Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 21 ]  [ Total: 21 ]  [ Newest Member: keelbolts ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Locomotive of the Week (LOTW)
 LOTW Feb. 04 to Feb. 11, 2017
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: LOTW Feb. 12 - 18, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan. 29 to Feb. 04, 2017  

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 07 2017 :  11:03:57 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
I will start off this week with a Walthers Mainline Loco.

This is sound equipped and looks great.

If you are not having fun, you are not doing it right.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2022 Alert Moderator 

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 07 2017 :  3:42:01 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
saw that one in North Platte at Rail Fest
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14679  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Redwoods
Big Boy

NWPAvatar

Posted - February 07 2017 :  7:52:25 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Redwoods to Buddylist
That's pure brawn there, Ray!

I just picked up this Canadian Pacific Tyco 0-8-0. It's missing a few pieces as you can see but the price was right. I have all the parts I need in my parts box, I'll just need to paint the cab to match.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1083  ~  Member Since: July 07 2011  ~  Last Visit: February 13 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - February 07 2017 :  10:38:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
A Lionel 0643. It is a Columbia type 2-4-2 fast passenger locomotive. This loco came with a Pennsylvania Railroad slope back switching tender.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - February 07 2017 :  10:55:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
Nice one Frank.
Feedback-hungry attention w****
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 08 2017 :  01:17:20 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
yup I did see UP 1989 2 years ago
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14679  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 08 2017 :  10:54:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
yup I did see UP 1989 2 years ago

Originally posted by microbusss - February 08 2017 :  01:17:20 AM

Nice!!!! What was the unit in front of it?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 08 2017 :  10:55:28 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
That's pure brawn there, Ray!

I just picked up this Canadian Pacific Tyco 0-8-0. It's missing a few pieces as you can see but the price was right. I have all the parts I need in my parts box, I'll just need to paint the cab to match.

Originally posted by Redwoods - February 07 2017 :  7:52:25 PM

I got a parts loco laying around somewhere. It is yours if you want it.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 880  ~  Member Since: August 31 2011  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 08 2017 :  2:04:33 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - February 08 2017 :  10:54:37 AM

EDIT:

it was the WP one

cool yes?

the way I feel about these Heritage Locos is that they would be a WHAT IF kind of loco
As in What if the line never merged or got sold off?

Course I would LOVE to buy a new real loco & do it up in The Rock & Route Rock on it
Yes I knows IAIS has one but I wanna do it in the Sky Blue & White scheme of the late 70s

Edited by - microbusss on February 08 2017 3:50:39 PM

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - February 08 2017 :  5:10:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist

Lionel HO or OO size Hudson from a decorative lamp. Going to convert it to a full-fledged track-powered model

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 750  ~  Member Since: December 05 2015  ~  Last Visit: January 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 08 2017 :  6:25:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
quote:

Originally posted by raysouthernpac - February 08 2017 :  10:54:37 AM

EDIT:

it was the WP one

cool yes?

the way I feel about these Heritage Locos is that they would be a WHAT IF kind of loco
As in What if the line never merged or got sold off?

Course I would LOVE to buy a new real loco & do it up in The Rock & Route Rock on it
Yes I knows IAIS has one but I wanna do it in the Sky Blue & White scheme of the late 70s

Originally posted by microbusss - February 08 2017 :  2:04:33 PM

I want that!!! Walthers makes that one too.

Yes I want a The Rock Model done as well. The white and blue is one of my favorite schemes.

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - February 08 2017 :  7:22:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
The good ol' Bankruptcy Blue is certainly nice.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - February 08 2017 :  7:41:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Haven't posted a LOTW in awhile, nor much else. Been rather busy. Anyway, this Bachmann Hershey's Dash 8-40CW is my pick for this week, I just put an N sized decoder in it at work, will try it out tonight with my Bachmann DCC system, and reprogram it's number. I did that last night to an RSO Plymouth switcher, #5 Hershey. Trying to get my project list knocked down some. HOpe to get my Candy Consist going this year. Getting closer at this point, with the two engines now with decoders in them.

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - February 08 2017 :  8:13:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
I has that loco too & will be searching for the rest of the cars
Don't forget to add the TYCO Hershey boxcar & the Peter Paul Powerhouse boxcar from Bachmann since Hershey's owns that label now

DanMacK

SilverStreak

Posted - February 09 2017 :  01:07:46 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add DanMacK to Buddylist
Nice looking locos! My goal is to get one of those Canadian Pacific 0-8-0's at a decent price.

Toptrain, how hard are those Lionel locos to find? I have a project in mind that would be awesome for that.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 429  ~  Member Since: January 01 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

ZeldaTheSwordsman
Mikado

G2 Slingshot

Posted - February 09 2017 :  09:26:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ZeldaTheSwordsman to Buddylist
quote:
I has that loco too & will be searching for the rest of the cars
Don't forget to add the TYCO Hershey boxcar & the Peter Paul Powerhouse boxcar from Bachmann since Hershey's owns that label now

Originally posted by microbusss - February 08 2017 :  8:13:06 PM

The Tyco Hershey car is a reefer, not a boxcar.

raysouthernpac
Big Boy

PacificElectricAvatar

Posted - February 09 2017 :  11:38:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add raysouthernpac to Buddylist
quote:
Haven't posted a LOTW in awhile, nor much else. Been rather busy. Anyway, this Bachmann Hershey's Dash 8-40CW is my pick for this week, I just put an N sized decoder in it at work, will try it out tonight with my Bachmann DCC system, and reprogram it's number. I did that last night to an RSO Plymouth switcher, #5 Hershey. Trying to get my project list knocked down some. HOpe to get my Candy Consist going this year. Getting closer at this point, with the two engines now with decoders in them.

Jerry in VA

Very nice. Bachmann are easy conversions to DCC but sometimes the motors have hidden resistors and all. They run alot better in DCC once they are removed.

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - February 08 2017 :  7:41:22 PM

Previous Topic: LOTW Feb. 12 - 18, 2017 Topic Next Topic: LOTW Jan. 29 to Feb. 04, 2017  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000