Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Polling Station
 One Man's Collection
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: What`s Your Favourite Electric? Topic Next Topic: Original equipment or NMRA couplers?  

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 07 2012 :  03:55:27 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Poll Question:
Guys,
Do any of you remember the old Model Railroader section "One Man's Collection"?? They used

to add into the magazines? I know its been awhile ago.....(I'm not even sure of the time

they stopped....)

I have alot of MR's from 1934 to 1968, then it skips from '68 to '72, and I then have right

up 1987 I do believe! Needless to say, I have a bunch of old MR magazines.....Mixed lots

from the 1990's and even into the 2000's....

So, you ask, why this posting in this area of the forums? Well thats what I'm going to

begin.....

Its going to be, my collection, a picture of each item I have.....SO, with that said, TYCO

forms own "One man's collection!"

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd like to see others do the same, whether you have a TON or a

little.... its not the amount but a place to add the collection we all "prize"!!!!!

So, I'll begin, with my collection, the B&O starting out, graduating all the way to the

present day CSX.

Steam first, followed by diesel.

With this, I'll add pictures as the B&O railroad classification of there steam right up to

the diesels they bought, that I have modeled in my collection.

Choices:

I love the idea to have this as a new section.
I'd like to add in my own collection.
Not a bad idea.
Would like to try it.
I'm on the fence with the idea.
Don't know if I'd have the time to post to it.
Won't even bother wasting my time.
Simply put, no.

(Anonymous Vote)

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator 

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 07 2012 :  4:01:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
To everyone thats made a vote. THANK YOU!

I'd LOVE to see this brought back to Model Railroader but..... if nothing else to get our administration to give it a thought, or a try would be nice!

Anyone's thoughts on this please make a posting to it!

~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - October 07 2012 :  4:26:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I like it myself!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 07 2012 :  4:40:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Yeah.... I'd LOVE to have it part of the forums to have a place to post "collections" or or toys that we collect!

BE NICE for those of us, that are modeling any one railroads entire roster, by class of that railroad....

~John

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

caboose 1
Big Six

L&N Hummingbird

Posted - October 07 2012 :  5:19:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add caboose 1 to Buddylist
I think It'd be great...another place to show stuff and work we've done....we could watch each others' layouts or collections grow....
caboose 1
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 352  ~  Member Since: November 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: January 21 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - October 07 2012 :  5:40:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Ted,
Exactly! There's alot of good reasons to do it.......This is why I am trying to get our Admin. to see it and atleast give it some thought on it.....

~John

Previous Topic: What`s Your Favourite Electric? Topic Next Topic: Original equipment or NMRA couplers?  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000