Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 7 ]  [ Total: 7 ]  [ Newest Member: Strummer ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 OTW's - The "Of The Week" Series
 Accessory of the week. (AOTW)
 AOTW <> Oct..26 - Nov. 1, 2014
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: AOTW November 2 - November 8 Topic Next Topic: AOTW October 19 - October 25, 2014  

JRG1951
Big Boy

Old_Guy

Posted - October 26 2014 :  04:11:44 AM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send JRG1951 a Yahoo! Message  Add JRG1951 to Buddylist
My AOTW is a blast from the past, a MRC non-DCC sound system

Regards, John ******************

The politician is trained in the art of inexactitude. His words tend to be blunt or rounded, because if they have a cutting edge they may later return to wound him. <> Edward R. Murrow
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 886  ~  Member Since: January 11 2012  ~  Last Visit: December 16 2023 Alert Moderator 

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 26 2014 :  09:25:19 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I hear ya, John ! Wonder if it still works? My AOTW is more visual, I found a vendor with some Life-Like Light-ups that I wanted, highway related. Also found 2 more over at another vendor, so they're all in this pile together. I usually find the street lights, old timey style, but rarely have I found highway signage , and lighted, too. I was happy. Plan on using some on my little stairwell layout.

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 26 2014 :  11:25:59 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
oh maaaan I want some of those!!!!!
Oh well train show next month
I'll look there
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 26 2014 :  11:41:08 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
"It's the real thing!"How would it not be the real thing? Anyway, my AOTW is a bunch of old Matchbox trains from the 1970s and 1980s that I got from my grandparents and goodwill in the last decade or so.

-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 27 2014 :  1:48:47 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
That MRC sound system is great fun, and the kids enjoy
making the sounds. I let them get away pressing multiple
sound buttons at once, and over time it appeared to
fry the circuitry. Ruined it. Otherwise this is a terrific
accessory!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 27 2014 :  7:37:13 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
That MRC sound system is great fun, and the kids enjoy
making the sounds. I let them get away pressing multiple
sound buttons at once, and over time it appeared to
fry the circuitry. Ruined it. Otherwise this is a terrific
accessory!

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 27 2014 :  1:48:47 PM

still got it?
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14689  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 28 2014 :  03:11:27 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist

Love those Tyco and Bachmann funkadelicious crossing gates with the green grass edged by the
white snow banks. This on has the switch man pop out of the little shed, Lionel style, but I
fear it is not likely to work soon.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 11193  ~  Member Since: December 09 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 19 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

metalsmith1
Big Boy

REAAvatar

Posted - October 29 2014 :  12:19:55 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add metalsmith1 to Buddylist
This is going on my Speed Racer slot car set!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 867  ~  Member Since: December 21 2013  ~  Last Visit: December 08 2016 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 29 2014 :  12:36:49 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:

Love those Tyco and Bachmann funkadelicious crossing gates with the green grass edged by the
white snow banks. This on has the switch man pop out of the little shed, Lionel style, but I
fear it is not likely to work soon.

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 28 2014 :  03:11:27 AM

do you needs a roof?

wks
Big Boy

parrot2015

Posted - October 29 2014 :  6:05:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add wks to Buddylist
Nice items as always. This photo of a vintage auto is a reshot of a post I did on BOTW.
Different angle and auto is somewhat oversized but still a cute picture.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 5849  ~  Member Since: February 12 2014  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - October 29 2014 :  10:33:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
Life-like lighted Exxon signs that will be displayed with the Tyco Exxon gas station...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 29 2014 :  11:58:22 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
Yessir, could use a roof. Lost it when the whole kit and caboodle got accidentally flipped upside down. That took some SERIOUS testors.
I wanted to kill that %$#% cat. Is there anything you might use?
Got a bunch of F7 shells, different road names, most Tyco if ye be
interested.

Speaking of which, I am running the heck out of that sweet red
Penn Central caboose, and loving every minute of it. Other pieces
really cool, also. That PC gon is pretty darn nice. The one I have,
loaded with oranges, was a sort of fantasy paint job, as it were. But
thanks to you, I got the real thing. Might fill it with apples. Now I gots
apples and oranges!

Chops124
Big Boy

Penn Central Logo

Posted - October 30 2014 :  12:00:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Chops124 to Buddylist
quote:
Nice items as always. This photo of a vintage auto is a reshot of a post I did on BOTW.

Originally posted by wks - October 29 2014 :  6:05:54 PM

WKS, you done it again. Just when I think you can't top yourself, you top yourself. Splendid and
imaginative scene. You really nailed it!

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 30 2014 :  12:24:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
quote:
Yessir, could use a roof. Lost it when the whole kit and caboodle got accidentally flipped upside down. That took some SERIOUS testors.
I wanted to kill that %$#% cat. Is there anything you might use?
Got a bunch of F7 shells, different road names, most Tyco if ye be
interested.

Speaking of which, I am running the heck out of that sweet red
Penn Central caboose, and loving every minute of it. Other pieces
really cool, also. That PC gon is pretty darn nice. The one I have,
loaded with oranges, was a sort of fantasy paint job, as it were. But
thanks to you, I got the real thing. Might fill it with apples. Now I gots
apples and oranges!

Originally posted by Chops124 - October 29 2014 :  11:58:22 PM

well goody I gotta find another a show Nov 28th for ME! hehe
Cause for some weird reason I has a extra roof
Must of been in a box I bought with trains in it

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 30 2014 :  1:13:00 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
& now I find I has a extra gateman

Bachmann NA moving trucks with a EZ Haul zip truck

DaCheez
Big Boy

Nose

Posted - October 30 2014 :  9:50:27 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Click to see DaCheez's MSN Messenger address  Add DaCheez to Buddylist
quote:

Originally posted by wks - October 29 2014 :  6:05:54 PM

That's a nice shot. The oversized car and ceramic house add to the photo. It looks almost real, yet whimsical at the same time. I like that pink ballast you used as well.
 Country: Canada  ~  Posts: 3319  ~  Member Since: September 22 2006  ~  Last Visit: April 07 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - October 31 2014 :  07:56:37 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
New goodies, 1800s style.

After a hard Friday night of wine, women and song.

And a quick trip to the local "lover's lane".

A hard days work.

After getting caught with the farmer's daughter.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - October 31 2014 :  09:30:12 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
Nice AOTWs, oldtimer52.Kinda funny too.
-Steve

"A lot of modellers out there who go to these train shows see broken HO stuff and go, 'This is useless' when, in reality, they can still be used for modeling whether it's as a prop on your layout or a cool project to make something old new again."
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3533  ~  Member Since: February 17 2014  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

Barry
Big Boy

DRGWAvatar

Posted - October 31 2014 :  12:09:10 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add Barry to Buddylist
Those are nice kits, George. I put together a couple of those buckboards. It was rather nerve-wracking for me at the time . . . there's this tiny piece of plastic connecting the step to the buckboard bed and the instructions tell you to bend it. You probably actually get two "tries", but I thought for sure it was going to break off the first time . . . and then you accidentally bend it back while you're assembling something else . . . crazy, but there's a good amount of detail. I've been wanting to get the stagecoach since seeing a photo of a stage meeting an old steam engine.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2087  ~  Member Since: March 16 2013  ~  Last Visit: July 05 2018 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - October 31 2014 :  7:23:15 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
They're gonna be a challenge for sure. I opened them up and holy ####, there are some really thin pieces in there. Oh well, time to grab the magnifying lenses and 00000 brushes.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 865  ~  Member Since: September 23 2014  ~  Last Visit: May 01 2023 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

gmoney
Big Boy

SCRF 77

Posted - October 31 2014 :  11:07:30 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add gmoney to Buddylist
I didn't know I had this. It must have been in a miscellaneous box I purchased.

An HO scale pool table with balls:

I'm not looking forward to trying to paint those balls!

Glenn

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 1486  ~  Member Since: December 13 2008  ~  Last Visit: April 02 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 31 2014 :  11:30:32 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
easy Get them markers with a fine teency point & paint them after you do the table
its how I been painting the tail lights on my vehicles

oldtimer52
Big Boy

0ldtime

Posted - November 01 2014 :  10:09:33 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add oldtimer52 to Buddylist
And I thought I had a challenge ahead of me. Make it a Snooker table, that way you only have to do two colors on the balls and NO numbers.

kovacste000
Big Boy

Daylight 4449

Posted - November 01 2014 :  10:42:38 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add kovacste000 to Buddylist
An H0 scale pool ball table? Cool.By the way, does anyone else thinks it looks a lot like a piece straight from a Monopoly board game?
-Steve

walt
Big Boy

Tyco Yum

Posted - November 01 2014 :  3:27:41 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add walt to Buddylist
quote:
easy Get them markers with a fine teency point & paint them after you do the table
its how I been painting the tail lights on my vehicles

Originally posted by microbusss - October 31 2014 :  11:30:32 PM

I don't think the marker idea would do much for a metal item...
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 6279  ~  Member Since: February 18 2009  ~  Last Visit: March 04 2022 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NickelPlate759
Big Boy

Rivarossi Logo

Posted - November 01 2014 :  9:19:54 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NickelPlate759 to Buddylist
quote:

I don't think the marker idea would do much for a metal item...

Originally posted by walt - November 01 2014 :  3:27:41 PM

How else is he supposed to draw the numbers on them?

The Tyco Depot
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3927  ~  Member Since: June 20 2007  ~  Last Visit: November 19 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

scsshaggy
Big Boy

scsshaggy

Posted - November 01 2014 :  9:46:38 PM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add scsshaggy to Buddylist
quote:
How else is he supposed to draw the numbers on them?
Originally posted by NickelPlate759 - November 01 2014 :  9:19:54 PM

Itty bitty waterslide decals.

Seriously, I think the whole shebang needs to be painted white, first, then the pool table in its colors, then all but the cue-ball could be colored with paint or markers in their final colors.

It's probably not possible to do a perfect job, but the thing will look plenty good when seen through an HO window.

Carpe Manana!
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 2353  ~  Member Since: September 17 2013  ~  Last Visit: April 20 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: AOTW November 2 - November 8 Topic Next Topic: AOTW October 19 - October 25, 2014  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000