Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 HO Scale Slot Cars
 The Grand Stand
 Slotcar Guys?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: $5 garage sale find Topic Next Topic: 1960;s slot car  

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - February 26 2012 :  8:03:24 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
I finally bought a slotcar set! Anybody else here into it?
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 26 2012 :  8:16:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Collecting? Sure! Operating? Not yet! I am setting up a 3 x 2 corkboard for a mini-raceway, but no room for anything larger at the moment in my little cape cod home. What kind of set did you get, a Tyco, or something older like Aurora?

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 26 2012 :  8:25:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'm not really but a few years ago someone threw out a whole Aurora slot car set from the 60s!
But did trade off one vehicle to a member here Yeah I admit they are cool Especially when you find the track section with railroad track in it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 27 2012 :  01:26:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I am kinda into slot cars as I have always included them in my train layout. I am not a collector and I buy only old style tyco track and mainly AFX slot cars. I have tons of good tabbed pieces of the track with white painted detail. I love the old T-Jets and will buy a few of them sometime in the future.

Posted this pic b4 of the track like MicroBen mentioned, the Road & Rail crossings. I believe I have one more NOS piece that I bought after this photo was taken.. Also in the pic are several "Road & Road" crossings. (intersections)

Walt

Luck, usually comes dressed in work clothes...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - February 27 2012 :  04:12:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Jerry, its all Life-Like except 2 NASCAR's of the 6 is Tyco.
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

mytyco
Mikado

FECAvatar

Posted - February 27 2012 :  06:11:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add mytyco to Buddylist
Hi All,

I don't run mine. I'm not really sure what i'm going to do with them. though they are cool.

Can you post some pictures of your new set?

Mytyco
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 790  ~  Member Since: April 30 2006  ~  Last Visit: July 21 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CamdenLine
Little Six

Camden Line

Posted - February 27 2012 :  7:17:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CamdenLine to Buddylist
I've got a a pretty good sized 1:43 axle track. It is a Carrera Go setup. Pretty fun.

-CamdenLine
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 178  ~  Member Since: July 02 2010  ~  Last Visit: August 22 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 27 2012 :  10:48:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Here's just a few of my slot cars I own, I have them parked everywhere, these I could lay my hands on right away.

Above - some of these, like the Formula 1 green car, the yellow 57 Nomad, are from my childhood days. Some of the others were later acquisitions.

Above - my Gremlin slot cars, I think this is all that was made that I know of. 3 on left are Tyco, the yellow dirt track on right is a Matchbox slot car. Yeah, MB made some.

Above - my AMC Javelin and AMX slots. Most are '90's and later Ebay acquisitions. The #2 at top is a Matador, though.

Above - some actual HO scale slot cars that I bought from a neighbor's yard sale a few years ago. Got 15 cars and a set for $15. STEAL!

Jerry

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

choochin3
Mikado

USA

Posted - February 27 2012 :  11:42:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add choochin3 to Buddylist
I have probaby 30 slot cars,of many makes,and vintages.
I race them at a friends house,and sometimes here at home when my son begs for me to set up a track.
Might good fun!!!!!

carl T.

President of the Cape James Terminal RR.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 691  ~  Member Since: April 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 01 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 28 2012 :  11:07:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Yo AMC The 3 cars in the 3rd pic are Auroras! Least I now know that my cars is missing the drivers hehe
I'll get a pic of box, insides & the 2 cars later
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

Posted - February 28 2012 :  11:48:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Jerry, I knew ya had some AMC's slotcars! I think the AMX's are a nice looking car. I keep eyeing eBay. Just too new and don't wanna overpay.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 28 2012 :  4:22:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
Jerry, I knew ya had some AMC's slotcars! I think the AMX's are a nice looking car. I keep eyeing eBay. Just too new and don't wanna overpay.

Originally posted by Redneck Justin - February 28 2012 :  11:48:17 AM

They repopped the AMX and Javelin AMX, I think I paid 24 $ at a LHS for the "real" AMX. I also got one of those '57 Chevy panel slot trucks, that was a cool find 3-4 years ago? I really need to get all my slot cars in one place. They're scattered like my wits sometimes

JohnnyKane
Big Six

OT

Posted - February 29 2012 :  11:33:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JohnnyKane to Buddylist
Well... not slot cars but slot TRUCKS!!

I think I'm one of a very, very few who build custom trucks in US-1 Tyco.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 201  ~  Member Since: March 14 2009  ~  Last Visit: October 28 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ptgolf
Little Six

Posted - March 01 2012 :  4:21:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ptgolf to Buddylist
Nice work JK, the Sears truck is sharp!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 113  ~  Member Since: March 13 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 30 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 01 2012 :  7:06:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yes I agree Now you need to put them logos on some boxcars

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - March 01 2012 :  8:32:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
Johnny Kane,
Sweet customs!!

Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - November 27 2012 :  4:36:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
Let's just say I collect and run my cars. I own around 170 cars and trucks. Mostly Tyco/Mattel. I'm trying to incorporate a US 1 and train track but I'm an avid outdoorsman and softball player. So I only get to them from December till March.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 27 2012 :  4:51:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
idk who revived this thread but thanks

tycomaster
Switcher

Posted - November 28 2012 :  12:53:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tycomaster to Buddylist
quote:
Here's just a few of my slot cars I own, I have them parked everywhere, these I could lay my hands on right away.

Above - some of these, like the Formula 1 green car, the yellow 57 Nomad, are from my childhood days. Some of the others were later acquisitions.

Above - my Gremlin slot cars, I think this is all that was made that I know of. 3 on left are Tyco, the yellow dirt track on right is a Matchbox slot car. Yeah, MB made some.

Above - my AMC Javelin and AMX slots. Most are '90's and later Ebay acquisitions. The #2 at top is a Matador, though.

Above - some actual HO scale slot cars that I bought from a neighbor's yard sale a few years ago. Got 15 cars and a set for $15. STEAL!

Jerry

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - February 27 2012 :  10:48:36 PM

in your top pic, GREEN #2 CAR IS t-jet mclaren brm w/ slimline chassis, blue #31 is alfa romeo, in my pic if it is there, upside down car is 1990 t-bird from the tyco r&d department, w/ experimental "swivel" pick-up assembly on the 440-x2 chassis that was never produced or sold, a mclaren brm, red is tyco ferrari p-5, lime green is lamborghini miura, both w/ first issue tycopro drop arm chassis. cool stuff!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: November 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: June 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tycomaster
Switcher

Posted - November 28 2012 :  01:12:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tycomaster to Buddylist
quote:
I finally bought a slotcar set! Anybody else here into it?

Originally posted by Redneck Justin - February 26 2012 :  8:03:24 PM

just a little bit, need a few more sets? ha!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 20  ~  Member Since: November 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: June 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

shaygetz
Big Boy

Posted - November 28 2012 :  09:35:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add shaygetz to Buddylist
quote:
Well... not slot cars but slot TRUCKS!!

I think I'm one of a very, very few who build custom trucks in US-1 Tyco.

Originally posted by JohnnyKane - February 29 2012 :  11:33:23 PM

I must have this......my sister's husband works for Overnite (now part of UPS). I pestered him for years to get me one of their HO diecast rigs. Very nicely done, I'm goping to show this pic to him...
 Posts: 2465  ~  Member Since: April 15 2007  ~  Last Visit: December 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Jeepman
Little Six

GreatNorthernAvatar

Posted - July 19 2013 :  11:23:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Jeepman to Buddylist
JohnnyKane that is awesome work. Ever think of selling some of these customs?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 133  ~  Member Since: January 30 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

royal blue
Hudson

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 05 2014 :  8:42:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add royal blue to Buddylist
My dad just got back into it,we are building a huge layout with the super speedway and we are intergrading the trains into it.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 457  ~  Member Since: February 20 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 05 2014 :  10:01:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I forgot about this thread
Totally forgot about the uber awesome trucks JK had too
I has since sold the 1960s Aurora race set I has
Butr I got a A-Team race set tho

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 05 2014 :  10:20:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
The slots are cool & fun.. Got waay too much going on now... Need a little boost to get my track cleaned...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - April 20 2014 :  11:47:10 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
One of my "layout" builds I used a 2' x 3' corkboard display, and mounted the track on it. I have it in my office at work, intend to use it some this year. :) Actually, this is version 2.0, I originally had a hairpin turn (lower right corner), but only a Tyco US-1 truck could actually negotiate the outer turn, the inside was impossible for any car or truck I had, so I gave up and relaid out the track. It hangs over the edge on one corner, but at least it's usable now.

Jerry

Previous Topic: $5 garage sale find Topic Next Topic: 1960;s slot car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000