Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 17 ]  [ Total: 17 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Life-Like Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 Life-Like F Chassis, picture if you have it?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Life-Like/Varney GG1... Topic Next Topic: proto 2000 e6-a  

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - February 28 2012 :  9:37:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Guys:

I have a couple of LL F3/7B shells. I was wondering what the chassis under them looked like. Anyone got a picture?

The shells are available if you're interested.

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator 

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - April 03 2012 :  4:53:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Gareth,
Which type frame you looking to see? I got the old open frame DC-90 motor, pined drive shaft to the truck tower, and then I also have the flat "pancake" motor thats built into the truck.......

Let me know!

I also have taken the older ones with the frames that have the DC-90 motor, and added a custom turned flywheel to them for better motoring! Actually run pretty good! And with the flywheel pull pretty well as I also added as much weight as I could fint into the unit!

Let mek now which you'd like to see, and I'll get you some pictures!

~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - April 03 2012 :  5:12:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey John:

Not sure when the shells date from... the pancake sounds more recent.... I think I have some pics of the two "B" shells...

There you go...

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - April 14 2012 :  12:40:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Yes, the panckae motors were the latest one, as the old Open Frame DC-90 was a older model power drive. (I think IMHO that the older version with the DC-90 was a better drive, as you can remove the DC-90 add a can motor, and then to that put in a flywheel as well!

Those shells are difficult to tell as they would have the same power drive frame as either of the 2.

So you want a frame and such? powered, or dummy?

~John

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - April 14 2012 :  12:51:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey John:

That's a good question. Likely Dummy, but can you shoot a pic of the powered chassis so I can see what it looks like? Trying to visualize the power train arrangement..... ?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - April 14 2012 :  01:16:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
gonna be up for a few? LOL (I think my post is late....)

~John

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - April 14 2012 :  01:39:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Gareth,
Here ya go to the point of finding the other frame as I have one missing for you to see, (I got to find it!)

^------Powered "Pancake"

^------Dummy, but possible power with DC-90.....

^------"pancake power" era dummy.

I'll post the true DC-90 powered one when I find it! (I alot of times replace the whole frame with an Athearn F-7 frame, which run alot better, except for the Hi-Fi frames......

~John

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - April 14 2012 :  02:11:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey John:

Any difference between the pancake dummy chassis A or B unit? Also do the dummies have foundation for electrical pick-up such as metal wheels for example?

The B units I need chassis for are going to be give aways. I make up composite sets for friends/acquaintances kids to start them off on trains....

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - April 14 2012 :  12:58:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
quote:
Hey John:

Any difference between the pancake dummy chassis A or B unit? Also do the dummies have foundation for electrical pick-up such as metal wheels for example?

The B units I need chassis for are going to be give aways. I make up composite sets for friends/acquaintances kids to start them off on trains....

-Gareth

Originally posted by romcat - April 14 2012 :  02:11:19 AM

Gareth,
As far as I can tell with the dummy "pancake" style is the fact that the pancake motor housing is there, but has NO interior to it, its simply holding the wheelsets in place, and they are plastic! without traction bands on them, as the powered version, has plastic drive wheels, BUT have traction bands on them. The opposite truck has metal wheels and pick up power to power the motor.

These frames are identical!

The Ones I have, are of the older type that had the DC-90 motor on them, I have pictured, a "dummy" version of this frame above. BUT those 2 types of frames are pretty much the same, Just the trucks have no gearing, and the motor is missing, and the weight is different sized.....

You need one or 2 of them? I'll dig to see what I have and if so, your mo0re then welcome to some complete dummy frames! Let me know!

~John

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - September 19 2014 :  9:16:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
I wonder if the older Bachmann replacement parts will fit these Life-Like engines.

The power trucks are sold out right now. The side frames are better than the originals.

It may be possible to take two dummy trucks and make a dummy engine. Their trucks
seem to have metal wheels.

Regards, John

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" <> Thomas Jefferson
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Life-Like/Varney GG1... Topic Next Topic: proto 2000 e6-a  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000