Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 6 ]  [ Total: 6 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 I sold the prototypes and pre-production stuff
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production GG-1 Pennsylvania Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production or special run Kraft reefer  

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - January 15 2012 :  11:17:45 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
For the record, My name is Bob Beers. I sold all the pre-production and prototype TYCO train stuff. I am a slot car collector, mostly Aurora. I bought a TYCO slot car collection and the trains were with it. All from a former TYCO employee. The only thing Tony Lucio and I disagreed on was my giving him the employee's name. I was not willing to divulge my source, as there was the potential for more stuff to come at that time. I shared the items with this site until it got impractical to do so. I am glad a few of you were able to purchase some of the items from that grouping. I originally tried to sell the whole lot for $3500.00 and it did not meet reserve so I pieced it out. I still have the cabooses, half are common crap and half are awesome examples of pre-production stuff. Many are mates to the pre-prod engines I sold off. As far as being 'odd', I think we all are....... myself included. Have fun in training...... and enjoy the pieces. -Bob
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator 

Ken
Hudson

old feller

Posted - January 15 2012 :  11:45:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Ken to Buddylist
Hi Bob,
I just read your post and though I would ask you if you would know how I can run slot cars on my layout.I know I can buy a set that was ment to be used with ho scale but I want to be different and use bodies from vehicles I have. Can this be done. How can I do it without laying down the track that is too big and bulky for it to look real.
Thanks for your time.
Ken

FIDDLEHEAD RAILWAY CO.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 468  ~  Member Since: January 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: February 29 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - January 15 2012 :  12:45:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
Faller makes a moving vehicle product but no ideas I can think of will be cheap. All I know of need the track. I will run cars and trains in 'O' scale.
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

spiderj76
Big Boy

Posted - January 15 2012 :  11:09:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add spiderj76 to Buddylist
Yes, we did have our disagreements but I did appreciate that we could "agree to disagree" on some level and get along as adults. As for being "odd", I never said I was normal, ha ha... and I am sure I came across as gruff at times, here no less.

I will say that Bob is a man of his word, and did offer me first crack at the cabeese as I asked (I omitted those details above so as not to seem self-important), unfortunately we could not agree on a deal. He also packed well and shipped fast for free - and the parts freebies were appreciated (if maybe tough to use, lol).

Good luck on the cabeese. If you ever do recall the name of that employee (or meet another) I know several people would be interested, not just me. As you can tell, the pieces are being enjoyed.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2798  ~  Member Since: September 17 2010  ~  Last Visit: July 22 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - January 15 2012 :  11:28:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Hey Tony:

I think Nelson nailed it that day we were Train trading in Suffern NY just before the cops swept down on us with guns drawn; that MRRers spend too much time tucked up with their model trains and we neglect our social skills. Result wildly toasty sendups on various forums, and I'm as guilty as the next guy.

What the hell is so damned exciting about being normal anyway!!!???

Rides over pretty quick guys!

Did I mention I like really hot Spicy food!?

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - January 16 2012 :  07:12:05 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
I have to think that there are a bunch of former employees of Tyco that have information and historic model train items. Remember there was that Intetnet auction in Florida a while back.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - February 27 2012 :  5:52:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Hey Bob! I too am one of your ebay customers. As Tony said, everything I got from you was great! In hindsight, I only wish I were able to afford to bid higher and on more of it.

Damion Pinta
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - February 27 2012 :  5:52:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
quote:
I have to think that there are a bunch of former employees of Tyco that have information and historic model train items. Remember there was that Intetnet auction in Florida a while back.

Originally posted by Alco Fan - January 16 2012 :  07:12:05 AM

What did I miss? What was the Florida auction about?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Alco Fan
Big Boy

PRRGoldAvatar

Posted - February 27 2012 :  10:09:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Alco Fan to Buddylist
There was an auction on the bay and Dan's Trains from Ocala FL, If I remember correctly, had many items that were from a former Tyco executive's collection about two years ago. I wish I had bid higher.
Alco Fan
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2496  ~  Member Since: August 03 2006  ~  Last Visit: December 06 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production GG-1 Pennsylvania Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production or special run Kraft reefer  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000