Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 9 ]  [ Total: 10 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 The Trading Post
 Clearout special
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 2-8-0 needed in good working condition Topic Next Topic: Needed Tyco Stuff  

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - February 27 2018 :  11:06:45 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
The I desperately need money for the rapidly approaching train show oh god it's Saturday clearout special!

AHM road crossing Seems intact and complete. Could use a cleaning

AHM Monon gondola, has 2 damaged stirrups, knuckle couplers (truck mounted). Pennsylvania gondola, isn't marked but seems identical to the AHM. Weathered with rust powder, knuckle couplers (body mounted). Two missing stirrups.

Atlas Classic RS-1 shell. I believe it's complete.

Revell NYC gondola, missing stirrups. Trucks are original Revell trucks.

AHM SW1 custom painted for Florida East Coast. Needs new front and back handrails.

3 "weathered" Model Power (I think?) Gondolas. C&NW one is only done on one side. NYC car has one broken coupler, otherwise all couplers are intact and body mounted.

Athearn Blue Box Shell 3-Dome Tank Car. Missing one coupler, otherwise intact. No stirrups but doesn't look like it ever really had them, but I'm not sure.

Old style gas station (?) building. This is quite nice, built out of wood, dunno if it's a kit or not.

Walthers (I think?) SCL Waffle-side boxcar. Has a rough attempt at weathering on this side, that could probably be removed without having to redo the paint.

Athearn Blue Box GP9, barely run, needs handrails & couplers. (I can put in either horn-hooks or plastic knuckles at request, don't have any kadees to hand though).

And last (and almost certainly least) no sale table is complete without the junk bin

sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
They did a Rock Island volountarily
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator 

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 19 2018 :  01:33:56 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
I don't know what are the odds of this, but I happen to have the same Walthers UP Airslide as the shell you have in that last photo, and I butchered it with weathering as a kid. I could use that to replace my shell and avoid the hassle of stripping the weathering!

Also, you have an old grey C&NW 40' reefer there in the same photo. This is a Silver Streak car from the 50s-60s and I collect these. Doesn't matter if it's missing any parts because I guarantee you I have them on hand

I'd be interested in both if you're still trying to get rid of em. Shoot me a PM!

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - March 19 2018 :  11:29:54 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Um, oddly enough, the Walthers airslide shell got used by me as a test bed for my new Tamiya weathering powders..... I still have the Silver Streak reefer though. I need some Silver Streak parts to repair one I have, I'll check what I need when I get home and get back to you. Actually, I never sealed the weathering so I could probably knock it off without harming the underlying paint.
sim-al2
Also since they cut track maintaince the trains had huge trouble making over the railroad by the end
純那
yeah
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - March 19 2018 :  3:35:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
quote:
The I desperately need money for the rapidly approaching train show oh god it's Saturday clearout special!

3 "weathered" Model Power (I think?) Gondolas. C&NW one is only done on one side. NYC car has one broken coupler, otherwise all couplers are intact and body mounted.

Originally posted by Pokemonprime - February 27 2018 :  11:06:45 PM

These are not Model Power. If you look at them carefully and compare them to any other older made gondola you see a unique detail on them. The side bracing extends down the side, under and across the bottom and ties into the opposite side bracing. Only MDC did this. model Die Casting.

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on March 19 2018 3:41:28 PM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - March 19 2018 :  7:18:05 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
price of gas station?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 18 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

RP model railroads
Big Boy

DOUBLE NICKEL55

Posted - March 19 2018 :  7:27:24 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add RP model railroads to Buddylist
Is the Southern RR GP9 still available??? If so, I'm interested!!!
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Youtube Channel: www.youtube.com/rpmodelrailroads

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rp_model_railroads/
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 4669  ~  Member Since: August 11 2017  ~  Last Visit: July 20 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

PRR 4800
Big Boy

MantuaShifterAvatar

Posted - March 22 2018 :  4:13:31 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add PRR 4800 to Buddylist
quote:
Um, oddly enough, the Walthers airslide shell got used by me as a test bed for my new Tamiya weathering powders..... I still have the Silver Streak reefer though. I need some Silver Streak parts to repair one I have, I'll check what I need when I get home and get back to you. Actually, I never sealed the weathering so I could probably knock it off without harming the underlying paint.

Originally posted by Pokemonprime - March 19 2018 :  11:29:54 AM

Haha it's okay, don't worry about the airslide. If you need parts just let me know!

--CRC
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 930  ~  Member Since: January 25 2012  ~  Last Visit: August 23 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Pokemonprime
Big Six

Posted - March 23 2018 :  11:25:57 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Pokemonprime to Buddylist
Okay, lemme clear some things up (apparently I missed this thread getting updated)

Southern GP9 is SOLD

Toptrain, thanks for the info about the gondolas, didn't know MDC did 40 foot gons of this style

Microbuss, I'm not sure about the gas station. $15? It's pretty nice.

Florida East Coast AHM SW1 is SOLD

Revell NYC gondola is SOLD

AHM RS-2 shell is SOLD

sim-al2
純那
yeah
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 283  ~  Member Since: August 22 2016  ~  Last Visit: March 14 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 2-8-0 needed in good working condition Topic Next Topic: Needed Tyco Stuff  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000