Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 31 ]  [ Total: 31 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 John English, HObbyline HO Trains.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line
Page: of 6

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 25 2021 :  9:28:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That is an awesome set. Drooling.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 09 2021 :  10:31:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Back aways I made a photo of all my different HObbyline freight cars and cabooses in the yard. I have since them gotten a few more cars I can Think of, box cars CN, UP, WP, Rio Grand, hoppers ALCOA, Reading, tank, CONOCO silver. When I get around to it I make another photos set.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on August 09 2021 10:45:17 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 10 2021 :  12:21:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Amazing vintage pieces from the dawn of HO. Very nice.
Here are the box cars and tank cars when view separately.
frank

Edited by - toptrain on August 11 2022 11:24:18 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - August 12 2021 :  09:01:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice collection Frank. Some of those freight cars remind me of AHM ones.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 12 2021 :  12:39:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
So neat to see a collection from the early days of HO. I remember
when postage stamp trains came out, and we were like, how'd they
do that? (They also ran at about 200 SMPH and had those effective,
but enormous block couplers).

Now there is T gauge. What next? Tn3???

I always like TT gauge, halfway between N and HO. Small enough to
create a virtual empire on a 4x8, but big enough to handle. I understand
there is a die hard group of kit bashers and scratch builders out there,
and what I see on Reynauld's Website, of European trains, there is a
surprising array of rolling stock. As for structures, it looks like a DIY program.

Edited by - Chops124 on August 12 2021 12:42:47 PM

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - August 12 2021 :  12:59:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:

. . . Now there is T gauge. What next? Tn3??? . . .

Originally posted by Chops124 - August 12 2021 :  12:39:44 PM

This is the first I ever heard of T gauge.  I assume it's powered...are there really power sources that small???

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1485  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - August 12 2021 :  6:53:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:

This is the first I ever heard of T gauge.  I assume it's powered...are there really power sources that small???
Originally posted by gmoney - August 12 2021 :  12:59:47 PM

T is for tiny. I don't remember the exact scale but it really is tiny. The models are powered and they weigh little enough that they have magnets in them to help them make good contact with the rails.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2352  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 20 2021 :  10:27:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I've gotten lucky and 3 of the missing pieces I've found. THe Cotton Belt 4 bay hopper commonly comes in red with white lettering. A black with white lettering type is a rare version of this car, and I have acquired one, MY FIRST ONE. I am looking foward to getting a second one. Second a 1957 kit box car made in Great Northern red with white lettering has been added to my collection. Probably one of the easiest one's to find I have tried to letter one in the past but had the decals fall apart. I found 1 assembled and with all the lettering in the right places in perfect condition. 3 days ago a 1956 train set # 412, "The Shuttle Bug" became a viable on eBay and the NYC 0-4-0T is a locomotive I did not have. This switcher needs parts but the body and lettering is in good condition. The caboose is a early 1953-1954 Pennsylvania one incorrect for this set. It should be a HObbyline caboose in white lettering. I'll repair this loco, replace the incorrect caboose. Their is nothing I have to correct the problem with the box at this time. Their is still more to look for to actually complete this HObbyline collection.
As I said in the past, "There is no way for me to find and get all the boxed sets that were made. For me it is almost impossible. My collection will only be of catalog listed trains and sets. Their are 28 cataloged train sets. I can at this time assemble together all 27 of them using all original locos and cars in the road names seen in the retail catalog pictures. The one set I can't do is a the ATSF set #416 "The Prospector". I don't have an original AT&SF FM H12-44. I do have a HObbyline H12-44 I have lettered to resemble the original one seen in the catalog, so I can and have made photos of the set as it appears in the 1955 catalog using my look alike loco. Then replace the photo once I get the original one.
Still missing for my collection is the H12-44 AT&SF, C of G kit box car kit #62 in unbuilt kit or built up in good condition, Union Starch kit #69 tank car in unbuilt kit or built up in good condition. Would complete my collection.
Also any affordable sets I don't have I will get if they show up and present funds allow. It could be great if I could get any of the uncatalogued item made by HObbyline from others. Even just the information that they really do exist would be nice.
Unlisted items I have are; Lloyds Twin B&O FA-1 Diesel's, both of mine are powered and one B&O combine, Three Union Switch and Signal gondolas.
Here is a list of these uncatalogued items I have heard or known of;
Lloyds Hobby Shop B&O passenger set, and their freight set. Inland, Ammonia box car, Inland Creosote tank car, E&H hobbies box car, Rohm Haas tank car. CONOCO tank car, Victory tank car,
A few items I seen in advertisements or preview catalogs are Virginnian Hopper car, and the Frisco hopper car. I don't think either one was released.

As you can see I am very close to completing my collection of cataloged items. Wish me luck!
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 20 2021 10:38:40 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 20 2021 :  11:56:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

What the world needs now is Tn3.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 21 2021 :  6:58:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I got a train set in the mail 1 hour ago. HObbyline 1956 set #412 "The Shuttle Bug". I haven't fixed the loco yet but have the proper HObbyline caboose. I/2 the box cover is missing.
frank

This view is of the box side showing the HObbyline label with its product info shown what should have come with this set.

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 22 2021 :  08:08:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The missing cover from the Shuttle Bug set. What did it look like. All 1956 sets came with new art work. The art work was made to fit either of the large or smaller set boxes. The larger 1956 Silver Meteor passenger set's box showed the art work completely. This cover picture show the PRR Trailblazer running with a 6 car passenger consist. ( My grandson wants to use the computer before he goes to school. He is a tuff 1st grader and a good student so he wins.)

A shortened version of this art work graced the box top on the smaller boxes.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 12 2022 3:42:03 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 22 2021 :  6:47:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow, it is great to see these vintage models from when HO was
a "baby."

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 03 2021 :  2:21:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The Timonium Train show last Saturday was a 2 day show that we only attend 1 day of., Saturday. I acquired a HObbyline Mobile tank car I believe to be a original 1954 car. A B&M kit box car all built up with one side done perfectly right and the other side backwards. It was there and for $3. I could not pass it up. My best find is the HObbyline ready to run PRR box car. Another HL car I didn't have I got here is the Union Starch tank car.Still another HObbyline find, a purple (Very ugly) FM H12-44 will be good for parts, and at just 10 dollars. With the price of 3 each and 4 for 10 these HObbyline's freight cars were a good deal. That’s way you see 4 more Cotton belt hoppert and another Monsanto tank car. I'd have to say that the almost 200 mile each way trip for me was worth in because of these these HObbyline finds. Three items still left to find are the AT&SF H12-44, a shell Ready to run tank car, and the Central of Georgia kit box car. I do feel I will find these and the collection of Cataloged HObbyline trains will be complete. If not, well it’s been fun looking. Remember the large Allentown first frost train show will be November 13 AND 14. The allways good Hamberg PA show on Dec I will get to also.
Frank
Oh my I forgot to mention the Texas and Pacific flat car peaking out between the Erie box car and the PRR box car is one i didn't have either. Though a lowly kit flat car the decals on it are so well done no edge of decal film shows anywhere. It is defiantly a keeper, and also a good find.

toptrain

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 03 2021 :  5:04:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
Love the old cars Frank! Keep the pictures coming.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3317  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 04 2021 :  03:10:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Ditto, to that. Extraordinary collection. It is a marvel
that these pieces were made when those extinct
railroads were in full bloom.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - October 04 2021 :  9:23:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
I agree - Frank, you certainly have one of the largest collections of pioneer manufacturers of HO trains, like HobbyLine, and it's clearly your passion. Love to see photos of these truly "vintage" HO pieces.
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 11 2022 :  9:21:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
HObbyline Box car, SP 109810, I've found there are maybe 2 types. The SP logo is different and the color of the boxcar is different. 1 Logo black and white, 2 logo all white.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 14 2023 07:36:31 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 12 2022 :  02:32:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Frank's HO is so vintage, there wasn't any HO vintage when these
were made!!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 12 2022 :  10:32:00 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff, It takes an older modeler to know that bit of info. Thankyou Jeff. I discovered 2 days ago that there were 2 different ones, after having them for years. I am glad I have them. I wonder what else I haven't seen or know about my trains?
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 26 2022 :  06:37:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is one of the HObbyline uncatalogued special cars. This tank was made for Rohm & Hass corporation.
Seen here at my favorite car photo spot, on the tracks in front of my old Victorian SS LTD train station.

Frank.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 26 2022 06:44:19 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 26 2022 :  11:45:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 28 2022 :  6:43:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well as you seen in my last post, I now have a Rare Special uncatalogued Rohm & Hass tank car. I knew of this tank car for the last 5 years but didn't get one till a few days ago, when Rick T. sent me one. I am very gratefull for that car. Well, what happened by in a search for vintage tank cars, a group of 9 show up and another Rohm & Hass tank car is among that group. I made an offer, and it was accepted. So, my second one is in the mail now. I'll as always post a photo in my next reply here. naaaa! here it is.

edit 4-5-22 phot of the 2 together.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on August 30 2022 6:59:24 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 16 2022 :  11:10:40 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
HObbyline HELP NEEDED! In 1955 HObbyline accepted and completed an order from Lloyd's Hobby shop of Baltimore Md. for two different train sets both with the B&O road name. There was a passenger set and a freight set. All basic information on the passenger set is known. The freight set need information help. There are no photos of this set aviable. Because it came with twin FA-1 locomotives in B&O paint and lettering, 6 freight cars, and a caboose, the problem is HObbyline made only 5 different types of freight cars, so which one was their two of. A photo of this set would alleviate this problem and answerer the last remaining question about this set.
Here is what isn't known. How many of each set were sold? Was the B&O road name applied to any of the freight cars or caboose in this freight set? How were the cars and locomotives arranged in the set? One clear photo of the inside of this 1955 B&O freight set would answerer these questions.

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 21 2022 :  2:16:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 22 2022 :  08:33:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is what the Varney Cannonball set looked like when I recieved it. The original set of locos and cars is there.

here is the CANNON BALL set once I cleaned it up on my layout.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 28 2022 06:54:41 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - June 22 2022 :  08:42:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
nice set
how's it run
I'm sure it didn't run hehe
if yes what was wrong with it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 23 2022 :  08:28:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist

quote:
nice set
how's it run
I'm sure it didn't run hehe
if yes what was wrong with it?

Originally posted by microbusss - June 22 2022 :  08:42:10 AM

Hey Buss! The Varney B&O F7A will turn its drivers. The B units frame fell apart. I put a Athearn frame in it. The cars are all nice. only the texaco tank car has a very dull finish. These Varney trains are really unimportant. All I got this Varney set for was the set's bottom box with its insets to hold the trains. This varney set has 6 freight cars and a caboose with 2 other insets for two diesels. This matches the Lloydes B&O freight set. Those varney cars are not my main concern. I really want to keep the HObbyline cars in the good condition they are now. Getting them in a box that is covered is important to me. I will go today to get card stock to make the box cover. Also will look for white comtact paper for this project.
Thanks for the responce Buss.

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 23 2022 :  6:07:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Wow! The Varney cars aren't as important? Well, it is good to
have a focus, or like me, one get's dragged off in all directions.
Better to have one goal in mind and stay the course. Again, truly
one of the best looking collections of first gen HO ever seen.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 25 2022 :  11:26:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff I still get dragged off in all directions. That is how us vintage train people are. Multidirectional!

frank

Still looking in HObbyline for two of these.

One of these.

And one Central of Georgia box car kits unbuilt.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on June 25 2022 11:39:35 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - June 28 2022 :  8:16:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Well, you've kept a tighter focus than many, at least me.

That ATSF old timer, what a beauty. No doubt manufactured
when that critter was state of the art. HO was a novelty.

I can't spot that diesel. Is it in Alco?

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 01 2022 :  07:28:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Jeff the original Varney is a EMD F7 A & B. The HObbyline ones are twin Alco's FA-1's. The Black ATSF is a Fairbanks Morris H12-44.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 01 2022 07:41:37 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - July 01 2022 :  4:58:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
FM H12-44, I was going to say that The H12 is seen pulling some Original B&O passenger cars.

Edited by - toptrain on August 11 2022 11:32:30 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 14 2022 :  10:43:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
very nice
oh hey I got that same Matchbox double decker bus & others hehe
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 31 2022 :  06:49:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
This is a reply to HObbylines trains because some of the info for the Lloyd's HObbyline freight set #2 is still unknown to me and I think everyone else, as to what 6 freight cars and caboose were used and their road names, and what they looked like in their HObbyline set box. Word got me on a boxed B&O freight set being sold at a New Jersey flea market "The Golden Nugget". HObbyline had one small B&O freight set catalog listed in 1956. Set 417 the Pacemaker which is powered by a FM H12-44 pulling a flat car, a boxcar, and a HL caboose. Their also is set #2 I spoke of when starting this post, made by Hobbyline but sold by Lloyd's hobbyshop of Baltimore. I will go to the flea market this saturday.and see the dealer I know their who sold the set to see which one it is. I know also he has about 20 or so boxed hobbyline kits also. Maybe I'll find the Central of Geogia box car with them. Also hoping for some loose cars. I'll bring my bicycle, cross the Delware and go down around Trenton on the Pennsy side and head towards Philly.on the Canal tow path their. I haven't ridden their yet. I got all day. It seams I'll have a very nice day no matter what will happens even if weather makes me cancle the bicycle ride.
The Hamberg train show is coming up on Sunday Sept 11. This is usually a very good train show. I'll try time my trip to within the first half hour of the shows opening. This is a good show for finding throse Maybe, could be, might be interesting train pieces I look for.
Stay cool, take your time, and have a nice day!
Frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 31 2022 :  10:06:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My representation of Loyd's Set #2 " The B&O freight set" .

This add is incorrect. The passenger set #1 came with 3 coaches and 1 combine. I have photos showing a
combine and not a observation car . I have 2 of the combines, there is no observation car in this line in 1955.

I found this information while searching through Model train and Model railroader issues 0f 1955. I found this add from lloyd's saying they were selling B&O passenger sets powered by Alco FA-1 locomotives. This seems to be the only B&O passenger set sold in 1955.
I knew their was a passenger set but the add told of a freight set also. No where else was their info on a freight set powered by 2 FA-1 locos having 6 freight cars and a caboose.. So at the time this freight set didn't exist till I saw the add. This train set is Lloyd's Hobby Shop set #2, the freight set. This one makes 22 sets I have shown so far. I have photos for all 31 sets and (counting the Lloyds B&O passenger set) but no way to place them in here in some order by release dates or set #'s. This freight set #2 and set #1 a passenger set were made by HObbyline for exclusive sale by Lloyd's Hobby Shop brings the total to 32 sets. It is not known how many of each set were produced. These special sets were not Catalog listed, and little is known of them other than what can be found online. The passenger sets were sold on Ebay a few times, so I have seen it and have info on it, but not a set number or name. Tho the set box was shown the seller made no attempt to show if their was a set # or name applied to the boxes side as is on all cataloged Hobbyline sets. The freight set has not been seen before that I know of. No collectors have ever shared info on this set. These sets are sometimes confused with HObbyline sets #1 and #2 of 1953 which are PRR and completly different. Lloyd's advertised the two sets in a Oct 1955 issue of Model Railroader. They do not shows in the Christmass set sales info in both the Toy Train magazine or the Model Railroader magazine Christmass issues article on aviable train sets. The advertisement does not list HObbyline as the manufacturer. Referancing the Lloyds sale info on the passenger set , matches with what I seen being sold on eBay. A B&O passenger set with 2 FA-1 locomotives, 1 combine and 3 coaches painted the same as seen on eBay. eBay showed the set in a box, which is a HObbyline box. I have 2 FA-1's, 2 combines and 1 coach painted as seen on eBay. I still need 2 more B&O coaches to make this passenger set.
I show the Freight set #2 that I put together from my collection. It is not in an original box but a Varney set box. All locos, freight cars and caboose are original HObbyline, and correct for the 1955 date the set was released. My photo is how I suspect this set looked in its box. Twin B&O FA-1 power, 6 freight cars, and a caboose as stated in the advertisement. The caboose shown bears the HObbyline road-name. This is the only caboose used with all cataloged frieght sets released in 1955. It came with both white and yellow lettering. I chose yellow to match the lettering on the B&O locos. This makes this B&O freight set the largest freight set HObbyline did or will ever produce of asembled all ready to run cars and locos. I selected to show 2 boxcars with this set. HObbyline only made 5 different freight cars, so one type had to be repeated. I do not know which type freight was repeated. With HObbyline sets where type of freight cars were repeated, HObbyline al;ways choose the box cars as the car to repeat. I do hope you enjoy viewing this little known model train infromation and my photo. Maybe somewhere a collector that has this HObbyline boxed set, Lloud's set #2, will finaly share it with us all.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 28 2022 07:19:58 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 31 2022 :  10:42:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
coool
Address is now a Women's Clothing Store called A Few Pieces

it is fun to check out addresses to see what is there NOW!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - August 31 2022 :  11:14:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Dang Frank! Score one for the Gipper, why dontcha?

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 02 2022 :  10:48:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
coool
Address is now a Women's Clothing Store called A Few Pieces

it is fun to check out addresses to see what is there NOW!

Originally posted by microbusss - August 31 2022 :  10:42:49 AM

Hey Buss! I have known the hobbyshop did close, and info about the shop is not aviable. There is a net page or two on the family but still nothing on those 2 B&O sets the family sold.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on September 02 2022 10:50:45 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 02 2022 :  4:28:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
cool
well I admit I'd like a few of the HObbyline cars
like a boxcar that advertizes the company hehe

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - September 02 2022 :  7:53:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice sets Frank.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5776  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - September 10 2022 :  10:18:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Thanks for the nice comment.

Back to HObbyline! I finaly have made a photo of all 7 original HObbyline FM H12-44 diesel switchers released by HObbyline. There are no repaints here. All are as HObbyline made them.
1953, FM H12-44 black #1000. to the top right and down. 1953,1954, FM H12-44 PRR #1000B. 1954, FM H12-44 UP #1050. 1955, FM H12-44 C&O #1080. 1955, FM H12-44 AT&SF #1070. 1955, H12-44 Lehigh Valley, #1060. 1956, FM H12-44 B&O #1020. These are the better ones from my collection.

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 10 2022 :  1:48:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
From the dawn of HO, when these flags were still flying.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 10 2022 :  2:12:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
From the dawn of HO, when these flags were still flying.

Originally posted by Chops124 - September 10 2022 :  1:48:13 PM

yeah & only 1 exists now
Union Pacific!

jward
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - September 15 2023 :  10:46:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jward to Buddylist
I am looking at these photos with interest. Was Hobbyline a forerunner of Bowser, which is still owned by the English family?

Do you have a close up photo of the odd coupler that seems to be on many of those cars? Was this a proprietary coupler only used by Hobbyline, from the days before the industry standardized on the horn hook coupler? If so, was it compatable with any other coupler types like the Baker?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 482  ~  Member Since: December 22 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 29 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 14 2023 :  11:13:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
( ( ( ( ( ( ( Here is a Treat for those collectors that include the 1950's. ) ) ) ) ) ) ) ) )

* * * * * My long sought after Uncataloged HObbyline B&O Passenger set, * * * * *

FROM THE DEPTHS OF TIME THIS MIRACULAS EVENT HAS ALLOWED ME TO POST THIS HERE.

____________________________ T A-----T A----------TA---TA-----------------------------------------

In the second photo bellow of the set box, you can see the HObbyline set # 462. This is the HObbyline manufacturing referance number for this UNcataloged train set! i DIDN'T kNOW THAT UNCATALOGED SET WOULD HAVE A HOBBYLINE SET #, BUT THEY DO. You can set the #462 in the picture. No referance in any HObbyline info list this set by its #.I WONDER WHAT THE LARGE UNCATALOGED B&O FREIGHT SET number WAS?

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 16 2023 1:01:49 PM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 27 2023 :  07:02:24 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I found another auction and offered at auction was a almost complete ERIE passenger set #451. It was missing one coach but had a additional second twin set of Erie FA-1's. I won this auction and the trains arrived yesterday.
frank

One of the Erie FA-1's in color is faded. It must have been out on display for a long time. It also got very dusty.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on October 27 2023 07:14:30 AM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 27 2023 :  4:06:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oooo *droooools all over the floor!* awesome Erie passenger set
I admit I like the Phoebe Snow boxcar too

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 14 2023 :  07:19:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well I haven't lost my liking of HO trains yet. I am not ever expecting to do that.

Here is a more recent photos of my FM H12-44 type diesel switchers by HObbyline. It was taken yesterday. These 7 loco's are an average of 68 years old. My age at the time 68 years ago was 9 or 10 years old. My youngest grandson is 9. Hiow did these toy trains last this long. Looking at then , it seems to me they have done well. I hope they remain in this condition into whatever future is coming for them. Kids are here! Got to go.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 16 2023 1:00:09 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 14 2023 :  4:58:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - December 16 2023 :  1:10:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well just below in sight are my 7 HObbyline cataloged FM H12-44's. Here I added 3 more. Two, the CNJ and the NYC I decorated and the Dark blue B&O I bought this way.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on December 16 2023 1:13:33 PM
Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000