Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 13 ]  [ Total: 13 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Train Sets
 Petticoat Junction Set Confusion, what Engine ?
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Tyco metal shark set at Timonium... Topic Next Topic: TYCO Johnson Wax Promotional Train Set  

TycoTed
Switcher

Posted - January 17 2009 :  11:50:42 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add TycoTed to Buddylist
Hi ALL!
I came across this Petticoat Junction set at a Tag Sale (Yard Sale). It has the box with the TV's on the top. The Cannon Ball train going through it. It doesn't have the cardboard inserts inside. It does have the 3 Olde Tyme C&FW Passenger Cars, with there Red Tyco boxes. The engine? It's a Tyco Mantua General 4-4-0, BUT...it doesn't say Petticoat Junction...OR C&FW ! It just says General up front, whatever says been rubbed off the cab, and it says W&A R.R. on the Tender! Would this engine EVER come with this set??
Thanks, Ted
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6  ~  Member Since: November 26 2008  ~  Last Visit: October 12 2012 Alert Moderator 

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 17 2009 :  12:03:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
in my humble opinion no it did not, this loco was sold on its own and maybe with sets,but never the petticoat junction,all said its a nice peice ken
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

catfordken

SREnglishGentlemanAvatar

Posted - January 17 2009 :  12:21:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send catfordken a Yahoo! Message  Add catfordken to Buddylist
/tyco/forum/uploaded/catfordken/2410210714_59332c0e8e_b.jpg
as far as i am aware of 2 variations on hooterville black or red tender

Edited by - catfordken on January 17 2009 12:56:08 PM
 Country: United Kingdom  ~  Posts: 8294  ~  Member Since: September 28 2006  ~  Last Visit: October 20 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 26 2009 :  10:10:11 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
the REAL loco which is a 10 wheeler (4-6-0) is the same one used in Back To The Future 3 which I wouldn't think be hard to copy or to do the Doc's time traveling loco also have seen the Cannonball in Petticoat Jct & Green Acres tv series I'll bet that W & A loco said General on it oops hadda correct the wheel arangement my bad
Edited by - microbusss on February 26 2009 10:44:59 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 28 2009 :  6:21:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Hooterville cannonball is a 4-6-0. And a good match for tyco's loco. The 4-4-0 this person got with the set was changed and is not original.Their is a site you can go to and view photos of the loco used in the TV series.
toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

vansmack
Switcher

Posted - November 09 2010 :  6:36:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add vansmack to Buddylist
The 4-6-0 Cannonball in the TV show is the same train TYCO modeled this engine after. The real train is Sierra Railroad number 3. This train was recently restore (July 2010 I think) and I rode it Oct.2, 2010. It is in Jamestown, CA in the Railtown Museum.

Sierra Railroad number 3 is the most famous movie engine and has been in many movies and TV shows like in 1929 in The Virginian with Gary Cooper. It also appeared in High Noon, The Great Race, Bound for Glory, Back to the Future III and Unforgiven and on many TV shows, including Lone Ranger, Petticoat Junction, Rawhide, Death Valley Days, Lassie, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and Little House on the Prairie.

One of these days I will post my pictures of the real train on the forum.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4  ~  Member Since: September 01 2010  ~  Last Visit: November 21 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

VintageHO
Mikado

Tyco Time

Posted - November 09 2010 :  7:15:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add VintageHO to Buddylist
here is a picture of the set as cataloged... There was some color variations of engine and tender. but, as everyone said there was no General as the engine. Carl

Numquam Immoderatio Satis Est
(Too Much Is Never Enough )

Edited by - VintageHO on November 10 2010 02:14:44 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 632  ~  Member Since: January 23 2006  ~  Last Visit: June 21 2020 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - November 09 2010 :  9:22:17 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey vansmack You forgot it was also in Green Acres Which Petticoat Jct was just a spin-off of it I want to do one up like BTTF 3 one used to push the DeLorean Tho finding that car in HO would be hard
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - November 09 2010 :  9:31:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
quote:
I want to do one up like BTTF 3 one used to push the DeLorean Tho finding that car in HO would be hard

Originally posted by microbusss - November 09 2010 :  9:22:17 PM

Oh, really? Here's a YouTube vid of someone who did it, although they cheated and used a slot car "HO" scale, which really isn't HO. But close. Anyway, check it out yourself, they mention and use Tyco and Mantua engines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDNQgpMzwn0

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - May 12 2022 :  10:34:58 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

"Here is a picture of the set as cataloged."

Looks great for its age.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5875  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Tyco metal shark set at Timonium... Topic Next Topic: TYCO Johnson Wax Promotional Train Set  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000