Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 4 ]  [ Total: 4 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Talgo Pics Posted!
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Trainset Topic Next Topic: Denver Limited  

tsgtbob
Switcher

Posted - January 15 2007 :  4:16:13 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add tsgtbob to Buddylist
When, and what was/is the Talgo?
I have one, got it running over the Christmas holiday, and it is an intriguing little beast!
I'll have to shoot it tonight, and post the pics!

Oh, yeah, one other ?
Why did they make it?

Edited by - tsgtbob on January 16 2007 5:52:12 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 53  ~  Member Since: October 11 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 01 2007 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 15 2007 :  6:49:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
i believe talgo was a spanish invention in the method of joining coaches wagon or locos together,couplings on bogie/truck rather than on body, but as regards the tyco version i am dying to find out,check out the latest talgo offerings from usa,ken
/tyco/forum/uploaded/catfordken/xxi-IMAGE.jpg
http://www.talgoamerica.com/talgo_xxi.asp

Edited by - catfordken on January 16 2007 10:16:31 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 16 2007 :  09:55:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
TYCO's Talgo Train is, I believe, not based terribly close to an actual prototype. It's a '50s TYCO offering and was not released to my knowledge at any time after say 1960 and the beginnings of the Red Box Era.

I think TYCO's basis for its model is suggestive of these ACF-Talgo Trains...

Chessie's Train-X concept...

From an undated, but I think 1955-ish, TYCO Catalog...here's the Talgo Train...

/tyco/forum/uploaded/Tony Cook/TYCO_Talgo_1955_Catalog.jpg

BTW, you mentioned you would SHOOT yours...I wouldn't if I were you...it's a pretty rare TYCO item. [:D] -with much sarcasm

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net

Edited by - Tony Cook on January 16 2007 09:57:20 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 16 2007 :  10:02:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi tony i keep seeing car programs about cities of the future as perseived by the automotive industry and am sure the talgos were part of it ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

tsgtbob
Switcher

Posted - January 16 2007 :  1:20:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add tsgtbob to Buddylist
Here's pics of this weird little beast

It does run, not really well, but it does run.
I had to put the non-insulated wheeles on one side, it was shorted out (somewhere, I didn't look) and she ran!
Loud little critter too!!!

(BTW, I'm out of shotgun shells, and the Barrett seemed a little too much like overkill...[:D]

Edited by - tsgtbob on January 16 2007 1:22:40 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 53  ~  Member Since: October 11 2006  ~  Last Visit: March 01 2007 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Angus
Switcher

Schultz1

Posted - January 16 2007 :  11:43:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Angus to Buddylist
She's a beauty - trucks are very clean, all things considered (of course, that might be the result of your work and not how she came!).

In your picture, I see a resemblance to the Aerotrain that I can't say I ever really noticed before. Thanks for sharing, and a cool find.

Chris
Kansas City
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 27  ~  Member Since: December 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 27 2021 :  9:28:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Here are photos of this weird little beast.

It does run although not really well but it does run.
I had to put the non insulated wheels on one side.
It was shorted out and she ran!
Loud little critter too."

Originally posted by tsgtbob on January 16 2007 at 1:20 pm.

Unique set.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5871  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 28 2021 :  09:36:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I still want one
It came in 3 colors
red yellow & blue
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 28 2021 :  3:29:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I want to see your Areotrain on the new layout.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

offtrackthoroughbred
Little Six

Ice Bandit

Posted - April 03 2021 :  4:43:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add offtrackthoroughbred to Buddylist

My TYCO Talgo engine did not run well; so I removed the original MU ( similar found in die cast Sharks ) and put in a modified MU2. I drilled out the rivets that hold the bottom plate on the MU2 and serviced the bearings and armature. I compared the die cast MU2 mount to the original Talgo MU and decided the mounting ring was more or less the same but needed to be up-side-down. I ppolished the unfinished surface which was now in contact with the motor frame so that it could swivel easily left and right. I drilled holes and tapped for 2-56 screws in the sides of the ring at the same place the original MU has screws. These screws poke through the plastic shell and allow the motor unit to swing back and forth to follow track contour. A couple of short screws installed with the heads toward the inside and about 1/16 inch sticking out substituted what the original MU had. The result MU2 looks very much like the original MU, just a wee bit shorter wheel base. So now I have a TYCO Talgo trian that runs like a race horse and the undamaged original MU safely stored for posterity.

Edited by - offtrackthoroughbred on April 03 2021 4:47:11 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 125  ~  Member Since: November 26 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - April 03 2021 :  9:35:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Great work
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 04 2021 :  1:50:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Brilliant upgrade.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Trainset Topic Next Topic: Denver Limited  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000