Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 15 ]  [ Total: 15 ]  [ Newest Member: Rohan4301 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 Real RailRoad Crossing Lights Yard Decor
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: El Paso Troubles Topic Next Topic: question  

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 02 2009 :  7:05:02 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
This Railroad Crossing has been put up in a section of my yard/driveway. It is a WRRS set that has been changed over to work by electric. A control unit from "LIghts To Go" allows the lights to alternate back & forth like normal. I have a motion sensor on the pole that picks up a car coming thru the driveway..Then blinks for 5 seconds after the car has passed. I wanted to include a WRRS bell on the pole top, but deceided even 5 seconds of the bell may irritate the neighbors... I got the most of the set up from a neighbor. I bought NOS targets as the originals were bent up more than I liked.... I sandblasted the metal parts and repainted them two years ago. They are beginning to get dingy again, but how nice does railroad equipment stay???

Edited by - walt on September 30 2014 01:38:29 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator 

ILUVBUDWSR
Hudson

fty

Posted - March 05 2009 :  05:50:15 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add ILUVBUDWSR to Buddylist
I have a brand new set of the crossing part....I picked them up and they have been laying againt my fence out back ever since. You would be supprised what the CSX throws out. is that picture at a buisness or something? Thats a pretty big driveway and for a residential Walt....lol...You have a lot of cars too..
A lone amature built the ark! A large group of professionals built the titanic!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 423  ~  Member Since: September 25 2006  ~  Last Visit: November 08 2012 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 05 2009 :  08:40:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Just for you Iluvbudwsr, The new & improved photo that may drown all doughts of where my sign is located. Since the RR crossing sign was the titled subject, I had cropped the first pic down quite a bit to focus on the sign. Plus a small pic loads easier on the forum. You are right, I do have alot of cars...Cars are my livelihood & passion. Sorry if I mislead the viewers, I will post more detailed pics in the future in attempt to protect my integrity...

Edited by - walt on January 31 2015 7:37:30 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - March 08 2009 :  7:24:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
When are you laying down the tracks?

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 08 2009 :  8:59:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thats real cool man! the heck with the neighbors USE the bell I got a double sided crossbuck & lights just not the parts to set it up also have a couple of the "private railroad crosing" signs & the RXR sign which I made into a clock
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 17 2009 :  10:35:08 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Microbus.. I like your clock idea with the round signs!

Nicleplate, I have many "good" stories & ideas that this crossing has created... and one nieghbor who is determined to lay some short rails!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 18 2009 :  1:52:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
thanks walt will get pic of the railroad signs & the clock when I buy another camera
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 23 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

GoingInCirclez
Big Boy

Posted - March 19 2009 :  11:16:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add GoingInCirclez to Buddylist
I have to admit that's pretty cool. I do have one-half of a signal (red housing). And I once found a brand-new reflective aluminum crossbuck at a yard sale for $40.... but before I convinced myself to buy it and lug it around, someone beat me to it. Boo.

Have you thought about putting a G-scale railroad in place at the crossing? I've wanted to do that for some time. Would be funny to stop at a signal, and then see a tiny train go by...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2175  ~  Member Since: July 15 2006  ~  Last Visit: January 31 2010 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 19 2009 :  11:54:45 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
hey I'm always looking for railroad signs do not send me to eBay! If anyone's got the whistle posts like the W or the __ __ . __ signs or ANY railroad signs let me know & will get pics of the X that I has & the lights

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 20 2009 :  12:14:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Microbus, For railroad signs, check Ebay in the transportation department...

JUST KIDDING!! JUST KIDDING!!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 25 2009 :  5:05:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
heh your fine HEY I just got a BELL!! it was just replaced with a new one! its a WC Hayes 12" bell!
Edited by - microbusss on March 25 2009 5:08:15 PM

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - September 30 2014 :  09:03:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
That's pretty cool, Walt.Honestly, that's a really cool decorative thing to tell people you're into trains.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 30 2014 :  11:41:07 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Thank You, Stephen.. This was a lot of fun. During December I would put on one green lens for the holiday. Visible from the highway this thing got a bunch of attention...

Tyco Nut
Big Six

Posted - October 01 2014 :  12:24:58 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Tyco Nut to Buddylist
LOVE the setup! You can clearcoat the signs to keep them much more weatherproof. Polyurethane or lacquer (my choice) - lay down several coats and THAT is what weathers, not the sign underneath. I vote for the bell.
Starting my Tyco and other favorites collection over again after 37 years.
My still in progress list of inventory and wantlist: tyconut.com
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 396  ~  Member Since: November 02 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2021 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 01 2014 :  01:12:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I was happy to accidentally run across this thread last night but as you may have noticed, it's a few years old. When I moved from this home in late 09, I gave this whole set up to the young man who is employed at the car lot next door. I had quite a bit invested in it but decided to let him have it. It was a blast to own and to watch people reactions when it come on as they approached it was a riot... A great conversation piece for certain...

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 01 2014 :  11:46:36 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
That's pretty fun Walt, and a cool restoration.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 02 2014 :  12:59:34 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
I was happy to accidentally run across this thread last night but as you may have noticed, it's a few years old. When I moved from this home in late 09, I gave this whole set up to the young man who is employed at the car lot next door. I had quite a bit invested in it but decided to let him have it. It was a blast to own and to watch people reactions when it come on as they approached it was a riot... A great conversation piece for certain...

Originally posted by walt - October 01 2014 :  01:12:37 AM

OOOOO!! wish I coulda got that crossing from you!

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 02 2014 :  10:42:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
That's pretty fun Walt, and a cool restoration...

Originally posted by Barry - October 01 2014 :  11:46:36 PM

Yes, Barry... The crossing was a lot of fun. The long driveway was the perfect place for it... But one of these would be fun anywhere....

Ben, Everybody wanted it... I actually let my wife decide who got it.

Posted correct pic in my second comment. It was mixed in the forum when posted...

Edited by - walt on January 31 2015 7:40:00 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - February 22 2015 :  10:03:56 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I've been thinking the last few days, of buying another one of these crossing light assemblies , to put at this home... After thinking about it some I have a perfect place to put it along our driveway..

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 15 2019 :  03:27:44 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Would like to have another working crossing signal for my driveway... This thing was a blast.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - September 15 2019 :  11:39:29 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
well I sold a couple crossbucks & the lights for $150 this summer
still have a few of the crossbucks tho

promises to get pix of the signs & the round RXR clock this week

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 15 2019 :  12:59:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
I had found a pair of NOS targets for this. Thought about the bell but decided it would be a nuisance to the neighbors...

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - September 16 2019 :  10:45:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
I will be danged!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 21 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - September 16 2019 :  2:35:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
:) The motion sensor between the targets activated the lights to flash until the car passed by...
  Previous Topic: El Paso Troubles Topic Next Topic: question  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000