Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Train show and flea market and other finds.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video
Page: of 21

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 14 2020 :  10:21:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

I bought some items yesterday in Freeport.
Train show at the Freeport Recreation Center.

Another Maxwell House box car added to the collection.

Originally posted by wks - January 13 2020 :  5:40:01 PM

HEY! I want one!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 14 2020 :  10:43:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

I bought some items yesterday in Freeport.
Train show at the Freeport Recreation Center.

Another Maxwell House box car added to the collection.

Originally posted by wks - January 13 2020 :  5:40:01 PM

HEY! I want one!

Originally posted by microbusss - January 14 2020 :  10:21:03 PM

On ebay quite often....
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 16 2020 :  6:39:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I am sure you will want these items as well Ben.

The infamous car number 12 driven by Snake Oiler from the car acrobatic team.

The infamous car number 11 driven by Captain Terror from the car acrobatic team.

The one and only famous Mach 5 driven by Speed Racer.

Bought these at the Freeport train show as well.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 16 2020 :  7:43:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

The infamous car number 11 driven by Captain Terror from the car acrobatic team.

Originally posted by wks - January 16 2020 :  6:39:16 PM

yeah maybe but I kind of wish someone would make the Mammoth Car
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 19 2020 :  9:25:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

There is this model I saw on the internet Ben.

Made by Lego.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 08 2020 :  5:27:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist

From a antique store yesterday. Got a few cars and some misc items. Can't wait to build the cars.

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 08 2020 :  6:51:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Looks like you got yourself some great finds, Justin. Never heard of Laconia, was able to locate this:

Laconia Industries, Inc. started out in the summer of '39, operating out of Laconia, NH. It's first ad noted that the designer of its kits was the former Chief of Design for the prototype Laconia Car Co.(!) and listed eight freight cars, three passenger cars and a caboose, ranging in price from $1.50 to $2.50 per. In addition, there were three locomotives by Conover-Laconia. The company probably became best known for its series of foil-sided reefers, as well as several rather unique cars (including the Mathieson reefer shown in my post above).

In 1951 the company moved to Stockton, CA, remaining at that address for the remainder of its history. The Laconia line eventually expanded to include 11 reefers, 9 boxcars, 5 flats, 4 hoppers/gons, a caboose and 9 heavyweight passenger cars. In addition, Laconia offered kits for a pair of unique, die cast, 36' Seirra ultra-shorty passenger cars (later to be reproduced by MDC for many years in plastic).

In 1955, Laconia merged with Binkley Models of Inglewood, CA, although the product lines continued to be offered separately. With the increasing popularity of shake-the-box plastic rolling stock kits, both Laconia and Binkley finally withdrew from the marketplace simultaneously in 1962.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 09 2020 :  10:33:25 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
for $5 each you did pretty good
especially for that Mantua car!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 09 2020 :  9:53:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Nice acquisitions. I went to the Greenberg train show today in Secaucus New Jersey.

Not a full house.

N scale module layout.

Bought the Tyco Sanka car for ten dollars.

Stopped at Hoboken New Jersey later to look at stores.
Erie Lackawanna terminal tower and New York City skyline look nice.

Edited by - wks on February 09 2020 10:02:04 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 10 2020 :  08:39:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A recent e-bay acquisition is the HObbyline train set California Zephyr.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 10 2020 :  08:46:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another addition to my trains was aquired at the New Hope trains show yesterday. A unboxes Marx set #16522 with its marx power pack and track is the New Haven small diesel set with a all black Bay Window caboose and diesel. The Northern Pacific GP-7 and brown Virginian coal hopper with load was a separate purchase, all are Marx. The other cars ATSF boxcar, C&O gondola, and Sinclair tank car came with the 16522 set. The all black NH caboose is hard to find and is said to be rare.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 11 2020 04:32:48 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 10 2020 :  09:12:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
At the Secaucus train show last saturday I found two Gilbert PRR cabooses for $1, each. I could not pass that sale up. A really nice red school house and a pair of tank cars painted for a fine food producer.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 10 2020 09:18:44 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 11 2020 :  12:27:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Nice acquisitions to your collection Frank. I bought some items yesterday at the Secaucus show.

I bought a Coca Cola automobile.

Also bought two covered hopper cars by Tyco and AHM.
And PRR coach by Athearn.

Edited by - wks on February 11 2020 12:37:45 AM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 11 2020 :  01:03:14 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Nice 57 delivery, along with the hoppers! Frank got some nice pieces as well...
Edited by - walt on February 11 2020 01:05:11 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 11 2020 :  12:46:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by wks - January 16 2020 :  6:39:16 PM

yeah maybe but I kind of wish someone would make the Mammoth Car

Originally posted by microbusss - January 16 2020 :  7:43:30 PM

Are these Playing Mantis? closer to S scale if so DO have some O scale Mach Fives How was the Freeport Show?
?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 12 2020 :  08:21:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

Jim Thorpe, PA. Actually for us railroaders this is Mauch Chunk. The name Jim Thorpe honors a single american indian who achieved greatness giving glory to us and our country through his physical exploits. The name Mauch Chunk on the other hand is one given to us by those that came before us, the forefathers of Mr Thorpe, his family, and his tribe. Maybe someday the name will be changed back to Mauch Chunk. When you his people you honor him. Here in New Jersey and the north east Indian names fill our maps.
I went to Jim Thorpe with my son for a bicycle ride from White Haven south back to Jim Thorpe along the Lehigh River. After the ride we became tourists and explored the street of old Mauch Chunk. It is quite a place. Like stepping back in time. An enjoyable experience.
frank

Originally posted by Chops124 - November 13 2019 :  7:34:47 PM

[/quote]

toptrain

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 12 2020 :  12:25:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Great place to visit Frank. Scenic beauty all around that wonderful area.
Hope they run the trains next year. They had some problems with the county over back taxes.

Those model auto cars of the Speed Racer series are made by Johnny Lightning Company Mr. Siding.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 12 2020 :  1:25:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Yeah their parent company was Playing Mantis met the guy who founded it he was able to get the Johnny Lightning brand after Topper went under No one renewed the copywright

that was 1993 or so

He then at some point sold it still have his business card somewhere
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - February 12 2020 :  1:28:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
quote:

There is this model I saw on the internet Ben.

Made by Lego.

Originally posted by wks - January 19 2020 :  9:25:50 PM

LEGO Made Speed Racer sets when the film came out in 2008 The Mach Five set is VERY expensive on the secondary market

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 16 2020 :  10:44:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Thought of going to the Wilmington Delaware show today but feeling tired and sleepy.
At least I rested enough. Some videos from last Sunday.

Some nice module sets to see.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 22 2020 :  7:14:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Went today to the allentown Spring Thaw train show met 2 members there, AFkid (pete) and Brianstyco. Not sure is that is the correct name. I seen him at a number of past shows as far back as when his con was young. Then latter in years as a young man. Brian was alone today. I must apologize to both Pete and Brian for cutting both conversations short for I didn't feel very well. Not virus sick just old and aching sick. I find it hard to walk around anymore. I did get another train set and another different box car . All were HObbyline. The Hobbyline set was in a box labels Set # 1, but over stamped #425 "The Hilltopper". Checking the set against the list proved it to be the Hilltopper. UP FM H12 -44, gondola, flat car, box car and UP caboose. here are the pictures. OH and the additional box car was a Rock Island.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on February 22 2020 7:17:09 PM

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - February 22 2020 :  9:42:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Quite a few dealer were blowing stuff out today.....

The Mantua UP aluminum cars I got the two for $35.

The Walthers MoW cars were bought for $30 for all. It will take some effort to repaint then back to the original color.
The two Tyco 4-6-2 Steam engines I got for $45 for both.

These cars were $2 each.

The shells and the Metroliners were $1 each, as were the AHM FM, AHM Yard Switcher and Tyco SF F9.

Because the were $1 each they will be converted to Amtrak passenger cars that are pulled by a ACS-64.

This was $5. It might become a NJT engine, as I have enough small decals to do one more.

I also picked up 4 sets of Microscale NJT decals that have been discontinued.

Nice speaking with Frank and his son today, too!

Edited by - AF Kid on February 22 2020 9:45:01 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 23 2020 :  12:51:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Frank, sorry to hear about your health troubles, that is troubling.

AF kid sounds like you Hoovered up some fine pieces. I look
forward to seeing your Amtrak conversions.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 01 2020 :  7:49:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I went to the Greenberg show near Edison New Jersey.

Several module layouts on display. This one is N scale.

Expo Center where the train show was held.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 01 2020 :  10:06:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from the Expo area.

Freight cars used to deliver products to the nearby companies in this industrial complex.

NJ Transit train at Metuchen station.

PATH subway train at Exchange Place station in Jersey City New Jersey.

Took free ferry boat ride due to track work at World Trade Center station.
View of New York City and the Freedom Tower.

View of Jersey City New Jersey from New York City side.

Hudson River view.

Subway in Astoria Queens New York.

Bought a print of the Blue Comet train at the show.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 02 2020 :  1:14:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Bought some items.

Tyco E unit.

AHM PRR car.

AHM Southern car.

AHM Chicago Alton car.

Life like car.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2020 :  1:42:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
kooool
love the E unit & the Valvoline
got both of those
I think there's 4 or 5 billboard cars like that

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 02 2020 :  8:25:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice finds. I get that Webster Groves is a suburb of St. Louis, Henry W. Grady the editor of the Atlanta Constitution, late 1800's. James Logan a pre-revolutionary war statesman.

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - March 08 2020 :  8:36:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Today's haul from the Mother Seton Cranford NJ show: Sorry no pics today....
5- Walthers NJ Transit Comet II coaches- These were all $25 and NIB.....
2- Walthers NJ Transit Cab Cars (the dealer had 12 total. I let some other guy have the other 5).
1- Walthers MoW boxcar- $5
4- Athearn Boxcars- .50 cents each. 3 out of the 4 were LN.
1- Athearn NIB F7 Rio Grande "B" unit- $2
Not a lot of trains today. There was a lot of RR memorabilia.

Edited by - AF Kid on March 08 2020 8:38:46 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 09 2020 :  08:30:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Pete nice to see you there and good to hear from you. I am pretty sure that Richie ( Wks.) went by my table. He was zoned in and when I called him, he kept going when I got out into the Isle to look for him I couldn't find him. I am certain he'll post something. He was zoned in on the trains on the tables as he went by my table. The show is always noisy with all the talking going on. It is so constant you don't notice it. I hope he had a good day. the show ended at three but i after I put my trains away, I stayed to put away the tables and chairs. I didn't get home till almost 6:30.
Here is my list and photo of the main things.

Finds from Mother Seaton Train show 3-8-20
First the day before I ordered from E-Bay a HObbyline Twin Freight Alco FA-1 set. Photos showed everything there and item text said that it ran very well. I can use it so and Buy it now was offered and I did. So it is #1 on the list
1,HObbyline Twin FA-1’s freight black.
2,Aristo-Craft Frisco Mikado #4013 with original box.
3,Aristo-Craft CNJ #94 0-6-0t Uncle Sam.
4,Two Triang passenger Cars. Baggage and coach.
5,Rivarossi PRR U-25C.
6,Lionel Santa-Fe #0594 with gearing up-grade.
7,Two Hotco box cars Central of Georgia Blimp and Toledo, Peoria, & Western.
8,Old wood reefer car. SFRD 25603 Santa-Fe Chief streamliner
9,Metcalfe PO-207 Warehouse and Mill, a card stock kit new and un-built.
10,Walters old time conveyors 933-3520
11.Central Valley railings and fences.
12, Decals microscale 87-0031 D&H locos and cabooses, 87-360 Erie unit loco’s 2 sets. And some
opened used sets for Eire and PRR.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 12 2020 5:05:22 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 09 2020 :  11:37:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Sorry I did not hear you Frank. I got up late and I was still half asleep.
The two mile walk must have knocked me out more than I thought.
I looked for you and I cannot believe I missed you.
I know my hearing and eyesight are still good.

Then again I got there very late at around 2 pm.
I was looking very quickly at the tables in the two rooms.

I did enjoy myself and bought some items.
Also railfanned NJ Transit and Norfolk Southern afterwards.

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 12 2020 :  04:43:18 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist

Altoona Train Show, this past Sunday (3/8/20). I haven't been on here in a while, but I thought to stop by this evening and see what y'all have been up to. Realized I had taken a picture of my haul from this weekend's show to send to a friend, and so I figured why not post it here too. Some real interesting stuff, almost all of which came from my good friend Paul Karichner, who found a huge lot of old 40s-50s cars last week and brought it just for me to dig through

- Athearn bay window cab, B&LE (custom painted). A hard roadname to find on any caboose, and I needed one for my Bessemer F units.
- Mantua brass old-timer combine, new in box. Well, I thought it was new in box. The floor is missing. If anyone has one, please advise. I haven't actually BUILT one of these even though I have four of em!
- Silver Streak Reading steel caboose. The rarest of Silver Streak kits, this is the second one I've seen, and the first with its box and instructions. Plastic version.
- Strombecker tender. Another friend of mine snuck up behind me, handed this to me and left without a word. He does that.
- A damaged set of cars for a Strombecker Rock Island Rocket. Paul put this in my box because he didn't want to take them home. I didn't either--I have three of these already and have no need to restore another. He knows this...

- Varney "wood" reefer, Old Dutch Cleanser.
- Strombecker reefer, ATSF. Someone had originally built it as an operating model, but the trucks are long gone.
- Homemade bobber caboose. A classic example of late-depression-era modeling: someone evidently couldn't get a Mantua bobber, so they sliced and diced and carved and made one out of BALSA, and glued on prewar Walthers passenger car steps. The journals are all cut from a single Varney prewar express truck and glued on!
- Varney prewar paper side reefer, Country Club.
- Athearn metal 50' auto box, MKT. Zinc rot hit this one hard, but it was free. Probably a parts car.
- The bagged kit is a Menzies issue of the Athearn 40' metal boxcar, in B&O Sentinel. Also a gift from the guy who snuck up on me. I have weird friends.

- Shell Chemical tank. Prewar, paper sides. The jury is still out on who made this one--not sure if Megow or Bathgate. I already have the same car, and a second one isn't making it any easier to tell!
- Varney prewar embossed-aluminum panel side hopper, custom painted PRR. These kits were AWFUL
- Silver Streak UP caboose. Nicely built with custom interior lighting, got it to go with a set of Globe F's.
- Carcass of a Silver Streak 36' boxcar. Dunno what to do with this yet.
- Roundhouse MP caboose, original box, no trucks. Another freebie.

- Strombecker C&O hopper. These were Strombecker's final HO-sized train kit.
- Athearn metal tanker, Mobilgas. Not a trace of zinc rot--a remarkable survivor and well worth $3!
- Roundhouse metal round roof boxcar, PRR.

- The HOLY GRAIL of Varney card side boxcars: the C&EI War Bonds boxcar. There's a substantial story to this car and that's going in its own post shortly.
- Varney card side boxcar, Rock Island.
- Athearn metal tanker, Co-op.
- AHM covered hopper in plain grey NAHX. Not a factory roadname afaik, but looks factory painted? Only bought it to figure that out.

- Roundhouse metal stock car, PRR. A surprisingly accurate car.
- Varney prewar plastic stock car, T&P. This is NOT the usual Varney prewar stock car--compare it to one of those and the sides are not the same pattern or dimensions. I believe this may be an example of their original stock car in tenite plastic, which warped and disintegrated with such consistency that survivors aren't really known to exist. No idea how this one made it 80+ years in one piece. First one I've ever seen.
- Varney card side boxcar, PRR X31.
- Original metal Varney Docksider. For all my 2500 freight cars and 200 locomotives, I've never actually owned a friggin Docksider and I figured it was high time to get a nice original one.
- A 1920s Lionel rheostat that got left behind after the show. No idea what I'll do with it.

- A pair of prewar-production Laconia quad hoppers, one PRR with card sides instead of foil (very rare) and one with foil sides custom painted Reading, with the latter riding on early Lockhart-style trucks.
- 1940s Walthers 40' flatcar, no roadname. Another uncommon survivor.
- Mantua 40' card side gon, CofG.
- Another Varney cast F unit with the first-gen gear drive (with the one huge gear), to either repaint or repower another unit.

- The box of passenger cars are all prewar Blue Line cars, except the top one which is a painted-over Kasiner streamliner with some gnarly corrosion. Don't know a ton about these cars yet, but the Central Valley trucks are a bonus.

This is also the first train show I've brought a date to, and she even--horror of horrors, I know--ENJOYED the train show! Some potential improvements in my life may be coming up...

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 12 2020 :  6:33:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Quite the harvest, Frank. I'd like to see that cast F unit.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 14 2020 :  12:06:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
good haul, Frank & that might be the LAST train show for a while

Also Metroliners I wants!

EDIT #2: I forgot to mention that when & if I go to train shows I like to look for made up railroad names or club railroad names
Gotta wonder what the model railroad was like in the past

Edited by - microbusss on March 14 2020 12:28:24 PM

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 28 2020 :  8:33:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I spotted this pair at Value Village today. They had $50 on the shark, and I think $20 on the Alco. Both looked to be in nice shape, but I don't need more of them.

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 28 2020 :  9:07:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Those are awesome!

Say, DaCheez, is there any way you could pick those up for me? I'll pay for total cost plus shipping to the US.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 28 2020 :  10:15:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
If they're still there next time, I can grab them for you.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 28 2020 :  11:15:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey I didn't post my Covid Quarantine garage sale find

$30 from $50

Ok I did post it in SOTW but not in here

one from a recent garage sale

need the one with the silver top
my old one shattered

Edited by - microbusss on June 28 2020 11:19:10 PM

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 29 2020 :  09:06:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
I spotted this pair at Value Village today. They had $50 on the shark, and I think $20 on the Alco. Both looked to be in nice shape, but I don't need more of them.

Originally posted by DaCheez - June 28 2020 :  8:33:35 PM

Those are in nice shape, although I can see the shark is missing a truck cover. Nevertheless those prices are OUTRAGEOUS!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 29 2020 :  09:35:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice finds, buss! Congrats!

Alex, Both prices are pretty decent, although not extreme deals. However, they are quite rare, at least in the US, and both easily fetch that price here, if not more. Trust me.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Edited by - RP model railroads on June 29 2020 09:36:58 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kristofer4301
Hudson

meirl

Posted - June 29 2020 :  10:30:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kristofer4301 to Buddylist
I would have picked up both of those for that. You can get $100+ for the shark in the US easily.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 412  ~  Member Since: October 23 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 12 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 29 2020 :  11:15:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by DaCheez - June 28 2020 :  8:33:35 PM

Those are in nice shape, although I can see the shark is missing a truck cover. Nevertheless those prices are OUTRAGEOUS!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 29 2020 :  09:06:07 AM

OR the Shark front truck got replaced with a black one instead

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - June 29 2020 :  12:43:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
They're not completely unreasonable prices. I know on ebay the shark as gone for over $50. It just wasn't worth it to me when I already have an example of each.
Edited by - DaCheez on June 29 2020 12:44:36 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 29 2020 :  1:23:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

2- Cotton belt hoppers
4- Missouri Pacific hoppers
2 TP&W bow cars
1 B&M box car.

Here is a ebay group of HObbyline freight cars from 1956. No kits here only ready to run. It should arrive early next month.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 29 2020 :  2:09:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Hey, Da Cheez, I've been trying to get that Shark for about 7 or 8
years now. I spoke to Allison at Value Village and she is going to
set it aside for me. Since I live about 3,000 miles away, any
chance you can pick it up for me and send it? I will remit all
costs by PayPal to you in advance. They tell me they don't
ship.

I've got a spare MP chassis waiting for it. The PT motors aren't
worth diddly.

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 29 2020 :  2:48:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
Hey, Da Cheez, I've been trying to get that Shark for about 7 or 8
years now. I spoke to Allison at Value Village and she is going to
set it aside for me. Since I live about 3,000 miles away, any
chance you can pick it up for me and send it? I will remit all
costs by PayPal to you in advance. They tell me they don't
ship.

I've got a spare MP chassis waiting for it. The PT motors aren't
worth diddly.

Originally posted by Chops124 - June 29 2020 :  2:09:43 PM

Oh, ok. I didnt know they were rare in the US. Looks like chops beat you to it RP!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 29 2020 :  5:04:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Oh, ok. I didnt know they were rare in the US. Looks like chops beat you to it RP!

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 29 2020 :  2:48:49 PM

ANYTHING from Canada is rare as heck in USA
Canadiana units & the boxcar!

or the 2 CP Rail semi trucks by Majorette is as well!
I do want!

even getting any Canada Railways models that is exclusive to Canada too

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - June 29 2020 :  5:18:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by BlaxlandAlex3 - June 29 2020 :  2:48:49 PM

ANYTHING from Canada is rare as heck in USA
Canadiana units & the boxcar!

or the 2 CP Rail semi trucks by Majorette is as well!
I do want!

even getting any Canada Railways models that is exclusive to Canada too

Originally posted by microbusss - June 29 2020 :  5:04:17 PM

I'm a dummy! :P

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 29 2020 :  7:42:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I'm not sure, but I think RP already has this Shark, might be wrong.
In any event getting it OUT of Canada is going to be a trick as the
store doesn't ship.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 29 2020 :  9:36:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
I'm not sure, but I think RP already has this Shark, might be wrong.
In any event getting it OUT of Canada is going to be a trick as the
store doesn't ship.

Originally posted by Chops124-June 29 2020: 7:42:33 PM

No, I have neither of them, and I did already ask DaCheez, but since you, Chops, have already placed a hold on them officially, I understand. Enjoy.

Edited by - RP model railroads on June 29 2020 9:37:42 PM
Page: of 21 Previous Topic: Tour the Mantua factory in 1948 Topic Next Topic: crazy but cool video  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000