Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 19 ]  [ Total: 19 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 AHM/Rivarossi Motive Power & Rolling Stock
 2 big ahm locos
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AHM Center cab switcher rebuild. Topic Next Topic: AHM Burlington Northern (BN) C-Liner video  

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 02 2011 :  06:21:32 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
these 2 arrived today,the one at rear is an ahm brass boston & maine class r1-d 4-8-2 named american progress after a competion by school children,one at front,ahm/rivarossi mallet,better photos to follow once tried & tested,ken

Edited by - catfordken on July 16 2011 6:21:42 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator 

romcat
Big Boy

LondonPortStanley

Posted - June 02 2011 :  08:26:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add romcat to Buddylist
Those are pretty "Doke" Ken1 :)

-Gareth

"A is A"
-Aristotle
Law of Identification
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 4200  ~  Member Since: January 08 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 09 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 02 2011 :  3:34:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
on the y6b the front steam chest is lose,and when train moves it lifts or moves side to side,something is not quite right ,cannot find anything regarding west orange,so is it a fictitious railroad,i understand there are 2 west oranges,one in new jersey and one in california which is a trail ken

Edited by - catfordken on June 02 2011 3:43:36 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - June 02 2011 :  4:53:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Ken ; only two pistons go into those cylinders. Mot much to chech.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 02 2011 :  5:02:16 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
frank my question was relating to steam chest,it seems very lose,i have never had one of these so unsure of how its attached to loco or how its supposed to be,is it supposed to be a floating steam chest ken
Edited by - catfordken on June 03 2011 09:52:58 AM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 03 2011 :  09:07:39 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
this is the ahm class r-1 american progress brass locomotive,runs sweet and quiet,wish the plastic rivarossi/ahm y6b did ken

runs but the front steam chest dances as it moves,very loose,ken

Edited by - catfordken on July 16 2011 6:08:26 PM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 03 2011 :  1:58:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
definatly the articulated front steam chest that is the problem ken

freewheels on rear but the front jams up for a second then continues on rod that enters steam chest,runs okay in reverse,weird

Edited by - catfordken on June 03 2011 2:35:10 PM

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 04 2011 :  08:12:31 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
all back together and running after stripping front trucks and cleaning and oiling,ken
still not sure about the west orange though,ken

Edited by - catfordken on June 04 2011 08:13:19 AM

fritdude
Switcher

Posted - June 04 2011 :  08:16:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fritdude to Buddylist
I have always stuck with diesels, but looking at these makes me have second thoughts. They are beautiful! Nice work!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 46  ~  Member Since: December 11 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 04 2011 :  1:29:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi fritude,i love dc not a fan of dcc,to much to remember for an old git like me,and as such thanks to this site and all info i have been afforded,have learnt a lot and still learning,not interested in all the bells and whistles,just a nice running loco,to feed my imagination,ken
i must admit that dcc is great for someone who has just started,but i have shed loads of dc locos,so even to convert would cost the earth,so if you want to go the dcc route do it early

Edited by - catfordken on June 04 2011 1:35:26 PM

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - June 07 2011 :  12:14:04 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
Beautiful machines. I like that 4-8-2. I have the y6b. Those front steps and handrails are the first thing to break off on those locos. The West Orange appears to be a decal. Originally, the roadname for those tenders was ink pad stamped on. Most likely someone changed the name.
Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - June 07 2011 :  3:23:21 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
hi NC shortlines,i realised it was a decal,but why the choice of west orange,like i thought fictional railroad,going to put it back to Norfolk and Western, I to like the r-1 4-8-2,ken

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - December 08 2020 :  10:22:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
quote:
these 2 arrived today,the one at rear is an ahm brass boston & maine class r1-d 4-8-2 named american progress after a competion by school children,one at front,ahm/rivarossi mallet,better photos to follow once tried & tested,ken

Originally posted by catfordken - June 02 2011 :  06:21:32 AM

Nice details.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AHM Center cab switcher rebuild. Topic Next Topic: AHM Burlington Northern (BN) C-Liner video  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000