Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 37 ]  [ Total: 37 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Pit
 Tyco Speedways White Guardrail.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: My updated corkboard slot track AFX / Tomy Topic Next Topic: Life-Like Train/slot crossing tracks...  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 19 2015 :  12:15:51 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Years ago I bought quite a bit of Aurora Model Motoring white guardrail. I have found that the lower section that snaps onto the track edge doesn't fit the old style Tyco slot track correctly. The track is slightly larger than the clip opening, leaving grinding small notches out of the bottom edge of the track for proper fit. Or trimming the rail clips a little.

In one of my boxes I found a WHITE piece of guardrail with "Tyco Speedways" printed on the rear side of the rail. I was only familiar with yellow Tyco railing. Does anyone here have any of the white Speedways railing or know of any??

Edited by - walt on February 19 2015 12:16:26 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 19 2015 :  08:07:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
unfortunately, most of my slot stuff is buried right now. I know the very old stuff originally was white, and later in the 70's and 80's it migrated to bright yellow. I have white, I'm sure, but like I said, it's all buried at the moment and I can't get to it to see what it is. If I find any I'll look at it and see if it has that printed on it.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 21 2015 :  1:24:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
UPDATE, My sister bought me a Dremel set for Christmas and today I got it out to play with it. I thought of the Model Motoring guardrail that was slightly a bit too tight on the Tyco track to fit well. Using the Dremel I trimmed about half of the little tab of the rail that sits on top of the race track. The rail now fits as it should and I have several long rails done already. So I'm not looking for guardrail now as I have plenty...
Edited by - walt on March 09 2015 11:48:53 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

blaneo
Switcher

B&O Switcher

Posted - March 11 2015 :  11:19:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blaneo to Buddylist
Here's how I applied the guardrails to my layout. Not sure if I have ever shared this here before or not.

Blane is the name,
Trains are the game.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 96  ~  Member Since: December 03 2012  ~  Last Visit: June 24 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - March 11 2015 :  12:04:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
UPDATE, My sister bought me a Dremel set for Christmas and today I got it out to play with it...
Originally posted by walt - February 21 2015 :  1:24:48 PM

I couldn't function without my Dremel tool!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 11 2015 :  6:20:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey that looks Awesome Sauce great, Walt
I likes it
But you might want to print out some chevron arrows since it is a sharp curve
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 14 2015 :  10:19:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Hey, Blane... Nice to hear from you! I like your photos!

Jerry! The Dremel is a nice tool(s) !
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: My updated corkboard slot track AFX / Tomy Topic Next Topic: Life-Like Train/slot crossing tracks...  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000