Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 11 ]  [ Total: 11 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 TYCO TRAIN SETS
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: (Uncatologed)  Topic Next Topic: TYCO Burlington Route F9 A&B Passenger Train Set  

JLFSCP
Switcher

Posted - January 23 2012 :  4:51:56 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add JLFSCP to Buddylist
I'm completely new to this whole thing. I signed up just to post this. I am in Pittsburgh, PA, I recently found a TON of train sets in my paps basement UNOPENED (ex Spirit of America) all there, some are still in plastic wrap. I would like to sell them, I'm just starting to do the research on them. If there are any interested buyers please email me with a price. THERE ARE SEVERAL BOXES! Some include a complete Steeler village.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: January 23 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2012 Alert Moderator 

Redneck Justin
Big Boy

The Young Dr.Frankenstein!

Posted - January 23 2012 :  5:17:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redneck Justin to Buddylist
Posting pics would be helpful!
" Heck with counting 'em rivets, TRAINS ARE FOR FUN! Not called the Mad Scientist for nothing either!"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3145  ~  Member Since: May 07 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JLFSCP
Switcher

Posted - January 23 2012 :  5:32:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JLFSCP to Buddylist
I donh't know how to do all that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: January 23 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 23 2012 :  6:51:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
try this link
http://www.tycoforums.com/tyco/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7857
the papeclip is a camera now
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - January 23 2012 :  8:09:12 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
I would definatly be interested when you post some photos and prices ok
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JLFSCP
Switcher

Posted - January 23 2012 :  9:55:19 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JLFSCP to Buddylist

I don't want to take anything out of the boxes, but here's the mess on my floor and this isn't even all of it. There's trains, villages, tracks, you name it, its here. If someone wanted the whole lot for a lump price that works too. That way they could take what they want and resell the rest? I don't know where to begin with sorting it out, I don't know what goes together (unless its packaged together).
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5  ~  Member Since: January 23 2012  ~  Last Visit: February 02 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 23 2012 :  11:07:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I'd like to know what you has for buildings
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - January 24 2012 :  12:13:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
Any steamers? Any at all?
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

SCVR66
Big Boy

SCVR #2

Posted - January 24 2012 :  12:14:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add SCVR66 to Buddylist
Any steamers? Any at all?
I buy, repair, and collect
http://scvr.weebly.com/
http://seyboldlocomotiveworks.weebly.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDeputation?feature=watch
Hyde.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1352  ~  Member Since: January 15 2012  ~  Last Visit: July 25 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Ken
Hudson

old feller

Posted - January 24 2012 :  12:24:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ken to Buddylist
JLFSCP,
What kind of money are you looking for?
I may take them off yopu hands if the price is right.
PM me
Thanks.
Ken

FIDDLEHEAD RAILWAY CO.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 468  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: February 29 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - January 24 2012 :  2:14:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I'm completely new to this whole thing. I signed up just to post this. I recently found a TON of train sets in my paps basement UNOPENED ... If there are any interested buyers please email me with a price.

Originally posted by JLFSCP - January 23 2012 :  4:51:56 PM

Well, you really need to first make a LIST of everything there. You say you have LOTS of sets, but that can be from 2-4 sets, or 20, which is it? First , set these priorities to listing items :

1 - Sets, complete - would bring the most money, worth the most, need NAMES of the sets, ie Santa Fe Express, etc. and any part/set number listed on the box.

2 - Buildings, accessories - special ones bring good money, others not. List them by Maker/Description ( Tyco McDonalds, a very good money maker )

3 - Engines - again, special road names are worth more than say UP or Santa Fe, which are dirt common. Say Boxed or Loose, if they are not in a box.

4 - Rolling stock - some are common, others are very rare, so would depend.

Track, probably brass, is not worth dirt, with maybe some exceptions. Same for any detailing material like trees, lichen, etc, you can get better quality ones new, I doubt anyone collects those boxes just for the boxes. So I'd list all the major TRAIN items, ie sets, buildings, and engines and rolling stock, in that order, to give a fairly complete idea of what you have there,and put the other stuff aside for now. Otherwise no one knows what to offer you, and it'd just be shooting in the dark. You need to list the collection as completely as possible, WITH road name details for train items, to get the most out of this deal. The Bicentennial steam set is a start, as to being identified. Keep it going!

Jerry in Virginia

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JLFSCP
Switcher

Posted - January 27 2012 :  2:24:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JLFSCP to Buddylist
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/54046717/1/trains?h=2290c0

This is to my dropbox that has all the pictures of what I have. Please let me know. Local pick up would be ideal but I'm willing to drive to meet if the price is right.
Thanks.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 27 2012 :  4:38:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
excuse me Jerry but the McDonald's was made by Life-Like not Tyco
Would totally offer some money for the one gas station (MB) AHM crossing gate, Model Power container set, Lindbergh Tow Boat, & Bachmnann Hambuger Stand
But it the usual excuse not working alot & $0

ptgolf
Little Six

Posted - January 28 2012 :  3:07:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ptgolf to Buddylist
I would like to purchase the Matchbox service Garage. Please PM me with a price.

Thanks
Paul
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 113  ~  Member Since: March 13 2006  ~  Last Visit: May 30 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - January 28 2012 :  6:11:14 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
quote:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/54046717/1/trains?h=2290c0

This is to my dropbox that has all the pictures of what I have. Please let me know. Local pick up would be ideal but I'm willing to drive to meet if the price is right.
Thanks.

Originally posted by JLFSCP - January 27 2012 :  2:24:10 PM

go figure... picture #64... My posted picture of trucks (Duel thread)...

Coincidence to stumble upon an answer of origin within 30 minutes of the picture I took and seeing one in this set of pictures.

I'm impressed!

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on January 28 2012 6:16:52 PM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TKRR
Switcher

MM41

Posted - January 28 2012 :  10:56:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TKRR to Buddylist
Hi, JLFSCP,

Wow, that's a ton of buildings, mostly in sealed boxes. Should attract some interest. Really nice job on the photos, by the way.

I like the sets and rolling stock, but I don't have room for all of those structures. Maybe someone wants to split the collection? So far, I haven't worked up an offer. I'll have to think about it. I'm really in the dark about market prices for the kits. Who knows, we'll see what other comments you get.

I'm nearby in Pittsburgh (South Hills). I could manage a pickup, if we put something together. Meanwhile, thanks for posting the pics. Always fun to see!
-Todd
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 72  ~  Member Since: January 17 2008  ~  Last Visit: November 20 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

steve
Big Six

PRREagleAvatar

Posted - January 29 2012 :  12:15:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see steve's MSN Messenger address  Add steve to Buddylist
im near by in guys mills pa
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 227  ~  Member Since: January 26 2010  ~  Last Visit: May 18 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

JLFSCP
Switcher

Posted - February 02 2012 :  3:45:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add JLFSCP to Buddylist
I've sold the whole lot for $500! Thanks guys for your interest! If I find more I will post.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 02 2014 :  11:06:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist

Here is what I picked p at a sale recently
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 02 2014 :  11:09:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
and what brand is it?

also got this set
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 22 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 02 2014 :  11:17:37 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
having problems loading pics

both the set and cable car are on e bay now

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 02 2014 :  11:20:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
last one

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - July 22 2014 :  6:50:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist

picked these up and they are on e-bay if anyone is interested

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 02 2020 :  11:14:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:

picked these up and they are on e-bay if anyone is interested

Originally posted by thesiding - July 22 2014 :  6:50:47 PM

Blast from the past.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5870  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: (Uncatologed)  Topic Next Topic: TYCO Burlington Route F9 A&B Passenger Train Set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000