Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 All the others not mentioned.
 John English, HObbyline HO Trains.
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Previous Page | Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line
Page: of 6

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 17 2020 :  9:31:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
The Adler! One of my favorites of early-gen steam!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 17 2020 :  10:35:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
A plastic toy model of the Dier Adler Locomotive. here is the Trix set.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - December 17 2020 :  2:26:55 PM

Precusor to the bullet train. Nice trix set Frank.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5843  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 18 2020 :  12:05:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yeah, that has med drooling, too. Think you might hunt that one, RP?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - December 18 2020 :  09:13:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
I'm definitely putting it on my list of things to look out for
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - December 19 2020 :  9:42:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
quote:
Yeah, that has med drooling, too. Think you might hunt that one, RP?

Originally posted by Chops124-December 18 2020: 12:05:50 AM

Definitely.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 20 2020 :  01:25:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I got a nice Rocket set, a John Bull and a DeWitt set, I guess I'd better
sit the Adler out. Bachmann made another 1st Gen set, something
that had a vertical boiler on one end, can't think the name of it.

The ingenuity of these First Gen locomotives simply astonishes me, more
so when one realizes that almost every single bit, except maybe a pressure
gauge, had to be built up and milled from scratch, and only concepts and notions as to how steam could be harnessed.

Not like they could take a trip to Home Depot or Auto Zone. I remain awestruck.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 03 2021 :  9:28:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
My photos of the 29 sets HObbyline released from 1953 to 1957 are in this Flickr album of mine.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30431536@N03/albums/72157714912475107/with/50182182766/

These photos are only to show what cars could have come with these sets. I don't think anyone in the world owns all 29 sets made by HObbyline. I only have 5 boxed sets. I have all the original locos and cars except for a few. I have painted and lettered in an original manner which is the B&O passenger cars in set 462, the NYC 0-4-0t in set 412. the ATSF H12-44 in set 416 are the only ones I can think of as not having, and still looking for originals. I can add to that shortlist another C&O H12-44 because the amount of playtime showing on my C&O H12 makes it look more like a Blue and Black pinto version than the original all blue one.
HObbyline made up freight sets not by what car road names were on the cars in the sets, but by the type of cars used in the sets. The road names were only important on the locomotives and cabooses of freight sets. Also, road names are important because they were not available for all 6 years. Road names were being added every year. For all years being careful with what road names get placed in what set is important.
Set #1 0f 1953 was made again in 1954 but this time had a name "The Wayfarer" set # 420. There is a lot to be said about freight cars concerning types and road names and I won't do it now. That is still to come. I am hoping for a little more information. At present two boxed sets are to be auctioned in the next few days a 1955 Yard Master set #440 and also set #467 the PRR Frontiersman of 1955. The auction site I have nothing to do with because of the costs involved in being a part of the auction. I still like to know what happens to the sets.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on January 29 2021 10:20:16 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 03 2021 :  10:53:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
A wonderful array.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 14 2021 :  09:10:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
I got good news. I will be retiring my Blue and black pinto version of the C&O H-12-44 to yard duty, as I have purchased another one. I checked E-bay this morning and a C&O H-12 was sitting in a box set with 3 other freight cars and a caboose all looking very good, and they are. Along with the boxed stuff came a PRR FA-1 numbered as a dummy but with a powered rear truck added to it. Four streamlined passenger cars from the trail Blazer set surround it. All have good original trucks and couplers with their brass wheels shining.
Now for the bad stuff. If one of the passenger cars was a TRENTON it would have been a complete set but instead, there are two PRINCETON's. AHHHH who reads the names as the train goes by! Now about the boxed set. There was only one C&O set released by HObbyline and it wasn't stamped set #1 inside it. That was a 1953 set number. The C&O set was #421 "The Whistle Stopper" set. It came with a gondola and a tank car not a boxcar, flat car, and a gondola, so this is definitely not set 421, tho the box cover is from a 1955 set as the C&O set was. This stuff is what I was after. Mainly a very good C&O H12-44 and a bunch of 1953 to 1955 cars all with good couplers, trucks and wheels. The weird box is a plus, for it can be used to provide for a second set #1 using instead of the PRR H-12 version the HObbyline H-12 version of set #1. I have seen this set #1 on e-bay using either locomotive. With HObbyline this happened. I don't know if it should be considered correct. Should a negative response be common I have also another very nice PRR H12-44 to save the day. this would create 2 1953 set #1's.
I'll post photos once I have them.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on January 14 2021 09:29:23 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - January 14 2021 :  11:59:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
those streamliners look nice. They look a bit shorter than the athearns, which would be useful for filming as I often use the streamliner cars in scenes, and I have limited space for long cars.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 14 2021 :  4:59:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Another 15 HObbyline cars I acquired today. No box cars this time only gondolas, hoppers, tank, and flat cars. There is a caboose but it is Varney.

About these cars. of the three DOW tank cars, one is in the ready to run version. The lettering is printed on this car with the exception of the corporate logo and signature name in decals or stickers. This is common for ready to run freight cars in 1956 and 1957. The other 2 are Kit versions and all lettering and logos are decals only. Other Kit versions in this grouping are the Western Maryland Gondola, and the Reading hopper. All other cars are ready to run versions.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on January 29 2021 10:17:12 AM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 14 2021 :  10:58:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Delightful vintage pieces.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 15 2021 :  08:08:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Love these vintage HO pieces!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 12 2021 :  08:27:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well, I don't like getting the 1957 kit made cars because almost all are completely decals and were put on in a crocket manner, with broken decals and missings lettering on them. Here is a Reo Grand Cookie Car that for some unknown reason it came out OK. So I got it. Still not like silk-screened lettering would be.
frank

toptrain

Erik The Train Nerd
Hudson

Tyco/Mantua Rio Grande 4-8-0

Posted - February 12 2021 :  08:37:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Erik The Train Nerd to Buddylist
Very Nice!
What an interesting boxcar
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 556  ~  Member Since: December 26 2019  ~  Last Visit: February 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 12 2021 :  1:02:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'd like to know the story on those Cookie Box boxcars
Also do want a HObbyline ad car too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - February 12 2021 :  5:03:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
I'd like to know the story on those Cookie Box boxcars
Originally posted by microbusss - February 12 2021 :  1:02:10 PM

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?11,3169435

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 12 2021 :  5:18:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
I haven't seen too many HObbyline pieces, but I found two cabooses at a flea market and hoped to clean them up and keep them. All items shown were about 50 cents each- bought mostly for the trucks and Kadees that could be pulled off.

Neither was in good shape

The Pennsy caboose paint washed off with water and Dawn! So be careful when you try to clean up some of these good old units.

All was not lost though, as I had paint and decals to make something beautiful from the ashes!

Edited by - el rojo grande on February 12 2021 5:21:25 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 12 2021 :  5:34:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by el rojo grande - February 12 2021 :  5:18:40 PM

oh I'll take the NMRA one
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 12 2021 :  5:48:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
That one has been restored and it is the older brother now to an NMRA heavyweight passenger car from their 1985 convention.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - February 12 2021 :  9:25:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
That custom PC caboose looks amazing!

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 12 2021 :  10:17:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Thanks RP. I really did want to keep it PRR, and was shocked when tbe paint sloughed. Ive read horror stories about some of Tyco's decals or detail graphics coming off when gently washed, but the ehole of the bsse psint was anew one for me. But i always have a plan B... just in case!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - February 12 2021 :  10:40:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
The melted tank car is begging for a Jade Fog conversion...

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - February 13 2021 :  09:16:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Chops- bite your tongue! JF equipment seen elsewhere on this forum is always spotless and in tiptop shape! With Ma Fog's face gracing some of those cars, we have to look good.
Sadly, i sent it off to a friend who deals in melted and distorted rolling stock. If i still had it, it woukd be on its way to your area. I understand there are greater quantities of armadillo gas in your area than can be handled with the fleet of tankers you have. Evidently the mayor of Armadillville has been making quite a ...stink over this situation!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 13 2021 :  09:53:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Thanks RP. I really did want to keep it PRR, and was shocked when the paint sloughed. Ive read horror stories about some of Tyco's decals or detail graphics coming off when gently washed, but the hole of the base psint was anew one for me. But i always have a plan B... just in case!

Originally posted by el rojo grande - February 12 2021 :  10:17:10 PM

the main one that comes off is the Domino Sugar hopper car
lucky for me mine hasn't

also years ago when I washed a ATSF Tyco caboose the clear coat came off!

I should still have it somewhere

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - February 13 2021 :  4:34:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
The clear coat or the caboose??
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 02 2021 :  3:22:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Dave Your caboose was a 1957 release used in just one set, "The Rockey Mountain" set #2500, only dated because before then all PRR cabooses were lettered in a different way. Ben your HObbyline caboose was first released in 1955 and used in every freight set in 1955, and 56. Tho common it still can be dated and yours was used just one year, 1956. What dates this caboose is the fact that in 1956 HObbyline started using the X2F horn hook couplers. All the other years the origin split knuckle couplers were used. The lettering on the caboose was the same for the 2 years. I'll do a post on just HObbyline cabooses because there were 7 of them, really 9 if you count the yellow and red kits.

Now here is a really big info find for people collecting HObbyline. I really don't think I am the only one intentionally seeking this brand of HO trains, tho I feel sometimes I am. I do know of people buying HObbyline trains on e Bay but I can’t find any posting on information on this brand of trains. These trains are sold and disappear from sight and after that nothing is said about them. I am a member of a lot of HO train forums and visit others always looking for posts on HObbyline and there are none.

I think I have the answers concerning the HObbyline Royal Blue set or whatever it is, and when it was released, and by who. The year 1955 is correct and tho the set is a HObbyline made set, they were produced by a special order from LLOYD’s Hobby shop in Baltimore Md. to have HObbyline make them. HObbyline made them as though they were a regular set of theirs, using their current box and artwork, so the HObbyline name is on these sets. Because of this the special order information was never placed in any HObbyline catalog or was in any other catalog or general advertisement. This created a pair of unlisted uncataloged sets. Also, there is another uncataloged set out there, a freight set that maybe contains a factory-painted and lettered caboose in B&O paint? Who knows?
Did HObbyline create special cars for this freight set with road names not used in any other HObbyline sets?
I wonder how many of each set was made? The advertisement I found says just a limited number. Did Lloyd's also purchase replacement cars to cover a warranty or guaranty that may have come with the sets?

Here is an ad placed in the October Model Railroader issue for 1955 on page 45. It tells who ordered, and received, these train sets then sold them.

Passenger set 1 I think to be the Royal Blue set 462.

Freight set 2 is a freight set I don’t know the number of or the name for. It comes powered with the same set of B&O FA-1 twin locomotives as the passenger set, 6 freight cars, and a caboose.

All collectors like rare train cars. These may be the rarest of the 1950’s cars made.

Frank; toptrain1 info.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 13 2021 2:27:40 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 02 2021 :  6:03:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
this is great stuffs
Course I think the only thing I wants from HObbyline is one of their promo boxcars

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 02 2021 :  6:14:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Ben That would be the E&H hobby shop boxcar. I have only seen 3 in the past 2 years listed on e Bay. so keep looking. There is one on e Bay now. But expensive.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on March 13 2021 3:07:37 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 13 2021 :  3:16:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by toptrain - March 02 2021 :  3:22:50 PM

the address is now a beauty supply store

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 13 2021 :  3:17:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Some custom HObbyline cabooses now grace my layout. Two C&O due to the fact I have 2 C&O locos in HObbyline and a Lehigh Valley caboose all in case I pull a small freight with it.
frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 13 2021 :  8:59:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Nice! I like that vintage brass rail, too.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 03 2021 :  07:38:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well, I got lucky and was able to acquire a second HObbyline Lehigh Valley RR FM H12-44. I am sure that it wasn't really luck but no one else wanted it because it is either the dirtiest loco I have seen in years or someone had a different way of weathering their trains. It is in the mail coming from Delaware so should get here soon. It seems to have been put on a shelf years ago and recently found again. Now all I have is the eBay photo which I replace once it arrives.
Did you ever see a dirty loco that the engineer took pail and water and with a rag cleared away the road name because you couldn't see it anymore? Well to me that is the highest level of weathering anyone can achieve. It really is something I don't want on my locos. This is purely my own personal preference. Others may call me crazy for cleaning so perfectly a weathered loco but that is what I will do once it arrives.

HObbylines number for this loco is 1060. The picture in the 1955 catalog shows the loco as I am receiving it with no number on the cab. I guess that is how they were sold.

frank

Note: Lehigh Valley called their small road switcher PUPS!

Here are new and old together. Both are 1955 Loco's my old one Is missing front and rear handrails. The one to the left is the very dirty one in the first photo. It is together and running. I have replaced nothing. Just some careful tunning up and cleaning was needed.

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on April 24 2021 12:59:30 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2021 :  3:22:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Ben That would be the E&H hobby shop boxcar. I have only seen 3 in the past 2 years listed on e Bay. so keep looking. There is one on e Bay now. But expensive.
frank

Originally posted by toptrain - March 02 2021 :  6:14:09 PM

oh I bet
well most any promo cars are getting expensive
was lucky to get a Roundhouse hopper & a ExactRail boxcar cheap

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 21 2021 :  8:45:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well with a Lehigh Valley H12-44 added to the collection a week ago, today another small addition came in the mail.
The 1956 DUPONT Tank car came like new in a box. Really in perfect condition. The is a factory-finished ready-to-run tank car.
frank

toptrain

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 21 2021 :  9:02:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Wow. Love that blue!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 21 2021 :  10:17:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
These vintage, vintage HO pieces are stunning. I always look
forward to Frank's posts. The Dupont car is like finding a piece
of the True Cross.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 21 2021 :  11:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
These vintage, vintage HO pieces are stunning. I always look
forward to Frank's posts. The Dupont car is like finding a piece
of the True Cross.

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 21 2021 :  10:17:45 PM

or even the Ark or the Cup

I'd love a replica of the Ark used in Raiders of the Lost Ark

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 22 2021 :  04:26:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Kind of like the way the funny pages were anticipated in the Sunday paper. Do they still have the funny pages???

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 22 2021 :  10:39:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Kind of like the way the funny pages were anticipated in the Sunday paper. Do they still have the funny pages???

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 22 2021 :  04:26:01 AM

yep

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 24 2021 :  12:54:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Our Sunday paper the Star-Ledger still has them. I go right to Prince Valant to see what trouble he is in or getting out of.
frank

toptrain

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 15 2021 :  10:09:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
The last HObbyline HO train I acquired is the Union Pacific Boxcar. It is a built-up Kit car.

Another one is the HObbyline Canadian National Boxcar.

Frank

toptrain

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - May 15 2021 :  10:51:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I was more of a Dilbert kind of guy. There were a couple
I used to follow, but ca't remember the serial one's- I think
one was "Glen Thorpe." Beautiful box cars, Frank. From
when HO was that new fangled "tiny size."

tater1337
Little Six

RoboAvatar

Posted - May 16 2021 :  09:07:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tater1337 to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by Chops124 - April 22 2021 :  04:26:01 AM

I was an avid reader of the funny pages when I was young

I now have a subfolder in my book marks that has over 80+ webcomics, some daily, some tri-weekly, some weekly

takes me about 3 hours to read thru all of them, only 4 of them are mature audiences
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 166  ~  Member Since: October 09 2020  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - May 18 2021 :  08:58:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well, I got lucky and made an offer that was accepted and another B&O FA-1 body will be coming soon.
This one has a lot of playtime on it and has had its roof painted black. Otherwise, after some touch up
it will have a drive and a place with my first B&O FA-1 heading my copy of the Royal Blue set.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on May 20 2021 6:11:39 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - May 20 2021 :  10:49:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Nice!

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 27 2021 :  7:19:29 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
TodaY at Brooklawn NJ I finally got the 1955 complete boxed Lehigh Valley passenger set #411 Wall Street.

frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 25 2021 3:34:13 PM

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - June 27 2021 :  9:04:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
So crisp! Congrats Frank

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 07 2021 :  7:45:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
did it run out of the box or was some repairs made b4 that?
nice set tho

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 10 2021 :  07:28:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
did it run out of the box or was some repairs made b4 that?
nice set tho

Originally posted by microbusss - July 07 2021 :  7:45:04 PM

Hey Buss, THIS SET IS AROUND 67 YEARS OLD. iT HAS SPENT ALOT OT TIME IN ALOT OF BOXES. AS FAR AS THE SET BOX IT CAME IN, IT WASN'T IN A CORRECT BOX FOR 1955 WHEN IT WAS RELEASED.I only ran the engine on test track. Thanks for asking! My first LVRR H12 runs good just need to touch up paint. This new one is in better condition.
frank

toptrain

Edited by - toptrain on July 25 2021 3:38:41 PM
Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Hornby OO trains  also all other British trains Topic Next Topic: Penn Line  
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000