Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Mantua Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 0-4-0 and Little 6 Valve Gear
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Mantua Metal Products Gondola . . . Topic Next Topic: Mantua 0-4-0 Booster  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - March 17 2015 :  8:48:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
What components are needed for the valve gear on the 0-4-0? I own one with it but they seem rare anymore. Ihhave a set of 4-6-2 and 2-8-2 valve gears.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

Ray Marinaccio
Big Boy

RayAvatar

Posted - March 18 2015 :  4:32:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ray Marinaccio to Buddylist
Here's a link to the valve gear instruction which include part numbers.
http://www.hoseeker.net/mantuainstructions/mantua754valvegearassembly.jpg
It looks as though the only parts common to the Pacific and Mikado are the 8458 eccentric cranks and the 8459 eccentric rods (from the Pacific) used for the 0-4-0.
And the 8449 eccentric rods (from the Mikado) used for the 0-6-0 and 2-6-2.
And the 8351 rivets, 6390 shouldered bushing and 7165 crank pin bolt.

Ray
Edited by - Ray Marinaccio on March 18 2015 4:55:36 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1285  ~  Member Since: December 14 2005  ~  Last Visit: May 16 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - March 18 2015 :  4:55:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Not the same as the 0-6-0T and 0-4-0's. Wheel base is different

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - March 18 2015 :  5:05:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I did cross reference the numbers. No luck! Wish I had skills to make parts from scratch.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

richard p
Little Six

Posted - June 13 2015 :  2:17:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add richard p to Buddylist
You can get lucky and find an engine with valve gear on ebay for a decent price. I got 2 of them that way. I have noticed that there are always multiple bids on engines with valve gear over the last 2 years or so. Good luck.
rich p
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 190  ~  Member Since: December 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 02 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - June 13 2015 :  3:10:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I've got one 0-4-0 with the valve gear. I'll wait and search for more. Always wanted the Mantua tank engines with the valve gear.
  Previous Topic: Mantua Metal Products Gondola . . . Topic Next Topic: Mantua 0-4-0 Booster  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000