Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Life-Like Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 How To Service Help?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: can u help find the parts Topic Next Topic: 2-6-0 Shifter  

artskull
Switcher

artskull

Posted - August 18 2015 :  8:31:19 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add artskull to Buddylist

I have two of these Life Like Campbell Soup locomotives. I'm hoping folks here can offer advice of how to service them. I'm able to remove outer shell but then I'm stumped. The motor seems fully encased and then I don't see how to open the plastic casing around the trucks to clean them and along with electrical pickup. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

ArtSkull.com: Graphic Design & Illustration
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 69  ~  Member Since: December 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 19 2020 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - August 18 2015 :  9:21:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Have to remove the motor from the frame. 4 screws hold the drive unit case together..
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 19 2015 :  10:54:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
if you ever decide to sell extra let me know
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 21 2015 :  10:45:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
if you ever decide to sell extra let me know

Originally posted by microbusss - August 19 2015 :  10:54:01 PM

Ben, there's a complete Campbell's soup train at my shop for sale. He's selling it in pieces,though.

jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

artskull
Switcher

artskull

Posted - August 29 2015 :  1:48:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add artskull to Buddylist
Sorry for the delayed reply. And, apologies, but my 6 year old son wouldn't let me sell any of "his" trains.
ArtSkull.com: Graphic Design & Illustration
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 69  ~  Member Since: December 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 19 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: can u help find the parts Topic Next Topic: 2-6-0 Shifter  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000