Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Revell Motive Power, Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Rare Revell Dow Polypropylene Covered Hopper
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SW7 drive bands Topic Next Topic: Powering the Big Boy  

scrimjimmy
Switcher

Posted - September 22 2013 :  10:05:02 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add scrimjimmy to Buddylist
Hello,

I purchased this revell covered hopper at a train show a while back. It appears to be a promotional car for Dow. It is a clear plastic car and has a load of plastic pellets inside. I have not seen another like this one and was wondering if anyone else had, or has any more info on it Thanks. BTW no its not for sale.

Jim
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3  ~  Member Since: March 12 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2013 Alert Moderator 

waw47
Hudson

Posted - September 23 2013 :  2:34:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Great find. I have one, and have seen a third one.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 23 2013 :  8:02:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I want one! Neat car
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 24 2013 :  08:19:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
It is hard to find info on limited, specially produced sets. Cars like that are interesting, not exactly what collectors are looking for. With no Revell recording marks it is hard to date. A modeler that is good with castings could probably reproduce it. Maybe even made it. Who Knows. I stick to catalog items, and well known uncataloged ones.

Still a good find and conversation piece. Maybe someone else would give you good information on the piece. That would make it valuable.

frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - September 24 2013 :  09:23:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
Promotional and uncataloged locomotives and rolling stock are exactly what collectors are in search of. In most cases they were produced in limited numbers and are very hard to find.

One of the Revell Dow Polypropylene Hoppers sold for +$200.00 on ebay a number of years ago. I don't believe a modeller/operator would pay that much for this car.

The Dow Polypropylene Hopper is the rarest and most valuable item Revell produced in HO.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lvrr325
Big Boy

Posted - March 27 2016 :  11:56:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lvrr325 to Buddylist
They're rare in part because that clear plastic shell becomes brittle with age. I have one and the bottom is so broken the underframe no longer has anything to snap into place against.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 956  ~  Member Since: January 27 2008  ~  Last Visit: May 27 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: SW7 drive bands Topic Next Topic: Powering the Big Boy  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000