Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 10 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 Should Chops keep all this stuff?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What is the best DCC system for a large layout? Topic Next Topic: What color to repaint my Tyco autorack?  

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 24 2015 :  01:22:44 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Not shown are the Tyco Horse Corral set (Laramie) and Bachmann Gravy Train box cars (five) and a NIB Tyco glow in the dark set.
I have been on a mad Tyco Bender lately. Every time Tin Plate Henry comes in with
more Tyco stuff I feel compelled to buy it, thinking, "the time to buy it is when you
see it." I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed. Do I keep this stuff or do I toss it
out on ebay and see if anyone wants it? Oh, I forgot to mention the AHM (it's not
even Tyco) three car Hyvee set because it had the Maxwell House Hopper in it.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 24 2015 01:24:26 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator 

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 24 2015 :  02:56:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Wow! Jeff has 2 of the Kenworth Flats! Those bring a nice sum when Ebay is selling good!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

bnsfIA
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - November 24 2015 :  08:26:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add bnsfIA to Buddylist
If you put them on ebay, for a fair price, I would buy the one of the flats w cabs
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 280  ~  Member Since: October 13 2014  ~  Last Visit: July 13 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 24 2015 :  11:48:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
If you put them on ebay, for a fair price, I would buy the one of the flats w cabs

Originally posted by bnsfIA - November 24 2015 :  08:26:56 AM

yeah
I would buy 1 Kenworth set from you, Chops or trade
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 24 2015 :  12:01:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Thus my dilemma. I cannot decide. BUT Tinplate Henry has some
more stuff I forced myself NOT to buy, I'll put it on the TF form, and
you can email him at Henry14a@yahoo.com. I totally vouch for
this guy. He is a regular ebay trader and an antique dealer.
Has a nice flat, NIB, with Bekins Moving pigs. Also a NIB
Union Pacific flat with pigs. His prices are more than fair, he
never gouges.

Edited by - Chops124 on November 24 2015 12:04:05 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 24 2015 :  1:13:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
pigs?
try TRAILERS hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - November 24 2015 :  1:51:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Keep what you like Chops! I like the green engine you got!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 26 2015 :  9:06:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yeah, if I sell this stuff off I'll be kicking myself
for' too long. If anyone wants some of this
action, email Henry14@yahoo.com. Also
found a NIB Tyco flat with the Sea-Land
containers this afternoon.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 11 2016 :  9:13:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
It's hard to pass up that piggyback stuff but as you know, I have met my limit... Very Nice bunch of items, Jeff.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 21 2016 :  10:07:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I ended up selling the Shuttle Jack on Evilbay for $80,
a bit less than the $120 I was hoping for. I liked the
piece, but it really doesn't meld with the Tyco I've
been accumulating. So it went to Florida to start
life as a Wall Queen, even though she runs very
well. I figure if I just hung on to it, it would get
damaged from excessive storage.

The piggy backs I ended up keeping, and
I'm glad I did. It is unlikely I will ever see
them again, and the price was good. They
look awesome snaking around curves.

I can't seem to give the Hyvee promotional set
away on Fleabay, and I keep dropping the asking
price (NO Micro, you may not have it for free).
Guess I'll just have to use it now and then until
some sucker shows up as impulsive as I was.

Edited by - Chops124 on March 21 2016 10:10:13 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 21 2016 :  10:56:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Well, Chops ... It's hard to turn loose of some of this stuff ! I have realize that I have too much stuff, some I know I just can't use as I have no where that satisfies the Tyco Crossover bridge. I have two Atlas Girder Truss bridges I wanted to use but have no water nor anywhere to put water that works well, or would look good. I have train cars that I know I have no room for. My nephew has spoken of the Tyco Old Spice box car since Christmas. I'm thinking of sending it down to him... OR who knows? I might just keep all of it and shove it in a box under the layout table!!
  Previous Topic: What is the best DCC system for a large layout? Topic Next Topic: What color to repaint my Tyco autorack?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000