Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 20 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Poll Position
 My Summer Project: The Plan
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AFX Tomy 2 x 3 mini track finished Topic Next Topic: Tyco HP7 Revival!  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - April 28 2013 :  10:46:36 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Well, my 3'X5' table will now host HO racing! The track is by Life Like. The 2 s curves wind up grade and a half oval is in the middle that's raised. Maggie the Daschund has to inspect!

[URL=http://s1228.photobucket.com/user/jdboomer904/media/003-13_zpsff0b4445.jpg.html] /tyco/forum/uploaded/Redneck Justin/003-13_zpsff0b4445.jpg [/URL]

" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - April 29 2013 :  6:36:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Looks like fun :D Will you be adding much scenery to it, and if so, what theme are you going for?

I'm hoping to get a little slotcar layout built this summer as well My plan is to mount my old Tyco set and dress it up like a track from one of the old burnout games

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - April 29 2013 :  11:03:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Just classic green plywood table and not much more. Making it some what portable.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - April 30 2013 :  4:54:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Nice setup. As a recommendation if you want to put two terminal tracks in the same direction. Put one controller on the inside lane of one terminal track and the outside lane of the other terminal track with separate power supplies to each terminal track. That way you won't have a voltage spike or drop when running two cars at once.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - April 30 2013 :  11:19:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Thanks for the advice Jeepman!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

blaneo
Switcher

B&O Switcher

Posted - May 01 2013 :  10:36:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add blaneo to Buddylist
That is an interesting track plan, I like the configuration. I can see some really great scenery aspects to it. But, I totally understand not going in that direction and keeping it simple, compact, and movable. Keep us updated.

Blane is the name,
Trains are the game.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 96  ~  Member Since: December 03 2012  ~  Last Visit: June 24 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - May 01 2013 :  10:38:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
No problem. Another bit of advice I learned in my portable track that I sold. If you are screwing the track to the table and want it smooth again, you lightly countersink your tapered screws then just touch the screws with a hot soldering iron and the track will pull up flush. I used a wood filler to cover the screws and did a hit of flat black paint to help hide the putty. Looked pretty decent and worked very well on any sections I needed to pull out.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - July 20 2013 :  5:08:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
With a couple of you Tyco guys getting your Slot Car sets going, I decided it was time to finish my project as well. I had started this project well over 3 years ago, and finally last year I found the last few pieces of track I needed to fit it all onto a 2' x 3' corkboard. It's basically a folded dogbone with a tight hairpin loop on one end. Another issue I had was the electrical connections required a cut-out on the frame, and I was loathe to do that, even though these were acquired free and were gonna be trashed. I just said screw it (down), and cut out the edge to accommodate the plug-in connections, then I had to go to the hardware store for the correct size screws. Lastly, I had to drill, chamfer, and countersink each hole in the track so the #4 screwheads didn't protrude too much. Whew. Did that outside in the 99 degree heat and humidity in Virginia. But FINALLY, it's all secured and the project finished, so now I can fire it up and entertain my cats with it ( and me, too! ). I was thinking I wasn't ever gonna get around to finishing this, but with some home clean-out projects completed, and the wife not goading me all the time now to clean out, I had some free time this afternoon to finally tackle the final phase and complete my mini track setup. Now, where did I put the power pack and controller? Hmm...

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - July 20 2013 :  8:11:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
That's a really cool set-up. I like how portable it appears to be and that hairpin turn is awesome!
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AFX Tomy 2 x 3 mini track finished Topic Next Topic: Tyco HP7 Revival!  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000