Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Set of the week. (SOTW)
 SOTW December 26, 2021 to January 1, 2022
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: SOTW 1, 6 to 11 2022, Topic Next Topic: SOTW December 19 to 25, 2021  

wiley209
Hudson

Posted - December 28 2021 :  09:49:36 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wiley209 to Buddylist
May as well get this started. I have reconstructed my first electric train set from 25 years ago: the Toys 'R' Us Express from Life-Like!

I found a good-condition working Life-Like ATSF Dockside 0-4-0 steam engine (based off old Varney tooling) to pull the boxcars and caboose this set came with. As some of you may know, I got the Toys 'R' Us Express for Christmas 1996, when I was eight years old (at a time when most HO-scale model train sets were labeled as being for ages eight and up). And the timing couldn't be better, as Life-Like had just come out with the Power-Loc roadbed track, and of course this set included a 38" circle of it.
Shortly after, we got the Power-Loc track expander set to make a neat double oval out of the circle and some accessories and buildings, and while they were fun to set up and play with, I didn't start to take model railroading more seriously until I was twelve, by which time I got the big Life-Like "Railroad Empire" set for Christmas 2000! And of course while I've moved on to DCC, knuckle couplers, nickel-silver track and higher-quality prototypical locomotives, I still do love to use older Life-Like, A.H.M., TYCO etc. rolling stock and buildings and accessories on my layout!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 595  ~  Member Since: January 03 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 24 2023 Alert Moderator 

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - December 30 2021 :  6:09:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Reconstructed first sets are the heart of cool.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11192  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 17 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: SOTW 1, 6 to 11 2022, Topic Next Topic: SOTW December 19 to 25, 2021  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000