Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 30 ]  [ Total: 30 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 Tyco Trains
 Tyco Prototypes
 Tyco Alco C-630 Illinois Central Gulf Prototype
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production SD-24 Southern Pacific Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Preambl Express Super 630  

fritdude
Switcher

Posted - June 11 2011 :  08:05:16 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add fritdude to Buddylist
Tyco Alco C-630 Illinois Central Gulf Prototype

This is another of my recently acquired diesels that came from an auction of the pre-production models. It is curious though, since this one is based on a Phase IV, which from what I have read, the Illinois Gulf started with earlier versions of the C-630. Anyway, here is what I can see.

It is definitely hand-painted. When looking from the bottom, orange over-spray is seen. Around the pilots, the orange is chipped and black is underneath. The demarcation line between the orange and white on the top surface is hard-edged and heavy from the masking. The white is more of a slight off-white, and the overall finish is a semi-gloss.

The decals are done by hand; some silvering and yellowing is noticeable, and the size of the "1102" is, well, huge.

As I received it, the rear pilot is broken, the horns are gone, and some sections of the handrails are missing.

This one has no wiring, nor lights. The power truck (Power Torque motor) was installed in the rear. There are no lenses or number boards in the front.

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 46  ~  Member Since: December 11 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2017 Alert Moderator 

rgcw5
Hudson

conrock switcher

Posted - June 11 2011 :  09:31:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send rgcw5 a Yahoo! Message  Add rgcw5 to Buddylist
ok I have to know,

where do you find all the cool rarities?

just me Ray... and just because I have Tyco doesn't mean I am not a model railroader
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 506  ~  Member Since: April 03 2011  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

fritdude
Switcher

Posted - June 11 2011 :  11:14:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add fritdude to Buddylist
They came from a very large collection, which a number of weeks ago was up for auction as a single lot. As it did not sell, it was broken down into individual lots. GG1, GP-20, 430, 630, Sharknose. As of this morning, 9 of these individual lots are still listed, at this internet auction site that we fondly (?) refer to as "the site".
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 46  ~  Member Since: December 11 2010  ~  Last Visit: October 16 2017 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

TYCO-TOWN Trains
Little Six

Aurora HO Trains

Posted - June 12 2011 :  1:10:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add TYCO-TOWN Trains to Buddylist
fritdude, thanks for the purchases and I love that you are displaying some oddities. I an glad you got them. I found the orange pilot for that ICG, it's yours and I will send it out with your next winning purchase or just send it, either way, its yours. Bob mr_aurora on the 'site'
Bob the Slot Car Guy
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 170  ~  Member Since: October 31 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 26 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

CNVIATyco
Big Boy

BC Rail

Posted - September 19 2011 :  7:38:34 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add CNVIATyco to Buddylist
Nice!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1102  ~  Member Since: July 28 2011  ~  Last Visit: July 01 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: TYCO pre-production SD-24 Southern Pacific Topic Next Topic: TYCO pre-production Preambl Express Super 630  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000