Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 16 ]  [ Total: 16 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 Athearn DD40 Hand Rails
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tank car hazmat placards Topic Next Topic: Hi-F GP-9 lighting  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - June 01 2014 :  8:44:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I need help with hand rails for my Athearn DD40/35. What generic EMD handrails by Athearn can I use for the ends and cab/nose area? I can try and bend the long hood side pieces.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - June 02 2014 :  10:59:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
Justin, I believe that the ends are specific to the DD-40. The short cab area handrails may be generic to the GP-38-40. I have several sets of these (I think) and could copy you some if necessary.
Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - August 25 2014 :  12:42:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Athearn sells them less the front handrail (they lost or broke the die).
They cost $10-$15. Call them and order a set.....

Edited by - AF Kid on August 31 2014 9:53:00 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Darth Santa Fe
Big Six

Posted - January 06 2015 :  01:47:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Darth Santa Fe to Buddylist
You could also bend new ones from steel or brass wire, and use A Line stanchions which are Athearn clones. The DD40 handrails are pretty simple.
Darth Santa Fe, doing weird and challenging projects for the fun of it!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 236  ~  Member Since: September 13 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 06 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tank car hazmat placards Topic Next Topic: Hi-F GP-9 lighting  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000