Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 The Builders Depot
 Customizing & Kitbashing
 IHC C430 Photos added!!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Snow Day Experiments! Topic Next Topic: Custom Tyco Red&Yellow Chattanooga 2-8-0  

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 19 2007 :  12:37:26 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
Here are some photos Of An IHC C430 that I rebuilt. I stripped the original paint as the first step. All hand rails were replaced with bent brass wire and Athearn stantions. I sanded off the molded grabs and replaced them with brass wire as well. The truck mounted couplers were cut off and body mounted knuckle couplers were added. I also filled in the piolet with sheet plastic. I added the rotary beacon and brass bell to the roof.
There are 2 errors that I did not fix. The fuel tank looks nothing like the prototype. It may be possible to replace it with something better, but that was beyond the work I wanted to do. The second error is the missing DB resistor grid on the roof. I did not realize it was missing until I had applied the last coat of clear flat.

The only mechanical alteration was to add 2 flywheels.

Mike

Edited by - Hypoponera on February 20 2007 5:43:11 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator 

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - February 20 2007 :  12:23:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Mike, I don't see the photos at my end...only dead link boxes with the red X in them.
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 20 2007 :  5:00:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
Tony,
Don't feel bad. I get only the dead link boxes as well! I have not been able to post photos! I followed NYC's directions to the letter, but no pics. I'm not sure what I have done wrong. Any clue from your end? Strange thing is that I can not post photos or add them to "my gallery", but I can upload a photo for my avatar.

Edited by - Hypoponera on February 20 2007 5:02:52 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - February 20 2007 :  5:19:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Try taking the spaces out of your filename ("C430 #2" should become "C430_#2" (note the underscore)) and see what happens.

Actually, You might also get rid of the "#" sign as well.

I have noticed that some wierd things happen with certain characters on this form. Since NYC hasn't been on of late, to correct me, maybe those tips will work in the meantime.

I tried to mod-edit your posting and what you did otherwise looks good, so I think the spaces and #'s in your filenames are causing the problem. But I can't change those files, so you will have to edit and re-upload them.

Hope that helps...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 20 2007 :  5:44:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
GIC,
I'm not sure which was the problem. I deleted the space and "#" and added the "_". The photos work now. Thanks!!
Mike
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 713  ~  Member Since: May 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 05 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - February 20 2007 :  5:52:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
WHat? It's not "4301"? BLASPHEMY!!!

J/K. GREAT work as always!

How did you drybrush the trucks? They seem to have that "frosty" look that reminds me of, like, everything Mellow Mike ever does.

Agreed on that fuel tank. Where on earth did they get that from?

A great model nonetheless! [}:)] You do good work. Just add some MU hoses and the like, and she'd hide her pedigree even more.

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on February 20 2007 5:54:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Hypoponera
Mikado

BQ23-7

Posted - February 20 2007 :  6:00:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Hypoponera to Buddylist
GIC,

Thanks for the encouraging words!

#4301 IS in the planning stages. It's an IHC C430 that has been converted into a dummy unit. Not a Tyco, but still numbered 4301.

I painted the truck flat black and drybrushed/scrubbed on medium grey. Nothing fancy, but it helps pick out the molded on details.

I'd like to add more small details, but my primary operators are 8 to 4 years old. Small details just don't take the punishment well.

Mike

Edited by - Hypoponera on February 20 2007 6:02:17 PM

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 20 2007 :  7:41:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Mike ,
Again great model, fun to study.
Bob

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - February 17 2021 :  5:37:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice work Mike.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Snow Day Experiments! Topic Next Topic: Custom Tyco Red&Yellow Chattanooga 2-8-0  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000