Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 PRR + NY Central = One big mess
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: You know you''re a model railroader if . . . Topic Next Topic: Ignorant, and rude model railroaders
Page: of 2

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - April 04 2014 :  2:07:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
I love Pennslyvania and Penn Central because of the GG1's. So when I was doing research I came across this video, WOW I did not know that Penn Central was this big of a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHmyYqfNYnc
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator 

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - April 04 2014 :  3:42:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
NYC thought of itself as a transportation company and the PRR thought of itself as a railroad. PRR used outdated methods, NYC was a faceless corporation. Neither side was willing to give up what was theirs.
There was a story that NYC was looking to get it's hands into B&O. B&O freaked out, knowing that whatever NYC gets looses its identity and individuality. So, they went to C&O for help, since C&O wouldn't bother too much with B&O's identity.
How PRR and NYC ever thought PC was going to work is beyond me. They all must've been on some strong stupid pills.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 04 2014 :  4:10:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yeah The merger didn't last long 5 years or so
But still gotta admit it had a neat scheme & a neat history
I did like the PC logos
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - April 04 2014 :  4:23:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
My dad worked as a dispatcher for NYC, then PC, and finally retired from Conrail. I remember a quote I heard a lot of during the PC days: "that's no way to run a railroad!"
http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 04 2014 :  4:56:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Man, Penn Central really was screwed up back in the day. No wonders they were desperate for money.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - April 04 2014 :  5:34:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
It was a depressing time. Trackage was in terrible shape and maintenance was nonexistent. Some GG1's were hauling Amtrak express trains, while others in faded grimy PC black hauled freight or what appeared to be scrap trains. They looked tired and sad compared to our neatly painted models.
The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 04 2014 :  6:33:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Alaso the merger was dumb to begin with since both NYC & PRR paralelled each other in lots of places
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 04 2014 :  7:01:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
It was a depressing time. Trackage was in terrible shape and maintenance was nonexistent. Some GG1's were hauling Amtrak express trains, while others in faded grimy PC black hauled freight or what appeared to be scrap trains. They looked tired and sad compared to our neatly painted models.

Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - April 04 2014 :  5:34:21 PM

Ya, I've noticed that. It seems trains in the 70s and 80s were not very well taken care of at all.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - April 04 2014 :  8:46:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I knew it got bad, but not that bad! I would resign and go work for a better off railway.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - April 04 2014 :  9:24:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
I knew it got bad, but not that bad! I would resign and go work for a better off railway.

Originally posted by Redneck Justin - April 04 2014 :  8:46:17 PM

Keep in mind the video was made to show PC in the worst possible light. I don't dispute things were in sorry shape - that's a fact - and I sure heard all my dad had to say from his experience firsthand, but this is the worst of the worst.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - April 04 2014 :  11:45:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
The late sixties and the seventies were not good times for any of the railroads. The Penn Central bankruptcy was the worst for any business up until that time. They lost over 400 Million {2 Billion in today's cash} in the first three years. One customer complained that he needed a boxcar to ship his furniture in. Two weeks later he got a box car, but it still had the furniture that was shipped by his company four weeks earlier.

Regards, John *****************************

Sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make. <> Donald Trump
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - April 05 2014 :  12:25:47 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I know the pre-Chessie System had hard times and Milwaukee never made it to far. I think SOO and CP folded Milw. into each other? Then the 3 or 4 RR's turned into BN.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2014 :  02:04:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Penn Central Blues. I heard stories about entire trains getting lost and found hundreds of miles off terminus. PC was the Pickett's Charge of the rail industry. But oh how I love this shattered train of fools.

JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2014 :  02:08:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

"The passengers will please refrain, this train has to go down in railroad blues.
Good morning America, don'tcha know my name? I'm the City of New Orleans, and I am going down in railroad fame..."

My phraseology may be a bit battered, please feel free to set the record, the lyrics, straight.

JMcNeal
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2014 :  02:15:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Come out come out and show us your PC blues. Hey, she went down fighting, right?

In the end, the PC was notorious for lashing sw7's to the head end of a F unit trailed by a reversed U Boat! Am I wrong? Show us your zaniest power lash up PC style in both freight and passenger, in both real and in model versions!

I double dog dare you all!!!

JMcNeal

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2014 :  02:16:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Come out come out and show us your PC blues. Hey, she went down fighting, right?

In the end, the PC was notorious for lashing sw7's to the head end of a F unit trailed by a reversed U Boat! Am I wrong? Show us your zaniest power lash up PC style in both freight and passenger, in both real and in model versions!

I double dog dare you all!!!

JMcNeal

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - April 05 2014 :  5:44:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Merger mania started in the 1950s, originally NYC wanted to go with the C&O and the PRR and N&W would combine.

But because of the ICC and government regulation, plus a recession in 1958, what ended up was NYC plus PRR - bad because they were rivals, bad because in a lot of places they had parallel routes, and bad because the ICC then wouldn't let them rationalize the duplicate routes.

It's interesting that it took Conrail and the bending/changing of the rules to make them profitable enough that CSX and NS came in and essentially made the 1958 merger plans come to fruition 40 years later. For the most part CSX got the NYC and NS the PRR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 05 2014 :  10:16:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I know the pre-Chessie System had hard times and Milwaukee never made it to far. I think SOO and CP folded Milw. into each other? Then the 3 or 4 RR's turned into BN.
Originally posted by Redneck Justin - April 05 2014 :  12:25:47 AM

it was FOUR railroads that became BN: CB&Q, GN, SP&S & NP Frisco joined in 198o
C&S joined in 1981 but its been part of CB&Q since 1908
Which is why you'd see C&S on BN & CB&Q locos & the high bridge in Cheyenne has C&S still on it!!
My opinion on the 1980 bankruptcy of Milwaukee Road is BN mega merger was the cause
Don't forget Rock Island "crumbled" in 1980 too

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 07 2014 :  12:28:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Penn Central still played an important part in American railroad history by operating freight
and passenger service to the best of its ability. It was created to keep service intact
while waiting for better days. Those days arrived and service improved. Also, model fans liked
the attractive green paint scheme it came up with. It's legacy is part mess and success.
Gone but never forgotten.

Edited by - wks on April 07 2014 01:26:44 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - April 07 2014 :  11:00:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
Richard,
It is not beneficial to revise history. The Penn Central debacle was a unique combination of incompetent management, out of control unions, and government regulations. The result was a unmitigated disaster. Con Rail was only better because the company could be bailed out with tax money.

Regards, John ***************************

Radical changes in world politics leave America with a heightened responsibility to be, for the world, an example of a genuinely free, democratic, just and humane society. <> Pope John Paul II

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - April 07 2014 :  12:48:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Chessie was just the consolidation of C&O, B&O and Western Maryland; they were doing reasonably well in the 1950s and 1960s. That's why the NYC wanted to merge with them in 1958.

Another part of Penn Central's problem was they were forced to take in the New Haven and run all kinds of money-losing commuter trains.

The Milwaukee Road was affected by merger mania, too, they more or less let the maintenance go in an attempt to merge with the CN&W, then demanded to be included in BN, neither of which worked out and the concentration on this instead of on running the railroad, wrecked it, as first they scrapped the electrification for the cash, then abandoned the entire western extension, only in the end to be bought out by Soo Line.

Rock Island was in a similar position; it's merger with UP wasn't allowed to happen and it eventually fell apart, to have the pieces picked up by various other roads. That combined with the ICG shedding extra routes resulted in the SP reaching Chicago, before becoming part of UP.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - April 08 2014 :  12:36:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
Con Rail was only better because the company could be bailed out with tax money.

Originally posted by JRG1951 - April 07 2014 :  11:00:51 AM

The irony is that in creating Con Rail from the wreckage of northeastern railroading, the federal government implemented the route consolidations, service cutbacks, etc., that it prohibited the private railroads from doing, in order to make the system viable. (Can you say "hypocritical?")

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 08 2014 :  10:15:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Rock Island was in a similar position; it's merger with UP wasn't allowed to happen and it eventually fell apart, to have the pieces picked up by various other roads.
Originally posted by lvrr325 - April 07 2014 :  12:48:55 PM

True but in a bizzare twist UP ended up owning moar RI than ever

Edited by - microbusss on April 08 2014 10:16:29 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 16 2020 :  7:28:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Not model trains but a treasure trove of Jade Green.

Can watch these for hours from the comfort of your home.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 16 2020 :  8:13:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

PRR + NY Central = One big zest!

Still a favorite with many railfans around the globe.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 18 2020 :  12:28:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some nice photos of a misunderstood railroad from the internet.

A little paint goes a long way. Not my photos.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 18 2020 :  11:54:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
BNSF has repainted the high bridge in West Cheyenne now!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 25 2020 :  3:09:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some interesting Penn Central videos and its predecessor PRR.

For those long days and nights with nothing to do. Not my videos.

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - February 26 2020 :  7:15:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
When the PC declared bankruptcy, it was the biggest one in the history of this country at the time. It took Conrail a decade to report a profit. The one thing that helped kill PC is the fact the railroad spent more time and money in other business ventures and investments. Never paid much mind for the railroad until it was too late. The biggest fault was that 2 bankrupt railroads merged together and tried to stay alive.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 27 2020 :  05:43:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I watched them all. A very interesting array of lash ups
and rolling stock . Although only a few decades ago, it
feels like a millennium.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 29 2020 :  7:35:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Before and after pics of a heritage unit. Not my photos.

Kind of reflects the look of the PC units in the early 1970s after they worked up a sweat of miles running.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 29 2020 :  7:51:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Before and after pics of a heritage unit. Not my photos.

Kind of reflects the look of the PC units in the early 1970s after they worked up a sweat of miles running.

Originally posted by wks - February 29 2020 :  7:35:06 PM

yeah I agree
with today's decals I wonder if a red P or C would hold up under weather conditions
cause PC used paint then & it would quite often fade to a pinkish-red color

Edited by - microbusss on February 29 2020 7:52:02 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 29 2020 :  8:31:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 19 2020 :  12:15:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

The colors would certainly come in handy late at night.
Florescent safety procedures to reduce crossing accidents.
Little hard on the eyes though.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 05 2020 :  8:35:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I videotaped my Penn Central set in action today.

Reminds me of the troubles Penn Central had back in the day.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 05 2020 :  9:06:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Always great to see vintage trains at work, especially my favorite, the PC, in Tyco. Fine looking and running
consist, there WKS. I'm going to repost one of my early videos, "PC Expresso." One of my first
passenger coaches was a Tyco obs coach. Loved it then, love it now.

https://youtu.be/kbpTeRFVGIk

and another, "PC Kinda Mood."

https://youtu.be/OrargBXfhIg

You spurred an idea for a new video, WKS, thank you for posting.

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - April 06 2020 :  07:44:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
Now that is something, I'm not sure what kind of thing, but it definitely is something!
Hmm ...
Ya know ...
That color is not overly far from what one would apply Illinois Terminal decals over ...

quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - February 29 2020 :  8:31:57 PM

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2020 :  09:58:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
After seeing WKS pleasant little video of a vintage Tyco PC
train, I stayed up most the night doing this:

https://youtu.be/w7SgMclBaoM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 06 2020 :  10:54:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Another excellent video Jeff. Well worth the wait.
Some photos of my Penn Central equipment.

Tyco classic model trains are great.
Some call Penn Central a colossal mess.
We proudly call Penn Central a thankful bless.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 06 2020 :  11:40:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Two of several reasons the PC might be worth liking:

1. it was the railroad of my youth.

2. At the time of the merger, every effort was made to not do mass layoffs.
Whether this was the Union or, less likely, the kindness of management, it
struggled to maintain the livelihoods of many people. In today's age,
a merger typically ends up with many people dumped on the street and left
to figure it out.

https://youtu.be/sVSLTqhSb4w

Edited by - Chops124 on April 06 2020 11:47:39 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 11 2020 :  05:49:36 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Some videos from the internet that would interest Penn Central fans.

Check out Ralph's other videos. His work is remarkable and enjoyable to watch.
The fourth video has a link to his layout and his friends layouts with detailed scenery.

Classic commercial from 1969 which was taken on the River Line next to the Hudson River in New York.
Tunnel shot in Kingston and last part of the video with the caboose at Bear Mountain.
The video appears to cross sell both the automobile and the railroad at the same time.

Edited by - wks on April 11 2020 06:00:23 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 11 2020 :  06:12:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A video which shows an alternate reality which could be set in 2020.

If Penn Central had survived it would be great to watch all the various equipment.
Equipment from two classic railroad companies.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 11 2020 :  08:01:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Some of the best model rail films ever. Was that Plymouth
Auto Train advert for real? The narrator’s voice over was perfect-
“apparently the New York Central arm rests were better...”
Where did you find this??

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 24 2020 :  5:48:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some cool videos I found on the internet.

Model train layout showing a Penn Central buddy. The New Haven.

Next on the list is the prototypes on parade.

Transition time from Penn Central to Conrail.

Transition fun back in calmer times. Some people look at the depressing news. Others like us look at cool train videos.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 25 2020 :  12:11:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Very interesting videos. I didn't know about the heavy piggy back service,
for one thing. Interesting lash ups from many roads.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 17 2020 :  5:08:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

My friend Jeff is at it again.

Drives his wife batty.

southwestforests
Switcher

RockIslandAvatar

Posted - May 17 2020 :  9:52:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add southwestforests to Buddylist
While talking Penn Central, dig the Chicago brakeman, or maybe conductor's 1978 bell bottom jeans!
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/736439/

“There are a thousand things that can happen when you go light a rocket engine, and only one of them is good.” — Tom Mueller, SpaceX, 2012
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 94  ~  Member Since: May 23 2017  ~  Last Visit: May 26 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - May 18 2020 :  08:21:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
While talking Penn Central, dig the Chicago brakeman, or maybe conductor's 1978 bell bottom jeans!
https://www.railpictures.net/photo/736439/

Originally posted by southwestforests - May 17 2020 :  9:52:29 PM

That's hilarious!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 31 2020 :  09:59:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Cool mint Penn Central models are still out there to be found.

Bought at a New Jersey train store early this year.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 31 2020 :  1:56:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A truly remarkable set, also that a box car was added to the mix, truly
inspired!

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 31 2020 :  5:30:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
*drools*
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: You know you''re a model railroader if . . . Topic Next Topic: Ignorant, and rude model railroaders  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000