Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 You know you're a model railroader if . . .
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: In Memorium Topic Next Topic: PRR + NY Central = One big mess  

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 18 2014 :  8:13:59 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
This is from RailCollector.com. I laughed til I cried at some of them, feel free to add some of your own.

You know your a model railroader if...
1. You walk into your favourite hobby shop, and the employees immediately say, "Hi, (your name), we'll get the boss for you."

2. You've ever plunked down half your paycheck for equipment in your favourite scale, and then wondered what it would be like to model in a different scale.

3. You've ever sold a perfectly good freight or passenger car, only because the new super detailed one you just bought makes the old one look bland.

4. You really agonize over decisions like, "Should I buy flowers for my wife or a pair of turnouts for my new staging yard?"

5. You talk about your favourite scale with the zeal and fervor of an evangelist promoting his religion.

6. You see a piece of plywood, and your first thought is to imagine what kind of layout could be built on it.

7. You haven't let your son play with "his" trains since last Christmas.

8. You honestly feel that, if your wife buys a new video tape, that entitles you to buy a freight car, and a new outfit for her means an engine for you. Fair is fair.

9. You've ever gotten into a debate over whether Kato is pronounced "kay-to" or "kah-to."

10. You name the places on your railroad after your wife and children, mostly out of guilt for spending so much time on the layout instead of with them.

11. You've ever traced the route of a wire under your layout by pulling on it.

12. Brass isn't something you polish, it's something you paint and weather.

13. You spend more on your model trains in a year than most Third-World nations spend on the real thing.

14. The latest issue of Model Railroader arrives on the same day as your federal tax refund check, and you open the magazine first.

15. The latest issue of Model Railroader arrives on the same day as your state tax refund check, and the only reason you open the check first is so you'll know how much you can afford to spend as you read the ads in the magazine.

16. You've ever bought a freight car you had no use for, just because it looked so nice, and then bought more just like it, so it wouldn't look out of place.

17. You've ever been tempted to send flame e-mail to someone whose only wrongdoing was outbidding you for that special engine on eBay.

18. Your wife buys you a bag of ground foam and a box of Hydrocal for your birthday, and you're speechless with joy.

19. You hate watching The Addams Family because of what Gomez does to those gorgeous, rare tinplate trains.

20. You've ever suggested that your wife's ceramic Christmas village needs a train running through it.

21. Someone says he's finished his model railroad, and you sadly shake your head and say he's missed the point of the entire hobby.

22. Your model trains run closer to schedule than CSX's do in real life.

23. You have a manila folder (or a subdirectory on your computer) full of home-drawn track plans that you know you'll never build, but they're too good to get rid of.

24. You look forward to the latest announcements from your favourite engine maker with more enthusiasm than a six-year-old looks forward to Christmas.

25. You think that three hours forming and mounting wire grab-irons on a caboose is time well spent.

26. You never miss a chance to try and interest your children in your hobby, even your teen-age son who's in the "cars" stage.

27. You've ever poured your heart into showing off your layout for friends, and their only questions are, "How much did all this cost?" and, "How fast can the engine go?"

28. You sincerely believe that the concept of limited-run engines and cars was dreamed up by the Devil himself.

29. You're setting up a simple Lionel train set to run around the Christmas tree, and you're mentally planning the scenery and structures you'll need "to make it look right."

30. You hate collectors, because they drive up the prices of the equipment you're trying to collect. (But you're going to run yours, and that's different.)

31. Your wife assumes you can fix toasters, radios, and vacuum cleaners because "you know all about that wiring stuff from working on your trains, right?"

32. You've ever told yourself, "Never again will I try to mount tiny coupler springs while working over a shag rug!"

33. You've ever felt smug because you found an inaccuracy in a published photo of somebody else's gorgeous layout. Not that you'd ever say anything about it, of course.

34. You've ever refused to buy a model freight car because the stencilled build date (which you had to squint to read) is a year off from the era you're modelling.

35. You've visited a hobby shop on a busy day, and wound up answering detailed questions for the customers.

36. You justify the money you spent at a train show as "just doing my part to improve the nation's economy."

37. Your wife gives you something expensive but inappropriate, like an articulated stack car when you model the 50's, and you run it to avoid hurting her feelings, but the whole time, you're squirming inside.

38. You can recite the plot line from at least five Thomas the Tank Engine episodes.

39. You grumble through the entire family vacation trip because there wasn't time to stop at Northlandz.

40. You refuse to buy an inexpensive, beautifully-detailed boxcar lettered for your favourite railroad, because the real thing had fourteen ribs and the model has sixteen.

41. You feel compelled to browse in the local mall's hobby shop every time you go near it, even though you know they charge list price and have nothing you need.

42. You've ever run two or more identical cars in a train, and hoped no one else noticed that the road numbers were the same.

43. You've ever tried to justify bringing home a new freight car on the grounds that it's your wife's favourite colour.

44. You talk about the merits of DCC versus cab control at parties.

45. Hardly a day goes by without you making progress on planning the layout you're going to build someday.

46. Your family has ever eaten in the den because the kitchen table was buried in decals, tools, and detail parts for your latest project.

47. You've ever gotten defensive with your railroading friends about buying a model engine or car from a manufacturer they hold in contempt.

48. You've ever calculated how long your layout is in scale miles, and padded the number by adding the lengths of the sidings and spurs.

49. It constantly annoys you that the kits for model airplanes, cars, and boats in the hobby shop aren't made to useful scales, like 1:87 or 1:160.

50. You've ever told anyone, "I can quit buying freight cars any time I want!"

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - May 18 2014 :  9:45:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
I have quite a few of those on the list.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 18 2014 :  10:17:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
19. Actually they were Lionel Trains FYI & in the movie it was a fake RS-1 loco designed to blow up on impact
20. they make trains that run thru them villages On30

51. You are so obsessed with model trains You go out & buy a real loco cab & outfit it with real controls, flatscreens & install a camera inside of your locos just to see what it feels like to drive a loco
52. you collect real railroad signs just to decorate your train room
53. you build a real full sized depot to house your trains, layout & collection
54. you build the above depot on your layout
55. You collect fictious liveries & your club hates them
56. you secretly buy old & new Matchbox, Hot Wheels or whatever diecast vehicles are cheap & are about HO cause you HATE the price of accurate HO vehicle prices!

Edited by - microbusss on May 18 2014 11:13:37 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

rgcw5
Hudson

conrock switcher

Posted - May 19 2014 :  12:14:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send rgcw5 a Yahoo! Message  Add rgcw5 to Buddylist
that just went on my facebook page!
just me Ray... and just because I have Tyco doesn't mean I am not a model railroader
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 506  ~  Member Since: April 03 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:26:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
I admit to #1, 4 (replace flowers and wife with movie tickets and girlfriend)...
5, 6, 9, 11, 14 (not taxes but an acceptance letter for some program)...
16, 17, 19, 20 (random strangers' ceramic villages!)...
21, 23, 25, 27, 31 (replace wife with all my friends, except I usually CAN fix their stuff)...
32 SO MANY TIMES ...
33, 35, 36, 37 (grandma sent me a chessie caboose... I model the PRR and conrail... needless to say that got new paint quick)...
39, 42, 45, 46, 47, 49, and 50.

Oh, #50. Makes me feel like a damn addict. I have actually had to tell my family, train friends - and even my girlfriend - on multiple occasions that "I can quite buying freight cars!" when they've seen me quietly carting a stack of flats out of a show...

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 19 2014 :  11:32:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
what about me??
I made up some good ones too

51. You watch other kid shows about trains Like Chuggington just to see what cool locos are in there
52. You discover some long forgotten train set in a attic or basement thats worth a small fortune (Lady Lionel)

Edited by - microbusss on May 19 2014 11:50:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - May 20 2014 :  4:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
I can relate to quite a few of them.
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  5:28:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
You may be a serious model railroader if:

1. You have purchased a brass engine when your wife stuck her head in the hobby shop door, and said "I wish you would get that, and come on!"

2. If all your family pictures on vacation were taken in front of some kind of locomotive.

3. If the only reason for not buying a model locomotive, is you are near personal bankruptcy.

4. If you own 78 locomotives and 14 freight cars.

5. If the primary selection for a travel hotel room is the proximity to a railroad line.

6. If you have risked a rattle snake bite to get a picture of an ALCO S2 locomotive.

7. If you add a model railroad locomotive project, when you have 47 projects yet to complete.

8. If you have always preferred locomotive pictures to pictures of sexy women.

9. If your kids and grand kids moan when you drive up and down the rail road line in a strange town.

10. If you have ever suggested that one of your grand kids should have the middle name "Baldwin"

Regards, John *************************************

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. <> Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Edited by - JRG1951 on May 20 2014 5:32:29 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  7:50:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist

I got a special laugh out of this one even though my cars do outnumber my engines.

7. If you add a model railroad locomotive project, when you have 47 projects yet to complete.

Face it: This is all model railroaders.

10. If you have ever suggested that one of your grand kids should have the middle name "Baldwin"

First name Matthias?

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - May 20 2014 :  8:03:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:

I kid you not, this is my real life.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - May 20 2014 :  8:13:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
8a. or you prefer pictures of sexy women WITH the locomotive

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - May 21 2014 :  2:24:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Jerry

I fear your #45 describes my life for the last few years.
quote:
45. Hardly a day goes by without you making progress on planning the layout you're going to build someday.

Regards, John ********************************

The less you know, the more you are paid <> Dilbert
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 21 2014 :  3:25:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

First name Matthias?

Originally posted by scsshaggy - May 20 2014 :  7:50:52 PM

How about Anatole?

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 21 2014 :  10:59:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

How about Anatole?
Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - May 21 2014 :  3:25:39 PM

If the suggested middle name was Mallet, I could go for that.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 21 2014 :  11:51:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

If the suggested middle name was Mallet, I could go for that.

Originally posted by scsshaggy - May 21 2014 : 10:59:09 PM

With the proper Swiss-French pronunciation, of course.

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - May 22 2014 :  02:04:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
The less you know, the more you are paid <> Dilbert

Originally posted by JRG1951 - May 21 2014 :  2:24:49 PM

A mathematical proof:

Knowledge is Power, Time is Money, and Power = Work/Time

Rearrange the equation algebraically:
Time = Work/Power

Substitute:
Money = Work/Knowledge

As Knowledge goes to zero, Money goes to infinity!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  4:45:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
Really feeling the regrets on #32 right now. My carpet is full of little copper springs and I hate my life.
--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - May 22 2014 :  4:51:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
You mean they don't put a little spring in your step?
The Tyco Depot

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - May 22 2014 :  6:50:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
You mean they don't put a little spring in your step?

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - May 22 2014 :  4:51:35 PM

You're gonna pay for that pun...

--CRC

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - May 22 2014 :  8:24:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:

2. If all your family pictures on vacation were taken in front of some kind of locomotive.

Regards, John *************************************

The introduction of so powerful an agent as steam to a carriage on wheels will make a great change in the situation of man. <> Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Originally posted by JRG1951 - May 20 2014 :  5:28:22 PM

I say to my girls: "Just sit and look at the trains..."

It's how I complete my visits with my daughters.

I have many other photo's of them and train stuff.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

babuff
Little Six

AHMLogoAvatar

Posted - June 04 2014 :  4:10:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add babuff to Buddylist
Jerry and John

Guilty as charged to everything

Leo
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 185  ~  Member Since: April 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 30 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 28 2019 :  07:18:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

You know you are a model railroader if you daydream about owning a famous bridge in miniature when you were a child.

This is Public school 122 in Astoria Queens New York which is located one block from a major railroad line.

I was a student there from September of 1969 to June of 1975.

I would pick a desk next to the classroom window to view the trains as they passed by.

I saw many Penn Central freight sets during my time in class while pretending to listen in the classroom.

Also viewed the passenger trains of Penn Central and Amtrak.

I enjoyed going to school there as a child.

I went to nearby Astoria Park to view the trains for hours. Waiting patiently for each one to pass by.

My friends and I would play baseball as the trains passed above us.

The star attraction of the area is Hellgate Bridge above Astoria Park.

Built from 1912 to 1916 and opened to rail traffic in March of 1917.

I would have loved to have a model of this magnificent structure back in the day.

The bridge and trestle played an important role in getting me hooked into the wonderful world of model railroading.

I am sure other children were also interested in model trains because of this bridge and trestle.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - December 28 2019 :  08:47:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
32. This has got to be the most relateable thing ever as it's happening as we speak.
42. I've got 3 hoppers, two ore jennies, two reefers, and three tank cars, all with the same road #.
5. Two rails good.
6. I've got a piece of plywood shorter than an F unit.
9. kay-to
12. (YEAH, DAD!)
16. (For me it's passenger cars, I hate getting passenger cars because you need at least two.)
31. (But it's my mother)
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 28 2019 :  09:54:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

[quote]You may be a serious model railroader if:

8. If you have always preferred locomotive pictures to pictures of sexy women.

The lady or the train?

Hard to choose.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 28 2019 :  12:19:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Excellent!!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 28 2019 :  12:29:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey, wks!
Lionel did make the Hell Gate Bridge
might look odd with HO trains

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 28 2019 :  4:04:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Saw the O scale Lionel model decades ago Ben.
MTH trains also made a similar O scale model.

I saw them at Trainland in Lynbrook New York.
Another place that increased my interest in trains.

Not mine just a photo from the internet.
Maybe one day there will be a HO model.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 28 2019 :  8:02:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Saw the O scale Lionel model decades ago Ben.
MTH trains also made a similar O scale model.

I saw them at Trainland in Lynbrook New York.
Another place that increased my interest in trains.

Not mine just a photo from the internet.
Maybe one day there will be a HO model.

Originally posted by wks - December 28 2019 :  4:04:29 PM

yep true
don't think it'd look too bad with HO scale trains running on it
how much was it?

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 29 2019 :  01:21:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Was going for over one hundred dollars back in the day Ben.
Currently sold out but are available on eBay for a similar price.

There was a steam engine on the trestle near the Hellgate Bridge.
Photo taken on May 30 1964 before the engine appeared at the World's Fair.

http://www.trainsarefun.com/lirr/lirrworldfair/lirrworldfair.htm#1964%20World's%20Fair

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - October 15 2020 :  11:33:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
quote:

just getting into the hobby again
I did a buy-it-now for track, two engines, and one caboose, and power pack
it should arrive before the other auction of flatcars shows up
I really don't think i should qualify for this tho
I can stop at any time
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - October 15 2020 :  11:58:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
its not a matter of how many locos you have,its about the fun you get from what you have ken
catfordken
if you cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel,try turning around
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - October 15 2020 :  3:16:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
lots of these don't apply to me because I'm 13 but some do.

5. yes ho but I respect other scales

6. yes

9. no but i say kah-to

11. yes

16. yes

19. no its always the same crash scene and they are postwar not tinplate

20. My grandma's

24. I would If there were any modern train companies that I could afford

27. just the how long did this take

30. it does bug me a little

31. my mom

32. so many times then I do it again

37. I don't really care too much about that but my grandpa did get me a bachmann F.R.E.D but I don't have any modern locos or rolling stock to use it with

38. yes!

41. hobby lobby I look every time but all they ever have is scenery which I already have and bachmann starter sets

42. Im a 13 year old who collects and runs mainly vintage trains I don't really care

46. yes but with ho tracks before I had a layout and was just getting into the hobby

47. I've met serious model railroaders at train shows and I've been nervous to tell them that I like tyco and stuff because I want them to like me

48. yes

49. yes but a 1/87 car kit would be tiny and hard to display if you were not a model railroader n scale would be even worse I think I have a car kit that is pretty close to o scale

Edited by - Erik The Train Nerd on October 15 2020 3:38:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Voxhumana2000
Switcher

Tari

Posted - November 15 2021 :  5:05:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Voxhumana2000 to Buddylist
you might be a model railroader if you've spent hours relettering all your trains to one name you made up
Hey look, buddy. I'm an engineer — that means I solve problems.
Not problems like 'What is beauty?' because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.
I solve practical problems.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 9  ~  Member Since: November 15 2021  ~  Last Visit: December 13 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 16 2021 :  12:59:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Guilty as charged! RP, would you care to share with the class?

You might be a model railroader if you've ever gone to the ER with a knuckle spring
stuck in your eye.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Voxhumana2000
Switcher

Tari

Posted - November 17 2021 :  09:00:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Voxhumana2000 to Buddylist
Chops, im guessing there's a story behind that?
Not problems like 'What is beauty?' because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 9  ~  Member Since: November 15 2021  ~  Last Visit: December 13 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 17 2021 :  9:07:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
LOL, I never read thru the full list before until now, but I felt #6 and #27 the most, as all of the layouts I've built myself have started on plywood, and I have quite a few good friends who are clueless when it comes to model trains, so talking to them about the subject is like speaking a foreign language.

You know you are a model railroader if when you see another locomotive model, you envision it in your custom railroad's scheme.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 18 2021 :  12:35:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
No, no particular story, Vox. I tried to get with the Kadee craze
and gave up after the first half dozen springs flew into the ether,
never to be seen again. I can only imagine a few have landed
in someone's eye.

Paint the world in EVRR, RP!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 18 2021 :  09:25:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh I forgot one!

you own 3 freight cars but 1000s of locos

Voxhumana2000
Switcher

Tari

Posted - November 18 2021 :  11:56:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Voxhumana2000 to Buddylist
guilty as charged,

you might be a model railroader if you've taken a sick day from work to tinker

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 18 2021 :  10:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 19 2021 :  4:15:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
OR 3 locos & 1000s of freight cars
  Previous Topic: In Memorium Topic Next Topic: PRR + NY Central = One big mess  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000