Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 26 ]  [ Total: 27 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Bionicdisco on you tube
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: e bay Topic Next Topic: Chuck Boehmer''s O Scale Layout  

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 04 2015 :  12:42:42 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Found this on you tube on a channel bionicdisco

409 train commercial

409 cleaner used to clean up mess when dad and jr play with train set

lots of other vids of products cars etc

And on a related topic there were two commercials I remember seeing years ago feturing Model Trains

One the model is on a real railroad track

Two features two models about to crash

think they were both insurance ads

gotta go Stop at a Small Town is on Syfi now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator 

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - July 05 2015 :  6:40:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
No idea what that all means. But, based upon the amount of unregulated spam on this forum, one has to ask.

Who watches bionic anything, and what does that have to do with anything?

Dave
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - July 05 2015 :  7:23:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
Let me translate:

He's talking about a Youtube channel. "Bionic Disco" is the name of the channel. They have a vintage commercial for 409 cleaning spray that features a father and son playing with a train set.

He then goes on to tell us that there are more train videos on Youtube and he remembers even more.

After that, he's off to watch TV.

Not spam, just looks like someone who texts a lot. If you want to watch the commercial in question, just go to youtube and search for "409 train commercial" and it should be the first result. Personally I prefer all the old railroad short films from the 40's and 50's.

"thesiding"--you gotta type more formal. Us old guys can't handle it.

Edited by - burlington77 on July 05 2015 7:27:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - July 05 2015 :  7:35:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
What's "texts a lot"?
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 350  ~  Member Since: April 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - July 05 2015 :  8:05:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
What's "texts a lot"?

Originally posted by ScaleCraft - July 05 2015 :  7:35:52 PM

From my own laughable experience with texting on a flip phone, you have to type using abbreviations, acronyms, phonetic spelling and no punctuation. Also most everything is in lower case.
I hate texting anything over a single sentence with a passion.
Most everyone in their 30's and younger "text a lot", or in other words use it to communicate exclusively, unless they "tweet". Whatever that is.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 05 2015 :  8:24:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
MTAOTS???????? it can be Capital letters as well

MEANS Me text alot on this site?

If you can find the ad I can spot a Marx crossing signal the train set DEFINETLY NOT MARX Possibly AHM O?

As to the rest the two ads were on TV when I was quite young 1970 early 1971 and all I remember is the images I described and would like to see them again if anyone else knows or remembers them

Since Sy fi (The Science Fiction channel) had a Twilight Zone Marathon on yesterday the ep 'Stop Over in a Small Town" was on The end features a Lionel HO train set

Night of the Meek with an obvious plug for Lionel was on much later

The Bionic Disco channel has a few Lionel ads as well as ANY ad from the seventies with cars celeberties etc

Some I remember seeing as a kid

Lastly Bionic was the thing for kids in the seventies Lee Majors Six Million Dollar Man Lindsey Wagner the Bionic Woman till George Lucas gave us Star Wars

Do a search for the two titles

Edited by - thesiding on July 05 2015 8:47:07 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - July 05 2015 :  8:46:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
What's "texts a lot"?

Originally posted by ScaleCraft - July 05 2015 :  7:35:52 PM

From my own laughable experience with texting on a flip phone, you have to type using abbreviations, acronyms, phonetic spelling and no punctuation. Also most everything is in lower case.
I hate texting anything over a single sentence with a passion.
Most everyone in their 30's and younger "text a lot", or in other words use it to communicate exclusively, unless they "tweet". Whatever that is.

Originally posted by JNXT 7707 - July 05 2015 :  8:05:27 PM

Since I drive old cars (two 1950's and a 1964) my wife insisted I get this black-danged cellular telephone. Looks like something Captain Kirk used. I can make calls, that's all I do..when needed. Consumer Cellular gives us 100 minutes split between my wife's Star Trek phone and mine, and in all these years we have NEVER even come close to that.

It texting that stupid thing folks do on the freeway and not pay attention?

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - July 05 2015 :  8:49:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by ScaleCraft - July 05 2015 :  8:46:20 PM

Yep, that's it. Sending text messages on a cell phone. I've actually got you beat...I don't have any cell phone at all. I'm the only guy under 40 I know doesn't have one. I just don't want one.

I work with teenagers all the time. Most of the homework comes in with this level of grammar.

And I get what you're saying about the old cars. My students constantly ask me what I would do if my car broke down since I don't have a phone. I always tell them this: put one foot on the ground. Place the other foot in front of it. Repeat until you get where you want to go.

Edited by - burlington77 on July 05 2015 8:52:55 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - July 05 2015 :  9:15:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
siding - I remember a Twilight Zone episode where the people discovered they were actually living in a model town and the aliens were the size we would be to our HO scale figures. Don't remember if there was a model train though.

burlington 77 - I use my cell as sparingly as possible. People know when I get home I turn the thing off. I do like having one in the car for an emergency though.

texting? I can see it for sending a short sentence like "I made it" or something like that. But to have entire conversations like younger folks do is beyond me. Why not just call the person and "talk"? I guess I am an official "old curmudgeon" now

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 05 2015 :  9:28:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
that is the episode they take a train from "Centerville" 30 seconds later they are back in "Centerville"

because the couple is on an HO layout

As to texting for me my fingers though not arthritic yet my fingers are to big for the buttons on the phone
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ScaleCraft
Big Six

Posted - July 05 2015 :  11:21:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ScaleCraft to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by ScaleCraft - July 05 2015 :  8:46:20 PM

Yep, that's it. Sending text messages on a cell phone. I've actually got you beat...I don't have any cell phone at all. I'm the only guy under 40 I know doesn't have one. I just don't want one.

I work with teenagers all the time. Most of the homework comes in with this level of grammar.

And I get what you're saying about the old cars. My students constantly ask me what I would do if my car broke down since I don't have a phone. I always tell them this: put one foot on the ground. Place the other foot in front of it. Repeat until you get where you want to go.

Originally posted by burlington77 - July 05 2015 :  8:49:41 PM

I actually needed to call Friday morning. I have a 64 Jag MK2, RHD, 2.4L engine, coming home from St. Arbucks, the NAPA facet fuel pump quit. Rolled into a parking space, hung my blue flag on the rear view, called the wife, she came and picked me up, went back down with my brother, towed it up the hill with a cable, got a new pump today, and all is well with my LBC.

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - July 06 2015 :  3:01:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
that is the episode they take a train from "Centerville" 30 seconds later they are back in "Centerville"

because the couple is on an HO layout

As to texting for me my fingers though not arthritic yet my fingers are to big for the buttons on the phone

Originally posted by thesiding - July 05 2015 :  9:28:53 PM

I caught that on tv yesterday too, one of my favorite episodes. Gotta wonder why they didn't run into any lifesize plastic figures though if they were lifesize people in an HO scale layout... I guess the aliens hadn't finished scenicking their pike yet

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 06 2015 :  3:49:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
A "plastic" figure was in a automobile on the layout along with a stuffed squirrel

Scenes are cut when shown now a days The Night of the Meek ep with Art Carmey has him briefly operating the Lionel layout scene is generally cut
  Previous Topic: e bay Topic Next Topic: Chuck Boehmer''s O Scale Layout  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.83 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000