Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 9 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Rolling Stock
 Maxwell House Coffee Center-Flow Hopper
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Estate Sale: Billboard Boxcar Bonanza Topic Next Topic: 311T Burlington Box Car  

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  5:26:12 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Maybe I'm just not thinking clearly today, but am I correct it saying that TYCO never produced the Maxwell House Coffee Center-Flow Hopper beyond its appearance as a prototype model in the 1974-75 catalog...

Also can someone supply the letter-suffix for the Sanka Coffee Center-Flow Hopper???

Thanks

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
http://ho-scaletrains.net
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator 

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 10 2007 :  5:34:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I don't have the suffix for Sanka, but I think there is one on ebay right now. I'd like to get one of those that isn't destroyed like the one I do have.

Don't believe I've seen Maxwell House either... but yet it always looks familiar to me. Very similar to Morton Salt though, in color and lettering, so I might just get them confused. I wonder if the Domino Sugar took its place.

Also note that unlike the others shown, the otherwise ubiquitous Old Dutch Cleanser hopper pictured, is a prototype-test version. Production examples had a smaller red section, and reporting marks (incorrectly) on the right side.

I'd like to geta Domino' car and swap roofs with a Morton's.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  6:32:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
Thanks for pointing out the difference in the Old Dutch Hoppers. I hadn't noticed that before and will note and credit you on the updated page.

BTW, I've pretty much put the Train Sets section to bed for now and have moved over to do some general updating of the Freight Cars sections. Both of these are in the Brown Box TYCO site.

Here's the general link into the Freight Cars section...

http://tycotrain.tripod.com/freightcars/index.html
/tyco/forum/uploaded/Tony Cook/tyco_freight_car_brown_boxes.jpg

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 10 2007 :  6:40:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi g in c if you have trouble getting a sanka let me know i have 2 both as per the photo on site,ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - January 10 2007 :  6:56:09 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
358D Sanka
358E Maxwell House (it does exist...I sold mine to Alex (ILUVBUDWSR).
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 10 2007 :  10:37:43 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Ahh, see... I *thought* maybe I had seen a Maxwell House, not really looking for one at the time... but then I looked at the Morton's Salt and couldn't be sure.

But you are right. And in classic fashion, there's one just listed on ebay right now!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - January 11 2007 :  06:40:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
If anyone wants to see it I can post pictures of it. Im not feeling well right now because of kidney stones so give me a few days!
A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - January 11 2007 :  06:47:17 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
The same seller that listed the Maxwell hopper has a bunch of other stuff that is indeed worthy of bidding...I wont be bidding on any because my wife is about to kill me because I have been buying too much...I`d just be worried about all the other dirt dobbers on ebay driving up the price by bidding 6 days before the auction ends. I can say that the Maxwell boxcar, and hopper do not come around very offten as you would think due to the high volume that were made and supplied in sets. I would have to say that out of any car TYCO made those 2 are probably my favorite...lots of color on there.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - January 11 2007 :  08:09:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
Aiight MoFo's...I'm trying for that hopper and Sohio...I don't want to play Roc-Em-Soc-Em Robots with any of my good peeps here. Speak up...because I can turn into the old-school American Tourister Gorilla within :05 seconds of the auction ending.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 316  ~  Member Since: June 16 2006  ~  Last Visit: September 02 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 11 2007 :  08:35:07 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
quote:
Aiight MoFo's...I'm trying for that hopper and Sohio...I don't want to play Roc-Em-Soc-Em Robots with any of my good peeps here. Speak up...because I can turn into the old-school American Tourister Gorilla within :05 seconds of the auction ending.

Originally posted by theoldreliable - January 11 2007 :  07:09:42 AM

All yours Sir. Good Luck. This guy's got some nice stuff.

I like that my eBay handle keeps me from being sneaky...tonycook1966...hard to snipe somebody and then claim that's not me! [:D]

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1658  ~  Member Since: December 03 2005  ~  Last Visit: February 07 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Tony Cook
Big Boy

TycoGMOGP20Avatar

Posted - January 11 2007 :  08:38:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tony Cook to Buddylist
quote:
If anyone wants to see it I can post pictures of it. Im not feeling well right now because of kidney stones so give me a few days!

Originally posted by ILUVBUDWSR - January 11 2007 :  05:40:01 AM

Alex...OUCH!...I've never suffered with kidney stones myself but have heard horror stories. [V] My prayers are with ya!

I would like a nice pic of the Maxwell House Coffee Center-Flow Hopper when the opportunity presents itself. Also, I used your BN yellow 50' Plug Door Box Car on the site...but could you do a pic of it standing up in typical catalog display fashion. Tony L. aka GIC's pics on the segment of EZ-Track with white background are tremendous, if you're wondering what works best for my use.

Thanks in advance and Get Well Soon....[^]

Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource

theoldreliable
Big Six

LNAvatar2

Posted - January 11 2007 :  09:11:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add theoldreliable to Buddylist
Yeesh...it's like tinkling a load of gravel. NOT FUN. [XX(]

Get well soon, ya big lug.

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 11 2007 :  11:21:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Actually I was indeed thinking I'd like to bid on that car when I found it. I might just finish the Center Flow set, since I have about half of them.

So if'n ye'd like to call off the dogs... I'd appreciate it. Let's not repeat the museum car fiasco. [^] Ken lined up two Sankas for me as well that I'll be bidding on. That would leave just the Domino Sugar one to go.

I'd flip the loose cars if boxed ones came along.

I might go for the Old Spice car too.

And Fort Thomas KY is only an hour and change from me [;)] ; I go there for work fairly regularly. There's an AWESOME toy & train shop near there too, in Covington (home of the L&N's DeCournsey yards) (nothing vintage / Tyco though).

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 11 2007 :  12:32:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Heh heh, here's one for the "ebay forum controversy".

I just read that seller's policies - seems like this shyster has come up before. I *KNEW* there couldn't be too may Tyco sellers in Fort Thomas.

In short: $9 shipping FIRM. PER ITEM WON PLUS insurance added on later. And he admits to recylcing boxes, etc so what is your $9 buying? No pickups EVER. Will not combine shipping (well he does, but adds all cumulative shipping fees and then subtracts only $2 per item). [V]

And THEN he has the AUDACITY to say "I am sorry for all these mandatory rules, but there are some very dishonest people who try to take advantage of sellers on Ebay."

[:(!]

That's a bunch of BS. I'm not going to pay $60 for three LOOSE uncommon-but-not-terribly-so cars. Maybe the Sohio by itself would be worth it... but if you're going to bid on one car and then figure, "Eh, $10 per each other's list opening bid might be high but with combined shipping it should average out" - think again. More like $20 per car by his so-called "necessary rules".

I'm tempted to email this guy and see if I can pound some sense into him.

MIGHT still go for just one car (maxwell house) but the others? Feh. And $20 is a bit much for that maxwell house - as I am now POSITIVE I've seen those before. [B)]

Edited by - GoingInCirclez on January 11 2007 12:38:52 PM

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - January 11 2007 :  8:11:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
I sent a picture of the MH hopper for Tony to post on his website for everyone to view on there so when he gets it up just check there!

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - January 12 2007 :  3:41:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I messaged that seller. Then I had my wife read his listings - in her immortal words: "That guy's on crack and should just give it up. He didn't even DESCRIBE the item, but rambled and said three times how he's going to overcharge for shipping! Why bother?"

Then she read what I sent him. [;)] Mwuhahaha. "Polite Assassination" as she called it.

Did any of you realize he them promptly: DELISTED everything that DIDN'T have a bid? Then re-listed those item#'s with completely different contents? (I was watching four listings, they all changed). Then listed new stuff with nicer formatting, and EVEN HIGHER SHIPPING?! And THEN relisted the tyco cars again, separately?

Bottom line: MAYBE that Sohio car alone is worth dealing for. But the Maxwell House car has faulty paint on closer inspection. And I wouldn't buy a thing from this clown.

And that's my piece on this subject. [|)]

I Started with Tyco
Switcher

Posted - May 29 2007 :  2:35:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add I Started with Tyco to Buddylist
Everyone -

This discussion got me to thinking about the Maxwell House car for my collection. Apparently, it made a lot of others interested in it too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tyco-Maxwell-House-Hopper-Very-Hard-to-Find_W0QQitemZ270124283728QQihZ017QQcategoryZ19140QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It is currently (May 29) at $37.99 with 3 days, 9 hours to go!

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: May 29 2007  ~  Last Visit: January 20 2008 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

obtrey
Little Six

Malfunction Junction

Posted - May 29 2007 :  3:53:50 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add obtrey to Buddylist
If I remember correctly Brian got my Maxwell House, for a lot less than that. He should be grinning at such a deal.
I still have the Sanka, Morton, Kellogg, and a Domino with a bad decal on 1 side Brian got the good one, and all 4 Super Heroes.

Bob

In Malfunction Junction:
When all else fails get a bigger hammer.

Edited by - obtrey on May 29 2007 3:56:10 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 182  ~  Member Since: January 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: April 05 2013 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:05:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
AH, if it's hitting insanity, it must be NYC selling it. [;)]

I should offer a commission for him to list my stuff for me... [:O]

zebrails
Big Boy

Zebrail Drivers

Posted - May 30 2007 :  04:04:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send zebrails a Yahoo! Message  Add zebrails to Buddylist
uh, fellas...
it's my 1:00 a.m. and the latest bid isCurrent bid: US $37.99

Place Bid > ----------------------------------------
"End time: Jun-01-07 20:35:36 PDT (2 days 19 hours)
Shipping costs: US $6.95 (discount available)
Other (see description)
Service to United States
Ships to: United States
Item location: Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
History: 7 bids
High bidder: squarepants38( 272) "

FOR ONE CAR?!?!

oh, I guess I should be counting my ZZZzzz's

John

I don't have a one track mind. It depends on the turn-out.
"I love your catenary!"
Is that a power-trip or just another pick-up line?

Edited by - zebrails on May 30 2007 04:07:36 AM
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1124  ~  Member Since: December 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 30 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brianstyco
Big Boy

Mint Silver Streak

Posted - August 27 2008 :  8:55:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brianstyco to Buddylist
Here is my mint Maxwell Hopper. I upgraded the car with kadee#5 couplers and Proto metal wheels on original Tyco trucks.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2507  ~  Member Since: January 31 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 21 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

lexlie
Little Six

Posted - January 18 2009 :  8:37:53 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add lexlie to Buddylist
is that what was sold for 38.00.....

Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 188  ~  Member Since: January 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: June 14 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

detroitterminal
Switcher

Posted - January 19 2009 :  03:15:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add detroitterminal to Buddylist
There's a prototype for everything! For all the discussion regarding the admittedly unorthodox right sided placement of of reporting marks, here's one example that occured in "real life:" http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/aa/aa1202ags.jpg
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 81  ~  Member Since: March 14 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 10 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 19 2009 :  10:46:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes the Center Flow Maxwell does exist. I have two of them. As a teen in the 1970's , I had the Tyco Maxwell on my layout. I also had the common Old Dutch Cleaner hopper. That was it though on the hoppers. The picture shows my Tyco Hopper collection a little more complete today.... The Maxwell Hopper was my favorite in the 1970s.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 19 2009 :  10:57:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
TO ANSWER the original TONY COOK question, There was a TIDE Hopper & an ARM & HAMMER Hopper, shown in one of the early 70's Tyco catalogs...that neither were ever produced by tyco. HOWEVER, Someone had produced a nice one on ebay maybe last year? Here it is.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

MM 1498
Big Boy

ICRAvatar

Posted - February 20 2009 :  3:38:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see MM 1498's MSN Messenger address  Add MM 1498 to Buddylist
quote:
TO ANSWER the original TONY COOK question, There was a TIDE Hopper & an ARM & HAMMER Hopper, shown in one of the early 70's Tyco catalogs...that neither were ever produced by tyco. HOWEVER, Someone had produced a nice one on ebay maybe last year? Here it is.

Originally posted by walt-February 19 2009: 10:57:32 PM

I see STC...nice job GoingInCirclez!

- Matt -
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 1021  ~  Member Since: August 24 2008  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - February 21 2009 :  2:49:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
Ah, so my work finally precedes me. Someone should get around to that Arm & Hammer car sometime.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 21 2009 :  3:28:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Impressive work GIC! Being a bodyman & painter I can admire the great job you done!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 23 2009 :  8:15:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh well time to get my ad/billboard cars & take pix still needing more! oh just got that Sanka hopper at that Great Train Expo in Denver paid $4-$5 i ferget lol
Edited by - microbusss on February 23 2009 8:17:42 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - July 09 2020 :  12:42:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Lot of products to buy at your local grocery store.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - July 09 2020 :  5:15:46 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the "unknown slogan" on the Tide hopper is....America's Favorite!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - July 09 2020 :  6:26:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Mom done all of her laundry in Tide! I asked her why and she said its too cold outTide...

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 06 2021 :  3:12:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Has anyone ever determined what the slogan was ABOVE "Tide" on the Tide hopper? I know the slogan below is "America's Favorite". I have the TYCO catalog for 73-74 but can't make out anything other than a blur in that location.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: April 04 2021  ~  Last Visit: August 06 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 06 2021 :  4:46:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Has anyone ever determined what the slogan was ABOVE "Tide" on the Tide hopper? I know the slogan below is "America's Favorite". I have the TYCO catalog for 73-74 but can't make out anything other than a blur in that location.

Originally posted by Top_Jimmy - April 06 2021 :  3:12:52 PM

It IS America's Favorite!
here is PROOF!

because I OWN this actual Tide Landromat box!

Also I want the Maxwell House BOXCAR too!

Edited by - microbusss on April 06 2021 4:48:23 PM

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 07 2021 :  4:50:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Yeah, I've seen lots of different boxes. They don't always have the same slogans or the same slogan in the same position on the box over the years. If you look at the pic above of the custom hopper shown, the "America's Favorite" slogan is BELOW the "Tide" name. That's how if appears in the Tyco 73-74 catalog. The slogan ABOVE the "Tide" name is the one you can't make out and that's why the custom car example shows "Unknown Slogan" in that position.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 15  ~  Member Since: April 04 2021  ~  Last Visit: August 06 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 08 2021 :  09:50:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Yeah, I've seen lots of different boxes. They don't always have the same slogans or the same slogan in the same position on the box over the years. If you look at the pic above of the custom hopper shown, the "America's Favorite" slogan is BELOW the "Tide" name. That's how if appears in the Tyco 73-74 catalog. The slogan ABOVE the "Tide" name is the one you can't make out and that's why the custom car example shows "Unknown Slogan" in that position.

Originally posted by Top_Jimmy - April 07 2021 :  4:50:16 PM

note that my box says "Tide's In.....Dirt's Out"
So mine is the way the Tyco Tide boxcar should look like

el rojo grande
Big Six

BethlehemSteelAvatar

Posted - April 08 2021 :  11:13:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add el rojo grande to Buddylist
Seeing this thread made me consult my 1975 Tyco catalog and pine again for the Oreo and blue Pepsi car that never saw the light of day...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 303  ~  Member Since: October 26 2015  ~  Last Visit: April 16 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 08 2021 :  11:31:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Here's another image from a box of the same era...

I'm considering putting "40c OFF" above the "Tide".

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 08 2021 :  11:43:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Yeah, so many "Why didn't they..."s when you see these cool concepts in the catalogs.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 09 2021 :  2:32:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
don't forget that Tyco WAS going to do a 7-11 store too
the building is the same as the B-R building anyway

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 09 2021 :  5:40:28 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Yeah, I have one of the Lifelike McDonald's. A Tyco 7-11 would have been great.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - April 09 2021 :  7:55:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I've never seen a LL McDonald's, Jimmy. Please post a pic if you can.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 09 2021 :  11:33:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist

Edited by - walt on April 09 2021 11:38:13 PM

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - April 10 2021 :  2:02:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
story is that L-L didn't go thru the proper channels to make a McDonald's
So instead of getting rid of the building they redesigned it as the Freeze Drive-In
it used to go for $200+ now its down to $100 or so

Top_Jimmy
Switcher

Posted - April 12 2021 :  4:30:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Top_Jimmy to Buddylist
Yeah, that's the one. Mine is missing the umbrella tops but still looks cool. I remember when McDonald's looked like this.

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - April 12 2021 :  8:13:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Get it RIGHT Bussss. McDonalds Kit used to sell for $300+

Edited by - walt on April 12 2021 8:23:51 PM
  Previous Topic: Estate Sale: Billboard Boxcar Bonanza Topic Next Topic: 311T Burlington Box Car  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000