Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 I love the Tyco forum
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: COVID-19 Topic Next Topic: Woman steals empty commuter train  

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - May 22 2014 :  12:00:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
I love this little forum. It's practically the only model railroad forum I go to any more. It makes me so happy.

None of the angst, none of the endless hairsplitting arguments, just a bunch of people connected by their love for little toy trains. We see superdetailed layouts here and we see bright-colored toy catalog worlds. It's a fresh outlook and yet I think it's the one all of us have when first encountering this hobby. Some people grow out of it. And if they're lucky they grow back in.

I don't feel the need any more to disclaim that I appreciate scale model railroading, but --. This place has freed me of any residual need to condemn things like the Tyco GG1. It doesn't matter that it isn't a replica of a PRR loco. We can enjoy it as its own different reality.

So I wanted to just post here and say thanks, to everyone here who has made this a haven for a more relaxed, friendly brand of model railroading. And if anybody wants to chime in with the Tyco forum appreciation, why, go right ahead. :)

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 22 2014 :  12:07:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah I like it too
Fun to see what cars or locos your collection is missing & see rare or hard to find trains
Course I has a few that some are envious of
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  12:36:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Ditto!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 22 2014 :  12:42:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
Totally agree Autobus. So glad I found this site. Just last night I ventured onto another site (shall remain nameless to protect the guilty!). The same tired old script, some guy had a valid question about a locomotive, and right on cue there was the prerequisite snarky comment about it "being cheap outdated junk and not worth your time and money".
99 times out of 100 I'll read those comments and keep my mouth shut, but I guess that was number 100.
I just can't stand that elitist crap. It's a hobby and it's supposed to be fun! And here - it is!

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 22 2014 :  2:14:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
I agree with Jerry.

This forum is full of just right people:
We give and take in balanced amounts.
We measure our criticisms and work to help each other.
We present a wide measure of topics and ideas.
We encourage each other

If there are prima donnas on this site the are a very tolerant breed.

Regards, John ********************************

A critic is a gong at a railroad crossing, clanging loudly and vainly as the train goes by <> Christopher Morley

Edited by - JRG1951 on May 22 2014 2:36:49 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  3:16:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Agreed. A really nice forum with really nice creative people.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  4:54:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
This is the only site I visit. I think people here feel comfortable posting what they have, what they have worked on, etc. Other sites are full of folks that are critical and not in a constructive way. I've even seen people on these sites "refer" people to this board as a way of putting them and their stuff down. Smh
Those people aren't having any fun and that's the sad part.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 22 2014 :  6:18:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
I agree with Jerry.

This forum is full of just right people:
We give and take in balanced amounts.
We measure our criticisms and work to help each other.
We present a wide measure of topics and ideas.
We encourage each other

If there are prima donnas on this site the are a very tolerant breed.

Regards, John ********************************

A critic is a gong at a railroad crossing, clanging loudly and vainly as the train goes by <> Christopher Morley

Originally posted by JRG1951 - May 22 2014 :  2:14:51 PM

What you said right there is what all forums in general need to be. Most other forums have terrible and annoying ads, people who have zero respect over what you like, and other bad stuff I can't think of right now. This forum has none of that, at least to my knowledge, and that's what sets it apart from other model railroad forums and forums in general. This is the only forum I've ever actually been interested in joining where I'd want to do stuff on it for an extended amount of time. Most other forums I just left because of the reasons I mentioned earlier and some other stuff. I have yet to regret joining this forum at all. To me, when I want to talk trains and I'm not at a train show or with my train group, I go here.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 23 2014 :  12:34:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
This is the only train related forum that I belong to and I feel at home here. I hope that it stays the way it is and remains a source of positivity, information and above all ....fun!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rbturner
Big Six

RBT

Posted - May 23 2014 :  08:58:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add rbturner to Buddylist
I agree with all of you. I rarely visit any other forum. What I like the best about this group is that if for example; a guy took an AHM C-Liner, did some detail work to it, painted it with a 2" brush and then put some cereal box stickers on it; everyone here would have positive comments about the work.

We all just do our own thing and respect everyone else's stuff.

Amen.

Randy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 358  ~  Member Since: April 30 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Autobus Prime
Hudson

Posted - May 23 2014 :  11:42:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Autobus Prime to Buddylist
quote:
I agree with all of you. I rarely visit any other forum. What I like the best about this group is that if for example; a guy took an AHM C-Liner, did some detail work to it, painted it with a 2" brush and then put some cereal box stickers on it; everyone here would have positive comments about the work.

Amen.

Originally posted by rbturner - May 23 2014 :  08:58:41 AM

Exactly. And then you have, say, Darth Santa Fe, who comes along and is all, like, 'yeah, so, i built a handcar with micromotors in the operator figure's joints, that you can run remotely by VR and motion capture, it was fun'. All sorts of skill levels and yet we don't have putdowns of simplicity or "reverse-snobbery" against complexity or realism, just broad acceptance. It's how things should be.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 432  ~  Member Since: March 04 2008  ~  Last Visit: December 28 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 23 2014 :  1:57:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:

Amen.

I know! Most other forums aren't like that. If you did exactly what you said in the example and posted it on another train forum besides here, you would get trashed by model railroaders on that site. I was actually kinda afraid to post my Arnold Rapido caboose project because of what I've seen on other forums. Thankfully though, people liked it. If I posted the same picture on other train forums they would wine about how I screwed up a collectors item and blah blah blah. Here, everyone's cool about it.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - May 26 2014 :  12:28:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

Yes, This is a great place to be.

Mytyco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

babuff
Little Six

AHMLogoAvatar

Posted - May 26 2014 :  11:27:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add babuff to Buddylist
I agree this is the only forum I go to now and have met many good friends along the way.
It doesn't matter what level of collecting or modeling skill you have, all are welcome here as long as you are civil in your comments (unlike some other forums) and when you need help, there is a ready supply of nonjudgmental people here to help out.

leo
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 185  ~  Member Since: April 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 30 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 26 2014 :  11:41:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Also this a good place to buy, sell & trade too!
Instead of Ebay
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 26 2014 :  2:01:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
Also this a good place to buy, sell & trade too!
Instead of Ebay

Originally posted by microbusss - May 26 2014 :  11:41:55 AM

I've never really trusted Ebay all that much to be honest.

-Steve

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - May 26 2014 :  2:08:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
Thanks for inspiring my next project... I'm always looking for new ways to use C-Liners
quote:

Amen.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 20 2020 :  3:44:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Love is a strong word but this forum does have pleasurable attributes.

Although I adore the forum I will not make love to it.
Nor watch it in candlelight eating Godiva chocolates.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 21 2020 :  3:58:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I may turn into the Gimmies & Want Monster & I'm sorry if I do!

but I still need a few Tyco cars & building I don't have

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 21 2020 :  6:36:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by microbusss - March 21 2020 :  3:58:28 PM

There's this brand new website now where you may be able to find some of these items!!

It's called, EBAY!!

AND I still need a couple of million dollars if any of you members would like to chip in...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 21 2020 :  7:50:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

There's this brand new website now where you may be able to find some of these items!!

It's called, EBAY!!

AND I still need a couple of million dollars if any of you members would like to chip in...

Originally posted by walt - March 21 2020 :  6:36:08 PM

I can't do Ebay
gotta have a few things for it & I ain't got any for it

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 21 2020 :  10:17:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
quote:
quote:
I may turn into the Gimmies & Want Monster & I'm sorry if I do! "
?

It's called, EBAY!!

Originally posted by walt - March 21 2020 :  6:36:08 PM

I can't do Ebay
gotta have a few things for it & I ain't got any for it

Originally posted by microbusss - March 21 2020 :  7:50:26 PM

When I was a teen and become the gimmies or wants kids. My parents would tell me to get the lawn mower out or the rake, or snow shovel..., At some point, I wants everything! then a car. Then two cars! I was encouraged to get employment to entertain my wants and needs... It turned me into a monster too. One that would hesitate to ask anyone for a cookie if I was starving. That's just me … my Dad had a saying that he used often, "nice things comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 21 2020 :  11:12:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

On a lighter note this song reminds us of the human race and this forum.

We will survive. Have to upload that song tomorrow.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: COVID-19 Topic Next Topic: Woman steals empty commuter train  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000