Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 New Product Releases
 Bachmann's Latest
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: BLI to Make a Plymouth Diesel! Topic Next Topic: 2014 Super Bowl H0 Scale Train  

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - July 21 2014 :  10:37:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
read all about it here.

You might need to take out a 2nd mortgage or 3rd job or hit power ball

the stock car with horses, remindful of Lionel,,might actually get one or two of those.

http://www.bachmannindustriesinc.com/pdf/NMRA_2014.pdf

Edited by - jbsmith966 on July 21 2014 10:48:08 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 21 2014 :  11:00:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
prices = OUCH!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 21 2014 :  11:27:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I can see why you think the stock car looks like Lionel. Very interesting. The only thing that might stop me from getting one is the price.$32 is asking a little too much in my opinion. Of course, I need to see it in person to see if that's actually true.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on July 21 2014 11:28:59 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - July 22 2014 :  12:39:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
Resin!? That's just dumb. Not only is it heavy, it can bend, warp, and most susceptible to air bubbles during the production process.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - July 22 2014 :  06:35:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
prices = OUCH!!

Originally posted by microbusss - July 21 2014 :  11:00:19 PM

Yep. No more El Cheapo Bachmann stuff for you!

Oh I miss Model Power

I would like to check out their flex track.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - July 22 2014 :  08:25:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Some exciting stuff! A little high but better they do it! A 4-4-0 with sound?Awesome stuff.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 22 2014 :  10:33:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Some exciting stuff! A little high but better they do it! A 4-4-0 with sound?Awesome stuff.

Originally posted by Redneck Justin - July 22 2014 :  08:25:55 AM

I don't think Bachmann did a 4-4-0 in N scale with sound in previous years so that's pretty cool that they finally did that. Heck, they even went as far as putting DCC sound in their H0 scale Thomas model for crying out loud!

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."

Edited by - kovacste000 on July 22 2014 10:35:08 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ChessieRR
Big Six

BNSFAvatar

Posted - July 22 2014 :  2:26:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ChessieRR to Buddylist
Cool stuff but WAY too expensive!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 332  ~  Member Since: February 24 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 26 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 22 2014 :  2:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
had to pick myself up,and dust myself down,just shows how out of touch these guys are,with the state of peoples pockets,i saw a program last night,showing the average american has $15,000 worth of debt,will not be long before we need a second mortgage for a train set ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - July 22 2014 :  3:43:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
had to pick myself up,and dust myself down,just shows how out of touch these guys are,with the state of peoples pockets,i saw a program last night,showing the average american has $15,000 worth of debt,will not be long before we need a second mortgage for a train set ken

Originally posted by catfordken - July 22 2014 :  2:48:47 PM

Yes...well it appears that this is the current direction of the hobby now: more detail, more features, and.....if you have to ask, you can't afford it! All RTR plug -n- play, and Bachmann has been working hard to be the next Athearn. I hoped that they were working hard to be the OLD Blue Box Athearn, but no such luck. We have kicked this subject to death already so I won't continue (unless someone else does )

The ARE nice pieces though, I won't argue that. It's just too much, no matter whose name is on the box.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jbsmith966
Big Six

Scooter, with a 75mm Recoiless Rifle !

Posted - July 22 2014 :  7:16:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jbsmith966 to Buddylist
what blows my mind is SOUND in the HO 4-4-0

Those things are Tiny to start with, where do you put a speaker ?

and whats this "16bit polyphonic sound" stuff ?

Which is great stuff on a Hi-Fi Stereo system,,but we are talking about 1 inch speakers
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 245  ~  Member Since: May 05 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 04 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - July 22 2014 :  7:53:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
I agree about needing to win the lottery, but I really do like their "sound value" series. I have the Bachmann sound value Alco S2 and it is a great performer and it has great sound (love those awesome piston clattering sounds when you accelerate!). Picked it up from Micromark for around $110, which I think is pretty good for a loco with sound, especially considering that the lowest cost sound decoder is about $45. I'm sure I'll be putting another sound value loco on my Christmas list this year.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - July 23 2014 :  5:21:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
Those have to be photos of their old 4-4-0's, because if that's their "all new tooling" that's a joke. They look identical to their slightly improved 70's tooling with better paint and printing they have been selling for about 10 years, which still have that ridiculous mutant brownie wood load in the tender designed to cover the old pancake motor, not mention the ornate bell bracket that's just a solid blob.

Note that the HO PRR photo is actually the clunkier N scale version, so hopefully this is typical pre-production catalog inaccuracies and that the new ones will actually be little jewels. If that's the case, they sure aren't putting their best foot forward by at least using photos of a pre-production model.

As for the rest of the stuff, suggested retail is just that. Everything on the list will turn up at significant discount, and hopefully their standard line will remain available.

The Tyco Depot
Edited by - NickelPlate759 on July 23 2014 5:23:18 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - July 23 2014 :  5:26:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Those have to be photos of their old 4-4-0's, because if that's their "all new tooling" that's a joke. They look identical to their slightly improved 70's tooling with better paint and printing they have been selling for about 10 years, which still have that ridiculous mutant brownie wood load in the tender designed to cover the old pancake motor, not mention the ornate bell bracket that's just a solid blob.

Note that the HO PRR photo is actually the clunkier N scale version, so hopefully this is typical pre-production catalog inaccuracies and that the new ones will actually be little jewels. If that's the case, they sure aren't putting their best foot forward by at least using photos of a pre-production model.

As for the rest of the stuff, suggested retail is just that. Everything on the list will turn up at significant discount, and hopefully their standard line will remain available.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - July 23 2014 :  5:21:31 PM

I've seen the modern ones at hobby shops. They look nearly identical to those in the pictures so yeah.

-Steve

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - September 23 2014 :  09:04:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I call their pricing "Reagan Era Pricing" back when the economy was good and everyone had decent paying jobs.....

I see this type of pricing at the train shows also.... That is why I don't usually buy anytihng there anymore....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - September 25 2014 :  07:37:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Bachmann has enough friends who buy direct at the same cost as wholesalers that it's not hard to find their items at shows for just a few dollars over normal dealer cost. In some instances I have seen stuff for sale for cheaper than dealer cost. If those prices aren't cheap enough I guess you're out of luck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: BLI to Make a Plymouth Diesel! Topic Next Topic: 2014 Super Bowl H0 Scale Train  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000