Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 40 ]  [ Total: 41 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 Hi-F GP-9 lighting
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn DD40 Hand Rails Topic Next Topic: Athearn Clinchfield SD45''s  

PGE33
Hudson

CanadianPacificBeaverAvatar

Posted - December 19 2014 :  4:30:15 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add PGE33 to Buddylist
Picked this up a few years ago. Anyone know the history of this lighting set-up?
Seems like it would be unique to this chassis, the way it's mounted.
Very cool, though.
I'll have to make it directional one day.
Evan
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 505  ~  Member Since: August 09 2014  ~  Last Visit: October 11 2022 Alert Moderator 

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - December 19 2014 :  6:15:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
I first saw one of these lighting kits up on eBay in the past year, and it included the instructions and company name. I thought the literature for it was over on HO Seeker, but I can't find it there, and don't remember now who made it.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

siouxlake
Hudson

Posted - December 21 2014 :  6:15:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add siouxlake to Buddylist
Just looking at the photo, it seems as if a shrink-wrapped rounded 3mm LED was inserted into a brass tube, soldered to the vertical support- to "aim" the LED light out at the appropriate height.

This would be a great project for those of use with many Athearn BB diesels.

If anyone can come up with a source, it would be great.

Siouxlake Ron
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 510  ~  Member Since: September 21 2011  ~  Last Visit: December 21 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - January 06 2015 :  01:45:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
When I first read the title I thought it said "Hi-F GP-9 lightning", and thought "yes, they really are that fast!"
Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 235  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Athearn DD40 Hand Rails Topic Next Topic: Athearn Clinchfield SD45''s  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000