Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Identification Station
 wooden tugboat HO scale?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Interesting Car? Topic Next Topic: HO Passenger Set ID ?  

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - March 17 2014 :  9:46:29 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
I just bought this at a train show. It's a tugboat and it appears to be from some kind of kit.
It's all wood construction. Was wondering who marketed this. It appears to be close to HO scale.
The design is very similar to the NYC carfloat tug.

Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator 

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 18 2014 :  01:45:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
Campbell perhaps?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - March 18 2014 :  10:52:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
Sounds like a good guess to me. I'll check it out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

LGLrr845
Big Six

MantuaAvatar

Posted - March 18 2014 :  11:04:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add LGLrr845 to Buddylist
My dad also suggests Strombecker. It's a bit of a stretch though.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 239  ~  Member Since: September 17 2012  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - March 18 2014 :  11:11:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
I did some digging with y'all's suggestions and eventually I found this. It's on ebay right now.
Mamoli waterline kit, Taurus. It was listed as "tug" , not "tugboat". I guess that's why I didn't see it earlier. The description fits what I have. Ages of Sail sells it for $90.00

Edited by - NC shortlines on March 18 2014 11:18:05 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mwbauers
Switcher

Posted - May 16 2014 :  10:08:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mwbauers to Buddylist
quote:
I just bought this at a train show. It's a tugboat and it appears to be from some kind of kit.
It's all wood construction. Was wondering who marketed this. It appears to be close to HO scale.
The design is very similar to the NYC carfloat tug.

Originally posted by NC shortlines - March 17 2014 :  9:46:29 PM

We are forgetting that there have been some rather good articles on scratch-building HO tugboats in the past.

This model looks very much like the one E.L.Moore wrote up with detailed drawings of how to make the fittings for the model.

I have that article kicking around the house, and presently hiding from me..

If you seek out the article from the model magazine index, you can get a copy of it from the NMRA library for 50-cents a page, as I last knew. It's a 6-8 page article from which you will be able to make the missing fittings for the model.

Best to Ya,
Mike Bauers
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1  ~  Member Since: May 16 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 19 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 15 2021 :  11:12:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Good ideas for those modeling sea scenes. Need a bigger layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5845  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Interesting Car? Topic Next Topic: HO Passenger Set ID ?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000