Tyco Collector's Forum -
Welcome to the forum.
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot your Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Forum Admins & Mods   FAQ   Install Search Provider   Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Newsletters | Member Map | Members | Online Users |
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 8 ]  [ Total: 8 ]  [ Newest Member: Apollo X 1965 ] Select Skin:
 All Forums
 General HO Train Discussions
 Events
 EVENT : Timonium , MD show. Oct 25-26
   All users can post NEW topics in this forum
   All users can reply to topics in this forum
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: 42nd Annual El Paso Model Train Club Open House Topic Next Topic: St Joseph high school , Metuchen, NJ  

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 25 2014 :  7:18:33 PM Link directly to this topic  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
I drove up today to the west side of Baltimore to the large Timonium show on the Fairgrounds. Parking was problematic, so turn-out was pretty high. Even so, the deals were there, and I spent the money I took Some Tyco, Bachmann, Mehano, and others joined my bags of goodies, so much so that I had to take about 5 bags out to the vehicle about an hour after I got there. I parked my trains to run at my club's modular layout, and after leaving the first round in the vehicle, I went back for more shopping. Finally had enough about 2 pm ( got there at 11 AM ), and started to run my Tyco auto loader cars, one kept derailing, so I pulled it, and had mostly no further problems. Was very happy with the results, I ran them about an hour, and other than a few spots where others were also having problems derailing, it was successful.

Back to the goodies - I got another Conrail 0-4-0 steam engine and tender, an Alco C-415, and at the end of the day, a Bachmann Brill trolley for $5. And mixed in with rolling stock, I found a Mantua CP rail all-red engine, missing the power truck, got that for $2 I think. That pretty much concluded my "power grab". Oops, no it didn't, I picked up a Bachmann PCC trolley, not working, for $5, I have two bodies for that chassis already, so will see if I can fix it or not.

Was looking for more Tyco Brakeman cars, but saw zero. Not even any TYco regular Minneapolis St Paul or TH&E boxcars. Oh well. I got a Pepsi boxcar, a coke tanker, a York Peppermint Patty boxcar, and a Chiquita Banana boxcar, among many others. Guy had a bin of Life-like Light-Ups I got 6 of various highway types for 24. Spotted a Sam's Honest Used car building, $2 !!! Usually sell for over 15 on Fleabay. I had one already labeled as Dee's used cars, so now I have opposing dealers on my stairwell layout.

My feet were killing me by 4 PM, I packed up my auto loaders and headed for the door, hitting a few vendors on the way out. I found one with a $1 box, I got more Tyco flats and an auto loader, Cox flat, the banana car. Luckily I keep $10 in the dash of my car, because I KNOW I'll spend all I have in my wallet, and I was darn thirsty when I left, so I drove through the McD's nearby and grabbed a soda and tater fingers. :)

Overall a good day, weather was breezy but not cold, the deals were hot, and trains ran without problems for the most part. Just got home about 6:30 PM, and ready to relax now. Wife should be home soon, and dinner will be decided. Will take a lot of what I bought to my hobby shop job tomorrow to show my co-worker. For now, some water, and some TF posting.

Jerry in VA

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator 

toptrain

On Pingynp

Posted - October 26 2014 :  07:50:16 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add toptrain to Buddylist
Well Jerry It sounds like you had a "HECK of a Day". Good for you !
frank

toptrain

" It's a Heck of a Day " !!!

Edited by - toptrain on October 26 2014 07:50:52 AM
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 7504  ~  Member Since: August 07 2008  ~  Last Visit: February 24 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

NC shortlines
Big Boy

AberdeenRockfishAvatar

Posted - October 26 2014 :  08:41:23 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add NC shortlines to Buddylist
quote:
I drove up today to the west side of Baltimore to the large Timonium show .....

...Luckily I keep $10 in the dash of my car, because I KNOW I'll spend all I have in my wallet, and I was darn thirsty when I left, so I drove through the McD's nearby and grabbed a soda and tater fingers. :)
Jerry in VA

Originally posted by AMC_Gremlin_GT - October 25 2014 :  7:18:33 PM

Train show strategies. Yes, these require proper planning. Timonium is on my list of train shows to attend. Glad you had a blast, there.

Unspoken expectations are premeditated failures.
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 825  ~  Member Since: December 22 2008  ~  Last Visit: March 16 2015 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

AMC_Gremlin_GT
Big Boy

GremlinBL2

Posted - October 26 2014 :  09:30:51 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT an AOL message  Send AMC_Gremlin_GT a Yahoo! Message  Add AMC_Gremlin_GT to Buddylist
Here's a few pictures of "stuff" I got. Not all of it, but a good portion. More than a few estates being liquidated, and some good deals were there to be had.

While my feet were reviling me, I had a great time Gettin' old SUCKS. Golden years my butt....

Jerry

" When life throws you bananas...it's easy to slip up"
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 3974  ~  Member Since: January 04 2009  ~  Last Visit: January 11 2019 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page

microbusss
Big Boy

tiger

Posted - October 26 2014 :  11:33:30 AM Link directly to this reply  Show Profile  Add microbusss to Buddylist
another Fire Fox!
gimmies!

Hope to find some deals at November's show
 Country: USA  ~  Posts: 14688  ~  Member Since: February 23 2009  ~  Last Visit: April 15 2024 Alert Moderator  Go To Top Of Page
  Previous Topic: 42nd Annual El Paso Model Train Club Open House Topic Next Topic: St Joseph high school , Metuchen, NJ  
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
 Image Forums 2001 This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000