire that direction, Autobus Prime :P And a stock car full of unicorns? Please. They're too powerful and sentient for that. I am going to have a few unicorns as kind of an easter egg though.

What I'm going to load the autorack with is car-shaped dummies covered with tarpaulins to free up the Chevy Citation IIs it came loaded with for layout use.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2016 :  7:16:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
"What I'm going to load the autorack with is car-shaped dummies
covered with tarpaulins to free up the Chevy Citation IIs it came
loaded with for layout use."

Do you save pencil eraser shavings and soap shards,
too?

I voted for mint green, by the way. What other color is
there?

Edited by - Chops124 on March 15 2016 7:17:32 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - March 15 2016 :  10:40:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
quote:
Do you save pencil eraser shavings and soap shards,
too?

Originally posted by Chops124 - March 15 2016 :  7:16:23 PM

Ahahahaha no. But those Citations and seven JTT autos are the only HO cars I have to my name, and the JTT autos are being a pain to open up the windows on because of how thickly cast they are. A slip-up while working on one a few weeks ago gave me a nasty cut in my left index finger. The skin has since healed, but the flesh below is still working on fully recovering.

Looks like mint green wins. Would a mod please close the poll?

Edited by - ZeldaTheSwordsman on March 15 2016 10:54:17 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 16 2016 :  03:39:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I like a lot of different colors being a lifetime car/restorer. The pastel colors can be a hit. The mint green in my opinion is a good choice. Since grade school until today, I favored the Crayon color of "Sea Green"...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Should Chops keep all this stuff? Topic Next Topic: who do you like best  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000