Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 doublender for john
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: A Dark Memorial Weekend for Texas, Everyone Topic Next Topic: Tornado at Greenberg Show  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - July 17 2013 :  12:53:09 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
came across this neverwassa b&o diesel ken

Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - July 17 2013 :  1:35:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
Nicely done. Reminds me of the PRR six-axle sharks, but those were single ended. -Thomas
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 17 2013 :  3:45:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey thats real neat I can almost imagine it in Rock Island
Edited by - microbusss on July 17 2013 3:45:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 19 2013 :  06:36:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Those were never made, but, THAT looks awesome in B&O passenger livery, something you got Ken? o_O

I have to say it is nicely executed tho! I have to say, It would have been AWESOME to see a B&O RP-16 (I think) OR a BP-16......a 6 axle "Shark"

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!

Edited by - EM-1 on July 19 2013 07:03:58 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 19 2013 :  07:35:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
*** Didn't Baldwin made there RF16 diesel with the identical drive and 2 different bodies? The shark nose and the Baby Face. They were the same diesel on the inside and different only in their appearance. Now the doublender was made by Baldwin for the CNJ. I would guess the Baldwin could have easily made the Shark Nose version as well but for some unknown reason didn't. Only someone from the Baldwin sales department would know.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on July 19 2013 07:39:43 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - July 19 2013 :  4:44:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Frank,
The Baldwin "Babyface" was a DR-4-4-15.....1500 Horsepower, where the RF-16 "Shark" was 1600 HP.....

I never cared for the "Babyface" but I have ALWAYS liked the looks of the Sharks, whether the RF-16, or the DR-4-4-15......I seem to have something against the F units, to many of them around and commonplace....................unlike the Sharks.

BUT, the "Babyface" was Baldwin's "stand up and fight EMD's F units" try against them to win the motive power race back then.....As we all know EMD won! I actually believe Baldwin sold more of the Sharks then the Babyface!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 24 2022 :  1:49:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"I came across this neverwassa B&O diesel."

Originally posted by catfordken on July 17 2013.
For the B&O fans.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - May 24 2022 :  3:43:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

"I came across this neverwassa B&O diesel."
Originally posted by wks - May 24 2022 :  1:49:54 PM

Now, imagine that (modified however it needs to be to fit) on a GG1 chassis. It'd be sort of like a Baldwin Centipede, but with cooler looking lines.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: A Dark Memorial Weekend for Texas, Everyone Topic Next Topic: Tornado at Greenberg Show  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000