Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 22 ]  [ Total: 22 ]  [ Newest Member: Stan ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Loose Ends
 A day in the life
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
Next Page
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Neighborhood Trolley Topic Next Topic: HO Promotional Cars
Page: of 2

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 03 2020 :  09:44:01 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Here is an idea where we can share stories and photos of an activity we did in a day.
I worked yesterday and afterwards I walked eight miles in various neighborhoods.
I saw many decorations still up in January.

Very decorative house two miles from my house.

Whitestone Bridge four miles from my house.

Will update more photos later.

Edited by - wks on January 03 2020 1:10:02 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5774  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator 

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - January 03 2020 :  09:56:01 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Wow! Those are some serious lights!

No train related decorations? Awwwwwww!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 03 2020 :  5:14:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Well I did see some trains. Videos from yesterday.

Edited by - wks on January 03 2020 8:41:07 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5774  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 04 2020 :  3:35:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
HO scale layout in an apartment building not far from my house.

Not running today but still has scenes to photograph.

Edited by - wks on January 04 2020 4:02:17 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5774  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: March 28 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 04 2020 :  9:08:23 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
What an amazing snow-filled layout!!! Very inspiring!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 08 2020 :  09:01:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
They set it up each year around Christmas.
Very nice display with meticulous details.

I shot photos on Sunday from my trip to Paterson
and North Haledon New Jersey.

Saw this nice church near the George Washington Bridge bus station.

Arrived in Paterson New Jersey to view an Alco steam engine
which was used in the building of the Panama Canal.

Next to that engine is a small tank engine at the Paterson Museum.
Located on the site of the former Rogers Locomotive Works.
Thousands of steam engines built here over a century ago.

Restored buildings nearby in this former industrial town.

Paterson waterfalls nearby with picturesque views of the Passaic River.

Attractive pond two miles from Paterson and one mile to North Haledon.

HO scale layout at North Haledon with another layout under construction next door.

Heading home I transferred to another train at Secaucus Junction New Jersey.

Arrived at Penn Station in New York City.

The new Penn Station being rebuilt next door. Should be ready this Christmas.

Arrived home later in the evening to look at various homes with decorations.
A total of ten miles I walked on Sunday but well worth the effort.

Edited by - wks on January 08 2020 3:32:39 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 08 2020 :  5:11:40 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
My day consisted of straightening this hood damaged by a deer. Also had to replace the front bumper cover, grill and the support. I love doing this stuff though...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 08 2020 :  6:45:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
you were at the NEW Penn Station!
I think that was a bank originally

Madison Square(Round ) Garden is where the original was at before it was demolished
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 09 2020 :  11:52:52 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Those deer can do a lot of damage Walt. Lucky it seems minimal at least by the photos.
There were other Madison Square Garden buildings before the current one Ben.
The older ones had a squarish look before the current oval building.

Videos of my trip on Sunday. Travel log so to speak.

Started the day by taking the E subway line into Manhattan. Horn action.

E subway line thru the tunnel under the East River.

Work train at 42 Street station and 8 Avenue.

I fed geese at waterfalls in Paterson New Jersey.

Paterson waterfalls.

Paterson waterfalls.

Last look before the three mile walk to the HO club layout.
Videos of the layout are in the Garden State Railway thread.

Edited by - wks on January 09 2020 10:05:23 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - January 09 2020 :  3:13:55 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Yes, Richard... About $4000 worth of damage there. It doesn't take much. It is a long time friends car and I told him I could save him the cost of the new $600 hood. It straightened out really nicely.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 10 2020 :  05:17:02 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Remarkable views of Patterson.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 17 2020 :  6:20:39 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

A bit late with my day in the life. Photos from last Sunday.

I took two buses to Freeport New York to attend a train show.

Before the show I took photos of a Long Island Railroad train.

Leaving the station I saw this cool signal next to the eastbound track.

Arrived at the nearby Freeport Recreation Center to check out the show.

Plenty of items available even though the photo of the event shows a light turnout.

Bought these two items for another member.

Some other items were just look but no touch.

Saw a lot of Pennsylvania Railroad items.

After the show I went to the O scale club layout in Paterson New Jersey.

Plenty of other photos in the Hi Railers club layout thread.

Left the club and headed home. Stopped in Secaucus New Jersey.

Checked out NJ Transit train action for two hours.

Recently built station with comfortable conditions.

Warm day became colder so I enjoyed the comfortable enclosure of this station.

Arrived at Penn Station in New York City under Madison Square Garden.

Next door is the new Penn Station taking shape. Former post office building.

Should be ready by December of this year. A wonderful Christmas present for all.
A very enjoyable day I spent in two states looking at two model train presentations.

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - January 17 2020 :  7:34:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Bought these two items for another member.

Originally posted by wks - January 17 2020 :  6:20:39 PM

Maxwell House boxcar! gimmies!

I think the new Penn Station was a bank or something like that
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14683  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 26 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 17 2020 :  7:37:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Snow Man at the Santa Fe Depot, New Mexico.

Edited by - Chops124 on January 17 2020 7:38:54 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11188  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: March 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 18 2020 :  6:47:51 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
The building was a post office Ben. Will have some mail service in its future.
It will be the main train station when its renovations are finished near Christmas.
Nice snow scene Jeff. Snow was melting when you were there.

Today that snow traveled to New York. I was originally off today.
A co worker was sick this week so she had to rest today.
I filled in for her. I sacrificed a visit to the Allentown PA train show.
Snow conditions over there would have been uncomfortable for me.
Just as well I did not go there. Other shows coming up soon anyway.

After work today I went home. I first stopped at the Bayside LIRR train station to take photos.

Video of LIRR train leaving Bayside station and traveling to Penn Station in New York City.

Edited by - wks on January 18 2020 7:19:37 PM

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - January 18 2020 :  7:56:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Grand old building. Are the upper floors office or apartments? That
would be a nice place to live with trains so accessible.

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - January 18 2020 :  10:12:42 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
A daily activity for me is checking the Tyco Forum - I always enjoy reading everyone's posts, sharing my trains and progress on my layouts, and participating in the "OTW's" each week. This forum is truly amazing, and I can't fathom I've been a member for 3 years already.

I'm sorry for not posting as much this past week, as my job has recently become my top priority. On December 14th, my 18th birthday, I was promoted to Manager of the Dunkin' store I've worked in for the past 2 years! My manager, who was promoted a few years ago to General Manager of the 2 Dunkin' stores in the area, has proceeded to now manage the newly built "Next Generation" Dunkin' about a mile away from this store.

This incredible responsibility has been both amazing, and stressful, because this Dunkin' is the busiest, most profitable store in the entire district, mostly due to my manager's incredible customer service skills. Essentially, he made the store the way it is now while he served as store manager, and to follow in his footsteps is an immense honor.

Photo credit to Ray Schrandt

So if you are ever in Norristown, Pennsylvania, and are looking for some good donuts, coffee, or breakfast, feel free to stop in. We would be happy to serve you.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/

Edited by - RP model railroads on January 18 2020 10:14:06 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 19 2020 :  10:22:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Videos from last Sunday at the Freeport train show.

NJ Transit train at Secaucus Junction New Jersey.

Edited by - wks on January 19 2020 10:26:07 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  01:40:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Rested on Sunday but did a little travel at night.

Festival of lights at Citi Field in Corona New York. Expensive to get in.
Did not feel like spending money so I took photos from behind the fence.
Will post more photos hours later. Am tired.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  10:04:50 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

More photos from last night.

Slow phone. Will post more photos later.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  4:11:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Videos of my night in Queens.

Videos of the panda festival of lights at Citi Field in Corona Queens New York.

Edited by - wks on January 27 2020 4:54:51 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  4:57:44 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Can never forget about the trains. Ever.

Video of HO scale layout at an apartment building near my home. Not running though.

Edited by - wks on January 27 2020 6:23:00 PM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  8:10:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from last night at the light festival in Corona. Subway scenes on the Astoria line.
Before I went home I saw the HO scale layout at the apartment in my area.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 27 2020 :  10:40:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

More photos from last night.

Should be enough for now.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 28 2020 :  07:19:22 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Few more subway videos from Sunday night.

On the Astoria subway line.

Edited by - wks on January 28 2020 07:35:40 AM

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - January 28 2020 :  1:50:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
How was the freeport show?

Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - January 30 2020 :  05:55:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Nice show in Freeport. They had HO dealers and some N and O dealers.
Few layouts in O HO and N. Enjoyed it.

Yesterday I had to go to a bank class in New York City.
Afterwards I walked around and took some pictures.

Displays of some HO buildings at a nearby train store.

Some HO buildings at a model train store on 45 Street near 5 Avenue.

Inside Grand Central Station on 42 Street near Park Avenue.

Outside Grand Central Station.

Another view outside.

Looking north at the station on 40 Street.

O scale layout at the Transit museum gift shop inside the station.

Another view.

Layout can run at least four trains on different tracks.

Urban and country scenes.

Should be operating until February.

Subway scenes.

Remember these cars as a child.

Some more photos.

Red is a favorite.

Has a model of Grand Central Station.

Alpine setting.

New York City scene.

Rocks and more rocks.

Nice ending to a long day.

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - January 30 2020 :  07:46:06 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Richie you used your City trip well. I like the art work on the buildings and Grand central Never looked better then in your photos.
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 09 2020 :  02:01:49 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

My day on Sunday was to go to the Clark New Jersey train show.

Took the subway to Penn Station. Subway one block from Penn Station.

The new Penn Station taking shape next to the present station.

Magnificent structure.

Look forward to see the station in its glory.

When it is finished and ready there will be people instead of pigeons.

Newark New Jersey train station.

NJ Transit train heading to Long Branch New Jersey.

There she goes.

Plenty more trains to come.

Cranford New Jersey train station.

Two miles away is the school where the train show was held.

One of two areas inside filled with train memorabilia.

After the show I walked around. Saw a cool bridge. I did not trespass.

Nearby is Roselle Park station.

Unusual track set up on one of the tracks that pass thru.

Used for freights so they do not get too close to the elevated platform.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 09 2020 :  11:43:42 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

I bought a few items at the show yesterday.
I will try to post those items tonight after work.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 09 2020 :  12:53:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
That building with the pigeons was PART OF Penn Station It was a Post Office

Parts of the station are still there from 1963 you just have to know where to look Some of the stairways ae still standing AND it is getting a makeover now my last trip for this years Toy Fair it was like being in a Maze

I posted the Hornby pic so will repost again with others

AND Sunnyside

Apparently Amtrak has repainted an electric in Pennsylvania Tuscan Coul not get a pic of it
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1060  ~  Member Since: August 19 2011  ~  Last Visit: March 27 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 09 2020 :  12:54:18 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Some videos I took on Sunday March 8 2020 as I traveled to the Clark train show.

I am at Newark Penn Station waiting for the westbound Cranford train.

At Cranford Station looking as the westbound train heads to Raritan New Jersey.

I saw freight action at tracks located between Cranford and Clark New Jersey. I am almost at the train show location.

After the train show I saw freight action located a mile west of Roselle Park Station.

Another freight train passes me as I walk toward Roselle Park Station.

NJ Transit train traveling westbound leaves Roselle Park Station.

NJ Transit train traveling eastbound leaves Roselle Park Station.

Freight action at Roselle Park New Jersey.

Second part of the video.

At Hoboken station in New Jersey as I look at the New York City night lights.

Edited by - wks on March 10 2020 5:10:42 PM

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - March 15 2020 :  02:42:35 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
A day in Ohio? On Friday, a sunny 50 degree day, I put a new battery in my lawn tractor. Then hen decided to cut a few rows of my front yard. Before long, I had went a head and cut the whole

Saturday, is a gray day with a ground covering of snow...

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 15 2020 :  09:19:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
It has been an early Spring in El Paso. It rained about three times
in the past two weeks, which is rare. Now the mountain sides
are exploding with golden California Poppies. Later today, a bike
ride. Temps in the low 70's anticipated.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 16 2020 :  09:09:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Great thread to show your local town or your visit to another area.
Yesterday I went to Strasburg Pennsylvania to enjoy life.

After visiting the area I saw some shiny equipment due to the paranoia.

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 20 2020 :  8:34:03 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

An unusually wet Spring brought out the California Poppies.

Miles of poppies, spreading a light, sweet scent. 12,000 years ago, this area was covered with
prehistoric Indian dwellings.

Fusselman Canyon.

The mountains here are mostly composed of this stratum. It is vertical now, but once was flat.
It formed the bottom of ancient sea beds and was tilted to vertical by the crushing pressure of
tectonic shift. The bottom most stratum are said to be 3 billion years old, making it some of the
oldest exposed rock in North America.

Transmountain Road. A very dangerous stretch of road as people go up it at 70 mph, blowing
transmissions and overheating, especially in the summer, and coming down it at 100 mph,
or more, often going over the side. Especially motorcycles; about a dozen are killed annually
on this stretch. I rode my bike the whole way, it was a lot easier coming down, and I reached
30 mph.

It used to be an artillery range. Now and then they find an old, unexploded shell. Once in a
parking area.

Lots of people peeping at poppies today.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 22 2020 :  6:44:57 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Great photos of El Paso Jeff. Always enjoy looking at other areas of the country.
A day in the life for me yesterday was to travel to a nice train store.

Started my day in Queens by taking the first train to my destination.
Long Island Railroad at Auburndale New York station.

Deserted Long Island Railroad coach due to the virus scares.
Fine with me since I like open spaces.

Took second train on my adventure to the train store.
NJ Transit train I was on leaves Newark New Jersey.

I wait for the third and final train to leave soon.
I saw another train enter Newark station.

The third train arrives at Dunellen New Jersey.
Ready to walk the one mile to the train store.

The NJ Transit train leaves Dunellen for Raritan New Jersey.
Another empty train due to the virus scares.

Dunellen train station is seen as I leave for the train store.
Spring flowers all around the area to gaze at.

Arrived at the train store in Piscataway New Jersey.
They may be closed for a long time due to the state ban.

Lehigh line blocks from the train store. Saw no freight trains.
I have to go back here to videotape the frequent train action.

I talked to a fellow railfan who told me about his YouTube channel. This video of his was taken on Saturday as well.
I posted his video for our enjoyment. This is not my video. Also look at his other videos on his YouTube channel.

His video of his drone is fascinating to view. I am glad we met at the Dunellen train station on Saturday.
Again I stress that this is also not my video. His video of his drone is posted here for all of us to enjoy it.

Edited by - wks on March 23 2020 12:08:43 PM

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 22 2020 :  7:51:48 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
What Stores are open?

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 22 2020 :  8:40:59 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
He found the one. Hopefully, as warm weather approaches all this will
blow over as fast as it started.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 23 2020 :  12:35:21 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
I am updating the video thread since I was distracted from finishing it.
I also took a few pictures on Saturday. I should have taken more pics.

NJ Transit tracks at Dunellen station looking east.

View from the Dunellen station platform looking south east.

Close up of the pretty spring trees.

Norfolk Southern tracks a mile away in Piscataway New Jersey.

Edited by - wks on March 23 2020 11:18:29 AM

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 23 2020 :  06:07:04 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Richie thank you for posting all these wonderful photos. Your trips views are very enjoyable to see.
Frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 25 2020 :  8:56:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
My day from yesterday in my life.

A Queens expressway one block from my house.

A local church about three blocks away from my house. Should go there more often.

Local McDonald's is my life line for food right now. Low calorie items to keep my weight in check.

Still have bus service for now with very few passengers.

Also use this store for supplies.

Former train store at this location 40 years ago.

Major boulevard is virtually deserted these days.

Another boulevard is the same as well.

Another former train store at this location 43 years ago.

Bought some baseball cards from a nearby store.

Long Island Railroad tracks near my house.

Throgs Neck Bridge over two miles away.

Another view of the bridge which connects Queens and Bronx.

Later on I hiked on a former narrow highway.

Used to be called the Vanderbilt Motor Parkway.

Earlier photo of the park near the Throgs Neck Bridge.

Back to the hikers trail in Queens.

Would be cool if they built a narrow gauge track on the route.

Nice possibility of a steam engine rounding this curve especially during spring and autumn.

Edited by - wks on March 26 2020 07:14:27 AM

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 26 2020 :  3:21:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
More photos from yesterday in my neighborhood.

Auburndale New York train station for the Long Island Railroad.

Bridge four blocks east of the Auburndale station.

Edited by - wks on March 26 2020 4:03:34 PM

BlaxlandAlex3
Big Boy

Jupiterpfp2

Posted - March 26 2020 :  5:47:45 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add BlaxlandAlex3 to Buddylist
Taking the train in New york right now? Sounds like a suicide mission!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1549  ~  Member Since: October 10 2019  ~  Last Visit: January 04 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 30 2020 :  09:24:41 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Train service is still safe in most spots.
Try to avoid unnecessary crowding.

A day in the life for me yesterday started with a restful start.
After a few naps I walked around eastern Queens at 5 pm.

No quarantine would deter me from light exercise.
I also used bus service sparingly to make up lost time.

Very few people outside with me due to the panic.
Many ambulance vehicles were in action during my trek.

Pretty trees in spring bloom despite the dreary weather.

Very few activities since people stayed home.

I saw a few police cars but they did not stop me.

I enter the neighborhood of Floral Park New York.

Nearby is the Floral Park train station.

Station platforms above the streets.

Looking east at the four track station.

Looking west at the three platform station.

After leaving the station I walked to the local KFC eatery.

I bought a chicken pie and drink and took the bus home.

Ate the pie while watching the Thunderbirds at home.

Have their DVD collection. This episode is Attack of the Alligators.

My favorite Thunderbirds vehicle from their 1965 show.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 30 2020 :  10:44:32 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Some Long Island Railroad videos at Floral Park station.

I had to shorten the timespan of those videos.
YouTube channels are operating much slower.

thesiding
Big Boy

LionelSince1900Avatar

Posted - March 30 2020 :  12:55:26 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add thesiding to Buddylist
FAB!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - March 30 2020 :  4:58:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Historic images, great photo blog!

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 31 2020 :  2:33:52 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Thanks. I try to show a little of the area where I live.
I use caution when I travel locally and with little crowding.

A day in the life for me yesterday was to relax most of the day.
Fully rested in the early evening had me visit the Whitestone Bridge.

Start of my nocturnal trek is at a local bus stop near my house.

After leaving the bus I walk toward the park where the bridge is.

I reach the bridge with rain starting to fall.

I noticed much less traffic than usual during this crisis.

After walking underneath the bridge I reach the small park.

One more look before walking back to the local bus stop.

After a short ride I walked a bit to the LIRR station.

Very little activity these days.

Plenty of seats available.

The Auburndale train station is elevated above the streets.

It is where I start my early weekend travels to Pennsylvania.

I bought a hamburger and drink at the local eatery.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - March 31 2020 :  4:57:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Videos from last night.

Long Island Railroad train enters and leaves Auburndale New York.

Rainy night by the Whitestone Bridge.

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - April 02 2020 :  3:57:06 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist

Photos from a day in the life of me on March 31 2020.

Night time in Bayside Queens New York.

Edited by - wks on April 03 2020 11:38:06 PM
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Neighborhood Trolley Topic Next Topic: HO Promotional Cars  
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.84 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000