Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 12 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 TYCO # 7328 - GOLDEN EAGLE SET VIDEO
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: When Tyco train sets began using Mehano locos... Topic Next Topic: TYCO survey paparework  

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - February 11 2013 :  12:57:31 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
VIDEO OF THE TYCO GOLDEN EAGLE SET SOLD IN 1980

Edited by - Brianstyco on February 11 2013 9:06:43 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator 

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - February 11 2013 :  9:36:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
I feel like that would be a lot of cars for a Tyco powertorque to handle . Regardless, nice set and nice video! I never knew that's how the accessories were packaged in sets.

cheez
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - February 11 2013 :  9:51:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Thanks Cheez - Yes - accessories - plain white wrapper
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - March 22 2013 :  2:39:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
quote:
I feel like that would be a lot of cars for a Tyco powertorque to handle .

Originally posted by DaCheez - February 11 2013 :  9:36:36 PM

My Golden Eagle didn't have any trouble!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 22 2013 :  2:43:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
darn thats one loco & caboose I needs hehe
Great video too
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 22 2013 :  7:02:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Nice video Brianstyco. I se the box art has the mighty 630 without handrails. Did it have handrails?
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - March 22 2013 :  8:20:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
quote:
Nice video Brianstyco. I se the box art has the mighty 630 without handrails. Did it have handrails?

Originally posted by Alco Fan - March 22 2013 :  7:02:11 PM

NO AF no handrails
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - May 05 2013 :  6:06:35 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Somewhere here someone suggested painting Tyco handrails to match the color of a shell. Here's my Golden Eagle with handrails and horn painted gold. I really like the effect.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - May 05 2013 :  7:09:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Nice newhudson - did you use a gold paint pen - interested in how you did it?

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - May 05 2013 :  9:33:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
I used rattle can spray paint. I know it didn't take much, so actually I was in the garage looking for the can to see the name of the color. I'm not sure if the word "chrome" is related only to silver or not, or maybe the gold I used was just "gloss" and it matches the "chrome" Tyco GE paint, but I was really happy with how it came out.

As for how I did it, I tape down tape to a piece of cardboard, sticky side up. Like a capital letter I, with the top and bottom of the I used to hold the up sticky tape down. Does that make sense? If you just lay them loose somewhere, I've found it doesn't take much spray pressure to push the handrail set around onto the floor or whatever. I then lay and stick the handrails and stanchions down and paint them. Once dry, flip the handrail sets over and do the other side.

This is far from a fool proof way. Usually after I install them I have to mask the shell as best I can and spray the whole handrail set again. Moving the stanchions on the railing and pushing the stanchions into the plastic shell and such scratches paint off the rails or whatever. I can't remember how if the sill part of this Golden Eagle for example has been repainted with the spray paint or not.

I seem to remember the Rock Island Alco C430 being the most difficult to get the painted handrails to look decent on. I think the red I used was too thin and didn't cover well. I used white primer paint on the Sof76 Alco's, and maybe used primer under the Rock Island red too. I have a few units where I haven't painted the railings at all yet just because I'm not sure what color will look best. The Sof76, Golden Eagle, Silver Streak, etc are left in a display case, so I don't think much about how the handrails came out.

Sam
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - May 05 2013 :  9:37:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Here's another shot from the side. Maybe I didn't have to paint the sill? Sorry, I really can't remember.

Sam

Previous Topic: When Tyco train sets began using Mehano locos... Topic Next Topic: TYCO survey paparework  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000