Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 4 ]  [ Total: 4 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Athearn Motive Power & Rolling Stock.
 Anybody else love these Genesis AT&SF units?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Athearn 4-6-2 Pacific, 2nd run Topic Next Topic: not quite an athearn  

a6m5zerosen
Little Six

DRGWAvatar

Posted - July 19 2012 :  10:30:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add a6m5zerosen to Buddylist

Cannot believe how well these run-I am mesmerized...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 103  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2015 Alert Moderator 

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - July 20 2012 :  12:49:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
i have an athearn genesis SD75 in warbonnet colors and it is so quiet you cant even here it!! I love it but i never use it being im a huge steam buff
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 24 2012 :  01:43:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
I've got an A-B-B-A set of F-3 Demo's... heavy pullers! Once on a club layout, two units pulled over 100 miscellaneous cars without problem.

Good locomotives. Heard that Athearn went back to the "Globe" molds for the F-7's.

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - July 24 2012 :  08:09:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* Hi Ken, john ! Goodmorning. The athearn-genesis name is not my Cup of Tea. Their brand as it is, since Irv's passing is distasteful to me.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 24 2012 :  09:34:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Wouldn't mind one of these in Rio Grande
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - July 24 2012 :  4:38:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
Wouldn't mind one of these in Rio Grande

Originally posted by microbusss - July 24 2012 :  09:34:44 AM

you noted...

http://www.athearn.com/Search/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=Denver

you are delivered

can you hold your breath until "Due Late November" ?

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 24 2012 :  4:55:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes Cause I ain't got $500 to spare
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - August 23 2012 :  12:37:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
Genesis locos are solid runners. I have an F-45, Sd-45 and a couple of steamers that run fantastic. The F-45 and SD-45 are sound units and run amazing!
If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - August 23 2012 :  1:03:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
I've got the Genesis SD70MAC, SD70M, a 2-8-2 by Athearn Genesis, and THEN I have 3 Athearn RTR SD50's, and one SD60!

ALL solid runners, but not one of them, DCC or sound they are the old DC cab control when Genesis first came out......

The SD70MAC, is CSX, "Spirit of Cumberland"....... which in real life will NEVER be seen again as it was in a bad accident!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

jlong
Big Six

Posted - June 30 2013 :  1:02:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add jlong to Buddylist
A guy at the HO club was running a Gennesis Warbonnet ABBA set the other night. Quite a sight to watch and listen too.
John Long
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 288  ~  Member Since: September 04 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 08 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 30 2013 :  1:45:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
no
toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AF Kid
Mikado

JerseyCentralAvatar

Posted - July 03 2013 :  10:26:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add AF Kid to Buddylist
I just picked up two UP Athearn Genesis SD70M's. Very smooth running engines.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 650  ~  Member Since: April 28 2010  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 04 2013 :  4:17:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
I have ONE Genesis, and it happens to be a UP F7A. A beautifully detailed, excellent running loco.
One other one I have, not labeled Genesis but RTR for some unknown reason, is a UP Gas Turbine. To my eyes and ears it is the same as Genesis level but I suppose for some vague marketing reason tey chose to calll it RTR
At any rate, a beautiful loco and will pull the house I would say.
Both are DC, no-sound units. I'd have more of them but even at DC-only and no sound they are now too rich for my railroad's budget.

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - September 04 2013 :  6:29:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Jerry,
I'd love to see that Gas Turbine.....the 4 truck version or no?

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JNXT 7707
Big Boy

Posted - September 04 2013 :  8:29:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JNXT 7707 to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry,
I'd love to see that Gas Turbine.....the 4 truck version or no?

Originally posted by EM-1 - September 04 2013 :  6:29:45 PM

Yep the 4-truck version. Even though I don't consider myself a UP modeler by any means, I have a special weakness for the gas turbine locomotives they ran as well as the Centennials. Speaking of which, I recently acquired one of the recent Bachmann DD40AX beasts - a smooth runner in its own right - but if I find one of the old Athearn DD40's (DD35) for less then an arm and a leg I'm going to snatch it up

http://tycodepot.com/
 Posts: 2451  ~  Member Since: April 11 2013  ~  Last Visit: June 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Athearn 4-6-2 Pacific, 2nd run Topic Next Topic: not quite an athearn  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000