Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 Interesting Unused Tyco Track Pieces
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Slot Car Sets Ya Like to See Topic Next Topic: $5 garage sale find  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 26 2014 :  01:26:08 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist

Seldom seen Start & Finish pieces...

Would have used some cobblestone if they didn't wiggle! I like the darker colored ones...

Jump tracks, I have two ... To corny to use...

Have 2 nice lap counters...

/tyco/forum/uploaded/Walt/20140526011820_image.jpg[/img)
Lane Changers, good side by side racing is disturbed by a crash here. I figure with 4 intersections and 2 road & rail crossings , these aren't needed...

LOOPS. I have none. Just crazy corny.. I thought they were useless as a kid...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 26 2014 :  8:36:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
some nice trackage there, Walt. Never seen the start-finish pieces. Can't say I've seen the cobblestone type, either. I don't have much of the Tyco slot track, more the AF/X and Aurora and Life-Like stuff. Pretty cool for their day.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 28 2014 :  11:26:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Jerry
I think the pieces are pretty cool... I wiped the down and boxed them...

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - May 28 2014 :  11:09:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Hey, I did a search on Cobblestone HO track on Ebay, and found some neat stuff that fits over Atlas snap track, cobblesone streets! I've got a Watch set up on several different ones, they have wide streets and narrow. I may have to buy a few sections, that looks like a fun thing to use somewhere. :)

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - May 28 2014 :  11:33:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I believe that the old Aroura Model Motoring track had cobblestone pieces of straight. They were black with straight slots...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - May 29 2014 :  6:11:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Some cool pieces you have there, Walt. I like the cobble track. Then again, I kind of like sections that give the opportunity for car-car contact I also have a lap-counter with blue knobs.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - June 04 2014 :  12:53:26 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Wow, I had forgotten all about the cobblestone track, I remember seeing some at my local hobby shop as a kid. Brings back good memories, thanks for sharing them
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - June 04 2014 :  01:32:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
As a former plastics plant worker, I find it interesting that the two cobblestone sections on the right made it out into the world. The second one from the right looks like some old plastic resin broke loose from inside the barrel of the injection molding press and sputtered out of the nozzle!
Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - June 04 2014 :  02:01:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
As a former plastics plant worker, I find it interesting that the two cobblestone sections on the right made it out into the world. The second one from the right looks like some old plastic resin broke loose from inside the barrel of the injection molding press and sputtered out of the nozzle!

Originally posted by gmoney - June 04 2014 :  01:32:18 AM

You're right, Glenn. I've seen soo many variations of the cobblestone track shade(s) of color. I always have thought the red was a little too much. I've seen the mixed colored ones in some crazy patterns... I think the old Aurora ones were nice, black in color and straight... Good looking pieces...

Metalsmith1, Thank You! My layout is made up of memories...

Eric, Thank You! I too think car contact is exciting! Probably obvious from the 4 way intersections to the road and rail crossings... But I worry about the cars striking all the light poles, buildings, etc... Once done...

Edited by - walt on June 04 2014 02:20:28 AM
  Previous Topic: Slot Car Sets Ya Like to See Topic Next Topic: $5 garage sale find  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000