Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 12 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 American Flyer (Gilbert)
 RFG Co. AF/Gilbert parts: is there a problem?????
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Gilbert HO track Topic Next Topic: American Flyer of Henry Vasquez  

DennisT
Switcher

Posted - December 29 2014 :  01:30:14 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add DennisT to Buddylist
I'm wondering if I'm being taken for a ride. I ordered $56 worth of Gilbert 0-6-0 parts from them last July. Got a confirmation. Then waited. Long time. Finally got a status last September saying their facility had sustained weather damage and asked for patience. It's not the end of 2014. Nothing. I just wrote to them via their cumbersome web page. Waiting again.

Are they legitimate?

Dennis in E WA state
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: March 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2015 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 29 2014 :  05:17:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Good luck! RFG Co. is a rip off.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - December 29 2014 :  05:55:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
Have you paid them yet?
~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DennisT
Switcher

Posted - December 29 2014 :  11:43:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DennisT to Buddylist
Sure I paid them...last July when I ordered. I like to hold up my end. Ha. Guess it's bad luck for me.

What's the rest of the story on this outfit?

Dennis
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: March 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 29 2014 :  4:02:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Don't ask me why, he holds his end up on eBay compared to his online store! I paid for traction tires for my #31031 0-6-0 3 years ago! Never got them and every email was a lie. Us Flyer guys use Portline Hobbies as he is a great dealer.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - December 29 2014 :  4:50:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
For American Flyer S and HO parts Portline Hobbies is a good source. Doug Peck is very reputable.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RDC1
Hudson

P&R

Posted - December 29 2014 :  7:49:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RDC1 to Buddylist
quote:
Sure I paid them...last July when I ordered. I like to hold up my end. Ha. Guess it's bad luck for me.

What's the rest of the story on this outfit?

Dennis

Originally posted by DennisT - December 29 2014 :  11:43:39 AM

If you paid with credit card or a VISA or Mastercard debit/check card, write to the bank about it. Don't bother with phone calls, put it in writing, mail or FAX. They do not take kindly to that sort of vendor behavior.

If you paid via check through US Mail, I would contact the Postmaster General. It's possible mail fraud.

You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Resolving issues like this is what they do.

~ Dave

They're ALL toys

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 547  ~  Member Since: December 25 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 20 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DennisT
Switcher

Posted - December 30 2014 :  10:29:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DennisT to Buddylist
I might call my credit card company. Sounds like they are crooked. Too bad. I'm retired, so have limited budget and these Gilbert 0-6-0's are my first entry into the Gilbert line I remember reading ads about in my younger days. Sort of a new excitement. One of my ebay finds turned up with a bad axle gear or worm gear....last summer now so it's hard to remember which. Someone actually recommended RFG and that's why I ordered from them. I'll dig out the little switcher and see which. I might try Portline Hobbies like mentioned here. Pretty discouraging. Thanks for all the comments. Dennis
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: March 26 2013  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DennisT
Switcher

Posted - June 11 2015 :  9:43:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DennisT to Buddylist
Update: I did eventually contact my credit card company. They sent me a complaint form which I filled out. After they processed it, they notified me that they were tentatively giving me a full credit, they'd notified RFG and if the vendor did not respond within 45 days, my credit would be firm.

RFD apparently never replied, so I got my refund confirmed. Wow. Took almost a year. Thanks to encouragement here, I followed through. On a retirement income, I can't afford to throw my money away.

So now I'm still looking for an axle gear for my AF/Gilbert 0-6-0. But that's OK.......

Dennis in E WA state

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - June 11 2015 :  9:52:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
The only thing the webpage is good for is research

And the videos
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 11 2015 :  9:53:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I don't know for I never bought parts from them. Thanks for the warning. I thought they were for real.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on June 11 2015 9:55:00 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Gilbert HO track Topic Next Topic: American Flyer of Henry Vasquez  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000