Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 14 ]  [ Total: 14 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Other Great HO Trains
 Lionel Motive Power/Rolling Stock & Accessories
 0366 Milk Car
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Lionel HO helicopter launching car Topic Next Topic: Lionel F7  

cho cho charlie
Switcher

Posted - April 09 2012 :  8:16:17 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add cho cho charlie to Buddylist
Hi,

I finally was able to score a milk car but it is missing all the milk cans and also a left door (as you are facing the car). Does anybody have a source for parts or have any extras that they are willing to sell?

Thanks
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 03 2014 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 03 2012 :  2:58:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
* There must be a left door dieses going around. I also am looking for one. Though I will make a replacement once I get time and ambition. Yes you need them both.
toptrain1

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - August 26 2013 :  7:34:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
How do these cars work? I've got a car, all doors, and even some cans inside! What does the special track look like that makes it operate? It seems like it would be something somewhat substantial to make that plate go up. Where do the milk cans go? Is there a bin or platform or something?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - August 26 2013 :  9:15:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
You need the automatic platform that has the unloaded built into it. You also need a magnet glued under the platform to receive the milk cans. Coal and log cars need a bin on the opposite side of the track.
frank

toptrain

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - August 26 2013 :  10:36:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Not many pics of the platform, best I could find was this drawing by Lionel.

jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

waw47
Hudson

Posted - August 26 2013 :  11:14:20 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add waw47 to Buddylist
No one makes replacement parts for the Lionel Milk Car. The #0900 unloading platform is common. Your best bet is to look for junkers at train shows.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 466  ~  Member Since: August 09 2010  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - August 27 2013 :  12:27:02 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
Ever notice that whatever Lionel has in O or 027 scale ended up being in HO?
Strange I admit but real cool wghen you only do HO scale
Thats a cool car tho
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - September 01 2013 :  11:27:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
quote:
Ever notice that whatever Lionel has in O or 027 scale ended up being in HO?
Strange I admit but real cool wghen you only do HO scale
Thats a cool car tho

Originally posted by microbusss - August 27 2013 :  12:27:02 PM

I always thought that Tyco just used old Lionel O catalogs for their product ideas. Operating log, coal, and ore dump cars, operating box car, similar limited passenger car configurations, even similar high and low end power in the sets and catalog line up.

It is weird that Lionel had such a varied road name line up on cars, loco's, and cabooses, but not so much in the O/O27 line ups.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 151  ~  Member Since: December 29 2011  ~  Last Visit: January 05 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - September 02 2013 :  12:15:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:
similar limited passenger car configurations

Now to be fair, they didn't steal their passenger cars from O scale Lionel......they stole them from S/HO scale American Flyer...
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GG-1 Guy
Mikado

GG-1

Posted - September 02 2013 :  12:14:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GG-1 Guy to Buddylist
This is on eBay with 7 days to go:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lionel-HO-Scale-0366-Automatic-Milk-Car-Remote-Control-Track-Section-0900-Vtg-/360729540229?pt=Model_RR_Trains&hash=item53fd27f685
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 664  ~  Member Since: May 05 2012  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - September 13 2013 :  05:12:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
I found a complete unloading stand, bin, and even the Lionel power button at a train show last weekend. It's pretty cool.

newhudson
Little Six

VGNAvatar

Posted - September 13 2013 :  05:17:48 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add newhudson to Buddylist
Two more.
Back when I got it, I was shocked to find some milk cans still in the car.

The bottom of the on/off button has Lionel Corporation lettering. Pretty cool.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 13 2013 :  07:41:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
would finding the cans be hard to get?
It looks like a barrel of a gun like a 6 shooter only this is a 8 shooter
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - September 13 2013 :  09:25:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
I'm not sure how difficult it be to find the cans, but, making them, would be easy!
~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 13 2013 :  10:44:09 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I'm not sure how difficult it be to find the cans, but, making them, would be easy!
Originally posted by EM-1 - September 13 2013 :  09:25:56 AM

Like carve them out of wood or what?

EM-1
Big Boy

B&O EM-1 7614

Posted - September 13 2013 :  11:14:03 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see EM-1's MSN Messenger address  Send EM-1 a Yahoo! Message  Add EM-1 to Buddylist
Ben. use of a metal lathe on plastic... even wood, multiple times would be AWESOME to do!
~John

Many have tried to, and failed, ya just can't repair stupid...

Do NOT try to Idiot-Proof anything!!!! God, will simply create a better......IDIOT!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2911  ~  Member Since: March 26 2012  ~  Last Visit: January 14 2014 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - April 12 2015 :  08:52:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
What may be forgotten here is that they must be magnetic. There is a magnet glued under the platform which attracts the cans, and holds them. If you make them of plastic you still need a metal base.

toptrain

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - April 12 2015 :  11:40:13 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
quote:
would finding the cans be hard to get?
It looks like a barrel of a gun like a 6 shooter only this is a 8 shooter

Originally posted by microbusss - September 13 2013 :  07:41:01 AM

"Say hello to my little friend!" *pulls out Lionel Lionel milk car and fires* Seriously, though, looks pretty good.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - April 12 2015 :  1:13:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
Parts for Lionel HO are VERY hard to come by

When I se them I try to get them
Sadly on auction sights they go VERY high

I have some jnker milk cars but as to the operating doors

I DO have the roof dor
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1063  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 25 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Brassman
Switcher

PRRShieldAvatar

Posted - April 14 2015 :  4:33:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Brassman to Buddylist
I've got one, also missing the left door, sorry. Also missing one truck; no cans, but the mechanism works. Available free, just pay for shipping, I'll never find those parts.
I need Hobbytown parts, especially for six wheel trucks.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11  ~  Member Since: March 29 2015  ~  Last Visit: June 04 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: Lionel HO helicopter launching car Topic Next Topic: Lionel F7  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000