Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 32 ]  [ Total: 32 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 please, show me your canadianas
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A Heritage E8! OMG!!! Topic Next Topic: just thought you guys might like these video''s  

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 03 2013 :  4:03:44 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
here is mine so far. i bought the loco off ebay last year, and it didnt run. a friend was able to fix it using parts off another loco i bought in canada for $2.50, and then i scored the caboose last week for $5!

Edited by - sunhuntin on December 20 2013 4:13:16 PM
 Country: New Zealand  ~  Posts: 44  ~  Member Since: December 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 21 2016 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 03 2013 :  4:31:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Don't forget There was a Canadiana boxcar too!
http://tycotrain.tripod.com/freightcars/id16.html
Do gotta find these 3 someday

Edited by - microbusss on December 03 2013 4:32:19 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 03 2013 :  5:42:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
yes, im hoping to get a few of the box car, just waiting for the right prices to come up. theres a filthy one on ebay at the moment for not a bad price, but the shipping is over $30 to send down here, which is too much IMHO.

i was pleased to get the caboose as they dont often come up. i got that and a badly scuffed clementine caboose in the same lot for $5. just needed to replace the chimney on the canadiana. clementine is missing chimney, wheels, a coupler and all the railings on the ends.

did the loco originally come with grab rails? the nose sticker on mine is a replacement, as it was missing. not the same shape, but looks better than not having one.
 Country: New Zealand  ~  Posts: 44  ~  Member Since: December 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 21 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 03 2013 :  6:16:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I have always liked these Tyco Canadianas esp the colorful box car. But all the pieces are very nice looking...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 03 2013 :  11:33:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Here's one I picked up in Amish country, PA a few years ago, a CP F unit. Rather dirty, but it was cheap. :)

Jerry

That the boxcar you're talking about?

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 03 2013 :  11:59:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
That's the one I was speaking of, Jerry...it's one of remaining 4 or 5 Tyco cars I may buy in the future...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 04 2013 :  12:48:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
First off, welcome to the forum! Here are a few of my Canadiana pieces...

Eric
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 04 2013 :  01:10:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
hi eric, nice set up! did the handrails came with them, or are they ones you put on? the locos look good, better than without.

walt, the boxcars are neat. hoping to add a few of those to mine.

jerry, nice CP loco.
 Country: New Zealand  ~  Posts: 44  ~  Member Since: December 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 21 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - December 04 2013 :  07:57:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Here's another engine, a CN Shark, not a Canadiana, though. Made by ROCO, very pristine, I bought it because I was/am collecting sharks as I find them. Haven't tried to run it yet, may do so this morning. I still haven't found the Canadiana Shark as of yet. But it IS on my list to acquire as well.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 04 2013 :  10:25:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
my customized bowser,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 04 2013 :  10:09:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
hi eric, nice set up! did the handrails came with them, or are they ones you put on? the locos look good, better than without.

Thanks, I think they look better with handrails as well The engines in the picture both had handrails installed when I bought them...whether or not they came factory equipped, I don't know. I also have two Canadiana C430s without handrails. Tyco stopped including the handrails sometime in the late 1970's, so depending on when the engines were made they may have come both ways.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - December 04 2013 :  10:49:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
Jerry.... The CP F9 is one of the harder to find variations.
Your CP has the engine # at the rear of the shell.
The other CP Red Box variation has the engine # under the front cab.

[

I would post a pic of the Canadiana Shark I have, but it is in storage...
I found it on Ebay as a listing mistake, The seller thought it was mfg'd by AHM as it was in an AHM box (for $27). It is NIB but in the wrong box

Edited by - AF Kid on December 06 2013 2:45:10 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 05 2013 :  4:25:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
jerry, i like the look of your shark. havent seen many that shape. thanks

that little steamer is very sweet. always prefer steam engines myself, but somehow ended up with only one in my collection, the rest of my locos are diesels.

af kid, that was a lucky find!!

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 05 2013 :  9:55:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Since it hasn't yet made an appearance in this thread, here is Tyco's Canadiana shark.

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - December 06 2013 :  2:38:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
That is a nice engine.... Do you find a lot of the Tyco Canadiana engines on your side of the border...???
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Switcher

ErieAvatar

Posted - December 06 2013 :  3:15:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add 12444 to Buddylist
My Bachmann HO scale EMD SD40-2: I bought it at a train show in April of this year. It's DCC equipped from the factory and it runs and looks excellent running on the layout at the model railroad club I go to. I just became a new member Wednesday.
I'm home schooled, I love to work on cars and anything with an engine and wheels, I love model RR'ing, and listening to Dire Straits.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 43  ~  Member Since: November 19 2013  ~  Last Visit: May 30 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - December 06 2013 :  3:37:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Very Nice Shark, Eric !

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - December 08 2013 :  6:42:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Thanks Walt!

quote:
AF Kid Posted - December 06 2013 : 2:38:01 PM
That is a nice engine.... Do you find a lot of the Tyco Canadiana engines on your side of the border...???

In the past ten years I've seen maybe four of the Alcos at shows. The caboose and boxcar aren't much easier to find. I've never seen another shark...the one I have came from GiC down in Kentucky, although he bought it off ebay, so its origins are anyone's guess.

It is definitely easier to hunt for Tyco's Canadian items up here than it is their American releases. If it wasn't for ebay my streamliner collection would be nothing but Canadian National.

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 09 2013 :  10:00:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
that shark looks good. wouldnt mind getting one eventually, just to have one of each. :)

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 11 2013 :  4:01:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
just won a boxed canadiana boxcar on ebay for $4 and change. pleased as punch, as i expected more of a fight for it.

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - December 11 2013 :  9:28:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry.... The CP F9 is one of the harder to find variations.
Your CP has the engine # at the rear of the shell.
The other CP Red Box variation has the engine # under the front cab.

[

Originally posted by AF Kid - December 04 2013 :  10:49:44 PM

Apparently, there's a Left side and Right side for stamping the "Canadian Pacific" and Numbers... I see a common gap between some of the letters. Someone printed a Left on a Right...

Nice collection, folks!
(an' I think I know where DaCheez got one of his Alco's... a Frosted Miniwheats box comes to mind. )

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - December 11 2013 :  9:43:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Ken, that steamer is beautiful!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

New_York_Central
Founder

NYCDreyfussAvatar

Posted - December 11 2013 :  11:58:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add New_York_Central to Buddylist
quote:
Here's one I picked up in Amish country, PA a few years ago, a CP F unit. Rather dirty, but it was cheap. :)

Jerry
Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - December 03 2013 :  11:33:20 PM

There's a joke somewhere in there waiting to happen.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1322  ~  Member Since: October 30 2005  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 12 2013 :  11:20:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi justin it along with coaches are not my cup of tea,having trouble here finding buyer
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - December 12 2013 :  1:48:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
hi justin it along with coaches are not my cup of tea,having trouble here finding buyer
Originally posted by catfordken - December 12 2013 :  11:20:23 AM

you is?? Gimmie!
hehe kidding With my "income" I couldn't afford it anyway
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 19 2013 :  3:37:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist

this just arrived yesterday, from ebay. paid just over $4, and it arrived in 11 days. amazingly fast. the rest of the set is out at the club, so will get photos today. want to swap the couplers to e-z mates, and 2 of the axles are very stiff, so might swap them out.

Edited by - sunhuntin on December 19 2013 6:14:52 PM

Mike
Big Boy

CNRAvatar

Posted - December 19 2013 :  6:03:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Mike to Buddylist

Mike

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1586  ~  Member Since: December 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: March 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 19 2013 :  6:15:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
wow, mike! nice collection. the more i see of the shark nose, the more im liking it.

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - December 20 2013 :  3:08:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
Yes, the sharks are out!!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 20 2013 :  4:12:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
as promised, pics of my set so far.

sitting in a siding at the club

along the back straight.

havent had a chance to run it yet. we had the christmas show last night, and the "run roster" was booked solid. i had hoped to give it a quick run when i got there, but with 2 layouts to set up, didnt have time. the thomas set takes a minimum of 2 hours. as my stuff was outside, it required a fresh set up each day.

my main focus for trains. i combine it with the lego winter village range and scatter characters like pooh bear and lightning mcqueen through it.

HO toy story. only takes about 10 minutes

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - December 21 2013 :  07:37:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
very nice layouts,bet you have fun,ken

sunhuntin
Switcher

CNRAvatar-1

Posted - December 23 2013 :  12:49:53 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add sunhuntin to Buddylist
ken, thanks. certainly do, but in some ways i wish the thomas one didnt take so long to set up, lol. the kids love it, so its worth it.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 19 2020 :  4:50:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

O Canada

Canadian Jaws.

We are going to need a bigger caboose.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - November 13 2020 :  8:15:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Any more Canada equipment?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - November 13 2020 :  8:48:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I must get a canadiana someday
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 13 2020 :  9:20:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Here are my Canadian Tyco locomotives.

Canadian Pacific F9A, restored.

Tyco Canadiana C430, made possible thanks to Da Cheez. Still have yet to fix the pinion gear issue.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 13 2020 :  10:03:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
One I got from Canada a couple years ago

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2020 :  12:15:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
NICE
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 14 2020 :  12:23:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I REALLY like the colorful red and white Canadian pieces that Tyco made. I have the box car that is so nice looking. I got it from Chops on some trade deal quite a while back... This stuff ROCKS!

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - November 14 2020 :  8:26:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
Yes, the sharks are out!!

Originally posted by GG-1 Guy - December 20 2013 :  3:08:01 PM

Maybe it's just the reflection from the cellophane, but does that shark have a roadnumber or something else painted over the rear door?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - November 14 2020 :  8:42:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
https://youtu.be/yQDlcwt8TE4
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - November 14 2020 :  9:01:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I see it too, it seems to be "1601" or just a reflection tricking my eyes.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A Heritage E8! OMG!!! Topic Next Topic: just thought you guys might like these video''s  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000