Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 28 ]  [ Total: 28 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Accessories
 What are brown box Tyco kits worth?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: tyco signal man accessory wiring? Topic Next Topic: Tyco Union ''76 Station  

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - June 06 2015 :  6:09:48 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I was in an antique mall yesterday and saw maybe half a dozen unopened Tyco brown box building kits. If I remember correctly, they ranged in price from about $12 to $22. Are those reasonable prices or antique booth prices?

Some if not all of them were Center Street Series kits. I recall seeing Miracle Furniture, Loew's Theatre, Honest Sam's Used Car Lot, and I think a school house.

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1485  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2024 Alert Moderator 

burlington77
Big Boy

burlington2

Posted - June 06 2015 :  6:25:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add burlington77 to Buddylist
This is hard to answer because it varies so much from region to region and online. My short answer: Since they're unopened, I'd pay that price for something I really wanted, but it's no bargain. Not the worst price I've ever seen, but certainly not time to stock up.
Edited by - burlington77 on June 06 2015 6:25:48 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1166  ~  Member Since: October 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: December 23 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 06 2015 :  7:23:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
if a few are BK, 7up, HJ, BR & PH grab them!!
ok BR I wants several of
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 06 2015 :  8:39:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I believe those are fair prices for sealed kits...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - June 06 2015 :  8:43:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I live in the Washington, DC area, and I would consider that pricing as not bad for buildings. 22 may be on the high side, depending on the kit, but I rarely see any buildings go for under $10, so if it's an action accessory building, it may be worth it. would all depend on the building type. The Honest Sam's kit I've seen on Ebay, and they sell really well, usually over the 20 dollar mark, I think I lucked out and bought a built kit for $13. So doesn't sound too high really.

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - June 06 2015 :  10:05:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I think those are okay prices. That's about how much I got my lighted Tyco factory for $11.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: tyco signal man accessory wiring? Topic Next Topic: Tyco Union ''76 Station  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000